Boom 31 Spring

Old 02-19-2024, 02:32 PM
Power Poster

Janice, I just finished preparing my baggies and printing labels. Shipping in a.m!
Sorry for the delay. Things have been crazy here.
Old 02-19-2024, 03:09 PM

Just replied to your email. Thank you!

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Janice, I just finished preparing my baggies and printing labels. Shipping in a.m!
Sorry for the delay. Things have been crazy here.
Also heard from Reba and she’s also shipping tomorrow.

Woo hoo! All our swappers are accounted for. Now I can set up my sorting system.
Old 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Power Poster

Yay, our last two ladies are on the ball!!

Janice, what you said about Ripley made me tear up. I hope she will hold on a lot longer than expected, just to soak up all that love your family has for her.
Old 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM

The first week after diagnosis I was a basket case. Then I realized she wasn't dead yet and still had some life in her! We weaned her off the steroids, am still weaning her in fact, and she is almost totally herself. No visible sign of a problem at all. When DS left, it hit me all over again and we stood there hugging, longer than he's held on since he was a child. A special moment between us. Ripley is AOK today and that's what counts now.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Yay, our last two ladies are on the ball!!

Janice, what you said about Ripley made me tear up. I hope she will hold on a lot longer than expected, just to soak up all that love your family has for her.

Old 02-20-2024, 06:04 AM

I am pretty impressed with myself, have been touting around fabric for 4 years to make a sewing machine cover and I finally made it yesterday. Can’t say it’s a perfect fit, bit tight on the bottom but the machine should be well protected from the non stop Texas wind that is full of dust.

It is a busy fun filled week everyday we have something going on and should be meeting lots of new people, potlucks, Minnesota gathering, fish fry and our good friend from home singing for another gathering this evening. Best of all going to a Quilt show with 3 other ladies later this morning.

Janice so glad you and your family were able to gather and celebrate Ripley
Old 02-20-2024, 06:18 AM

Red face

Terriamn, Congratulations on your sewing machine cover. Did you create your own pattern or buy one? I’m amazed at the amount of dust in this house. I really should make one. It would have to be better than the cheap plastic on that came with the machine.

HAV’s and WMUTeach’s packages are due in today. That’ll leave just the last two being shipped today. We should be good with a mailing date of the 27th if USPS cooperates.

This morning I sorted all the F8s received so far. Lovely selection of fabrics! I think we’re going to have some fun! I’m stumped by Lstew’s Harry Potter F8s so I’ll do a little online searching for ideas. And I might have started a block for someone this morning because I might not have been able to help myself.
Old 02-20-2024, 07:15 AM
Power Poster

Janice, I'm so glad things are stable with that cute pup. None of us ever knows what tomorrow brings so it's great to just love and appreciate today. Have I told you how adorable he is?
Old 02-20-2024, 08:10 AM

Thanks, SusieQ. I'm staying positive. She is a cutie.
Janice, I'm so glad things are stable with that cute pup. None of us ever knows what tomorrow brings so it's great to just love and appreciate today. Have I told you how adorable he is?
Old 02-20-2024, 08:41 AM
Power Poster

Tell her I'm sorry I called her a he
She's a "lovely lady".
Old 02-20-2024, 09:36 AM

lol! She’s used to people thinking she’s male simply because of her size. She takes no offense!

Also, I see your package is on the way. Thank you!
Tell her I'm sorry I called her a he
She's a "lovely lady".

Last edited by Janice McC; 02-20-2024 at 09:40 AM.