Boom 31 Spring

Old 02-23-2024, 06:35 AM

Janice and Libster great blocks!

Janice happy Birthday!

Last night hubby and I volunteered at the Fish fry here in our park. Boy oh boy we were kept hopping but it was fun at the same time. Except we came home smelling like grease and fish. Hoping one time through the wash will be all it takes. It is finally bright and sunny here!
Old 02-23-2024, 12:55 PM

Thanks, Terriamn!

Haven’t been to a fish fry in ages, so good! I suppose one could count the time we went to the local, and well touted, “seafood” restaurant last year. Ummm. We reeked of grease til we showered but the smell remained in the car for days. Yuk. Haven’t been back to that fine establishment.

Am working on another block but I’m running out of steam. At this point I realize I don’t have to worry about getting my blocks done on schedule. I think I can relax now. Yay.
Originally Posted by terriamn
Janice and Libster great blocks!

Janice happy Birthday!

Last night hubby and I volunteered at the Fish fry here in our park. Boy oh boy we were kept hopping but it was fun at the same time. Except we came home smelling like grease and fish. Hoping one time through the wash will be all it takes. It is finally bright and sunny here!
Old 02-23-2024, 03:09 PM

I am thrilled to say all packages are in a day ahead of schedule. Tomorrow I will sort everything out and double check the counts. I’ll print labels for a Monday shipping as planned. Those of you who sent cash should receive an email with your tracking numbers. I’ll post here when I’ve ordered the labels so you know to look for the email.

Libster 2
Sewbizgirl 2
Janice McC 2
Logcabin82 1
Cheesehead 1
Travelinggramma 1
Terriamn 2
Macybaby 2
lstew2212 1
WMUTeach 1
hav4boys 2
SusieQ 1
Rebaquilts 1

We’ve got a beautiful sunset starting. About time for the deer to show up. Have a nice evening.
Old 02-24-2024, 05:19 AM

Whoo, I think I will make it. I finished one of my baby quilts last night while watching a live stream conference. Now just one more baby quilt to go this month. Top done and just need to quilt, bind and label. Yea! Decks cleared for Boom Blocks! OK, and a UFO for the month and, and, and. Let the snipping and stitching begin.
Old 02-24-2024, 05:29 AM

Binding quilts, just finished binding Dylan’s Favorite Things row by row swap from the Quiltingboard swap two years ago, today will be binding my friend’s grandmothers quilt blocks for her birthday March 8 then my Lori Holt Quilted Witch. We got snow last night so no pics. Oh well. Then I’ll be cued up for the boomerang :-) hugs all!
Old 02-24-2024, 06:14 AM

My goal is to finish quilting my snowman faces before the boom fabric arrives. Making good progress but only have today and tomorrow left. Weather is supposed to be very nice Monday - Wednesday and we are going to head to South Padres Island for a couple of days. The island is beautiful but we have never been there when the wind wasn’t ferocious

Macybaby best of luck to you on selling your house quickly.
Old 02-24-2024, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Terriamn, Congratulations on your sewing machine cover. Did you create your own pattern or buy one? I’m amazed at the amount of dust in this house. I really should make one. It would have to be better than the cheap plastic on that came with the machine.

HAV’s and WMUTeach’s packages are due in today. That’ll leave just the last two being shipped today. We should be good with a mailing date of the 27th if USPS cooperates.

This morning I sorted all the F8s received so far. Lovely selection of fabrics! I think we’re going to have some fun! I’m stumped by Lstew’s Harry Potter F8s so I’ll do a little online searching for ideas. And I might have started a block for someone this morning because I might not have been able to help myself.
Janice, I will be thrilled with any block you create. This will be my quilt and mine alone.
Old 02-24-2024, 11:21 AM

Here is one for myself.
Attached Thumbnails fb_img_1708802168504.jpg  
Old 02-24-2024, 11:27 AM

I've packaged up all F8s into the padded USPS Priority flat rate envelope. I didn't need to use boxes this time for anyone doing double blocks so that was a surprise. Emails with your tracking number will be arriving shortly if they haven't already. Shipping will be Monday morning so many of you should have your fabrics by Wednesday if all goes well!

Macybaby and SusieQ, I can send a pic of your labels if you didn't save the number. Let me know if you need it.

Have a good rest of your day.
Old 02-24-2024, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn
Last group
Thank you for the quilt show. I love making scrappy quilts, so those were my favorite

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Got Reba’s tracking and it’s on its way. Due in a couple of days. Woo hoo!

Here are the blocks I made today. Color isn’t great on any of them but it’s dusk and I wanted to put them safely away tonight. First up is Hav’s pet footprints and hearts. My points aren’t as perfect as I’d like but I think it’s still good. I also used a wow with a very similar paw and heart print. Second is for Cheese. I love this block and it turned out well. The third is a soft one for Macybaby. The green is identical to the green in the print. Serendipity that I had it in the stash. The light is a cream with very subtle swirls. Definitely not white.

I want to get a few more done tomorrow. I’m feel the need to get a quick start since I’m in my first double group swap and I’m running it. I’m a little anxious to make sure I have enough time. Plus making blocks is keeping me happy and my mind occupied and somewhat off the dog situation.

Thanks for looking! I hope you like the blocks Hav, Cheese, and Macy.
Great blocks. Very pretty. Also, Happy Birthday.