Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 29 Sign Ups closing March 22 >

Boom 29 Sign Ups closing March 22

Boom 29 Sign Ups closing March 22

Old 03-17-2023, 11:44 AM
Power Poster

Hi Annaquilts! Glad to have you back in the Booms!

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 03-17-2023 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-17-2023, 12:22 PM
Power Poster

I would consider sending all different fabrics to be an advanced strategy. For a newbie doing their first Boom swap, please stick to just one fabric.

For your color notes, list any preferences and dislikes there. Some people say "use any color in the print"(of the focus fabric), and others may say "White on white only please". Someone else may ask for solids only, or tonal prints, or small prints that go with the focus fabric. And some others might say "no preference, use any colors/fabrics you think look good." So, it's totally up to you what you request to go with your focus fabric, but remember it is only a request. No one is bound to use the fabrics requested (tho most do.)
Old 03-17-2023, 12:43 PM
Power Poster

As people sign up for this swap, I have been sending them additional info about packaging and sending F8s. I didn't want to devote too much time in this thread to that, so I have only sent that info out when people sign up. I may have not included my mailing address in the first few emails I sent, by accident. If you don't have my addy from last time, just pm me and I'll send it to you.

Hope you are all having fun picking out your fabric and getting it ready to send. Prepare 19 individually bagged F8s for each group.

Old 03-18-2023, 07:51 AM

I am ready to make BOOM blocks. I absolutely love making them.
Old 03-18-2023, 09:27 AM
Power Poster

Me too, Hav.....

Anyone have any fabric to show yet?
Old 03-18-2023, 09:38 AM

Smile Hello y'all

Hi everyone!

It's been a long time since I was in a BOOM. I'm really looking forward to it. Not all my past blocks have made it to their final quilts, either. That's no excuse to not join another swap! Each big baggie with the various blocks and notes is precious to me. Now that I've retired maybe I'll have more time to sew things together.

Congratulations to the new retiree and bride! Best of luck and life to you and your sweetie. Those with health issues, just hang in there. I hope you feel better soon. Eyes and hands can be such tricky things sometimes.

Quilters - funny story. One is often encouraged to shop from one's stash. This time I did. I found 4 yards of fabric with the receipt still pinned to it. Evidently, I bought it in July of 2000! And the best part - it was priced at $2 a yard! Wow! Can you believe it? 4 yards of quality fabric for $8. The fabric and colors are still in prime shape, even though it's 23 years old. I've washed the yardage. Still need to press and cut the F8s, then it will be on the way to our fearless leader.
Old 03-18-2023, 09:39 AM
Power Poster

1. Terriamn
2. Cheesehead
3. Hav4boys
4. SusieQOH (newbie!)
5. All2Pieces
6. MonaG
7. LogCabin82
8. duckling
9. Lstew2212
10. Annaquilts
11. sewbizgirl

Here are our sign ups, so far. Sign ups close in 4 days! Who else is sitting on the fence? Jump in! This is the most fun swap, ever. And with 3 months to get your blocks made, the time frame is easy.

At this point, only 3 people have signed up to do both swaps (2 month and 3 month). If we end up with this few in the 2 month group, we will only do a 3 month group and those who wanted 2 groups will be allowed to enter the 3 month group twice (sending 19 F8s each of 2 fabrics). But, we still have 4 days to see what happens...
Old 03-18-2023, 09:43 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by All2Pieces View Post
Quilters - funny story. One is often encouraged to shop from one's stash. This time I did. I found 4 yards of fabric with the receipt still pinned to it. Evidently, I bought it in July of 2000! And the best part - it was priced at $2 a yard! Wow! Can you believe it? 4 yards of quality fabric for $8. The fabric and colors are still in prime shape, even though it's 23 years old. I've washed the yardage. Still need to press and cut the F8s, then it will be on the way to our fearless leader.
Hi A2P, you found a treasure in your stash! Can't wait to see it. I always shop my stash first. There are things there that I have totally forgotten about.

I haven't picked my fabric yet... looking forward to doing so!
Old 03-18-2023, 10:00 AM

Fence sitting.
Old 03-18-2023, 10:04 AM
Power Poster

I hope you come back, Pet! You were a very strong influence towards modern improv quilting last boom. Your blocks were amazing, and got others to "quilt outside the box". Don't sit on that fence too long!