Boom 31 Spring

Old 02-14-2024, 08:52 AM

MJPEncinitas, so happy to hear from you! I’ll look forward to you lurking and commenting as well as joining us the next go round. It must be hard not being able to heal as well as you hoped. You must still be in pretty darn good shape to play tennis! Please keep in touch. And your clothing is lovely. Great work!

DH just walked in with flowers and a small box of candy for Valentine’s Day. A surprise to be sure. I hope you all have a happy Valentine’s Day as well.
Old 02-14-2024, 10:25 AM
Power Poster

Terri, sun is shining here! Yours is coming...

Ripley is so sweet in her Superdog cape. I do remember the daisy Boom quilt, in fact my block is centered right behind Ripley.

MJP! So good to hear from you, and see you looking so well. Lovely outfit! I love orange. Are the pants linen? My hubby had a heart attack a couple of months before you, and they told him the first year after was critical. It takes that long to heal. He does everything he wants, tho. If you are playing tennis, your heart must be healing well. Stay in touch!

Old 02-14-2024, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Ibex sorry you won’t be joining us.

Janice this is my second fabric.

Pretty gloomy looking day here in southern Texas. Hope some of you are seeing the sun
we could add some of your fruit to this fabric!!
Old 02-14-2024, 11:47 AM

I’ve received more packages today from Macybaby and Terriamn. Thanks!

Libster 2
Sewbizgirl 2
Janice McC 2
Logcabin82 1
Cheesehead 1
Travelinggramma 1
Terriamn 2
Macybaby 2
Old 02-14-2024, 03:58 PM

Miss you MJP and you are looking great in your outfit! Think of you and how much you stretched my comfort zone in fabric selections.
it is awesome to see others stepping up and helping you. You are loved.
tomorrow we drive to sons house in NH for a 5 day visit with him and his children. A few winter weekend activities in the small towns that should be fun(and serve hot cocoa)
Old 02-14-2024, 05:44 PM

Package in the mail. Extra ceiling paint returned. Faucet for the new kitchen ordered then cancelled. (Long Story with lots of whining.) And a stop to the grocery to get food for my kitty, ZuZu. Will PM needed info in a few minutes. Yea, day is almost done! Tomorrow is my regular Zoom Quilting group so I will be hiding out in my sewing room joyfully stitching away all afternoon while the predicted snow flurries pile up around my backyard that is a marsh/wetland preserve.
Old 02-15-2024, 07:16 AM

Good morning. Bright and sunny in WNC. Today looks to be a quiet day so I might get some quilting time after I straighten the house up for my son’s visit. Luckily, he’ll never notice a little dust so I won’t have to make the house spotless for him. I’m dying to open up all the packages and start working on boom blocks! So much loveliness so close at hand. I’ll content myself with making a block out of my pink fabric. Some kind of a star most likely.

Hope you all have a pleasant day!
Old 02-15-2024, 10:32 AM
Power Poster

To those of you with snowy storms, hope your power stays on and you stay cozy!

Here, it's a beautiful sunny, 60-ish degree day. This weekend we will get another freeze! That's how Mississippi is in the winter. They say, 'if you don't like the weather just wait a day or two'. I pulled my potted plants back in because of the freeze warning.

I have been trying to work up some of my pretty children's fabrics into tops that I can later quilt, as needed. Right now I'm loving the Take 5 pattern for fabric collections. I usually use more than 5 fabrics.
Old 02-15-2024, 03:50 PM

Been playing with one of my fabrics this afternoon. I made a quad heart block with the light pink slipper fabric. I used a wow with it. While I like the block, I can see that the pink will be easily overwhelmed by anything other than white or wow. And I think the pattern will be lost in complicated blocks so simple classic blocks might be best for it but I leave that up to you. I’ve seen you all do wonderful things with fabric I look at and say, “huh?” lol. You all are the best. The block is below.
Attached Thumbnails img_5277.jpeg  
Old 02-15-2024, 04:55 PM
Power Poster

Very pretty block, Janice! I think white is the right choice to go with that fabric, too. It's so delicate. Is one of your GDs taking ballet lessons?

Today I got my Aunt Daisy quilt pieces out (from that quilt-along many of us did a couple of years ago). I already made one big throw quilt with my little blocks, and still have tons left. It's high time I finish up and do something with those blocks. It's been a UFO for all this time. I'm finishing some things before the Boom fabrics arrive.