Boom 31 Spring

Old 04-17-2024, 07:15 AM

Spending the day in the motorhome - my quiet sewing space for now. Had to turn heat on, but it works. Also trying to catch up with the computer stuff.
Yesterday was exhausting as it was 14 year old granddaughter birthday. I haven't baked and frosted a cake in years but I did it. She asked for chocolate with silky white frosting and strawberries. Came out better than I expected so I was happy. I had just finished it all late morning when in drives 18 yr old grandaughter who drove three hours by herself to visit. Terrific surprise (she had let my DH know) and we had a nice time chatting until 14yo came home and they were off four wheeling up the mountain. Took them out to eat and was a late night waiting to hear that she arrived back safely. Oh to be young

Here are two more blocks:Terrriamn and WMUTeach.
Attached Thumbnails terriam2.jpg   wmuteach.jpg  
Old 04-17-2024, 07:43 AM
Power Poster

Good morning, everyone! Love the new blocks, TG! I wonder how many actual blocks we have left to see...?

Yesterday was a big shopping day, taking hubby around to buy some dress clothes for a wedding we are going to on Sunday. Today I will be hemming his dress pants... We were invited to the wedding of some good friends' son, and the invitation said the dress was to be "cocktail". What in the world is that? So after looking it up I learned that it's pretty formal, and we had nothing suitable to wear! But now hubby will be dressed sharp. Now I just have to find something to wear, myself. All my dresses fit me 20 lbs ago, LOL! Perhaps slacks and a pretty, flowy shirt for me.

This is the couple I am gifting with the birds Boom quilt from Boom 30.

It's another overcast day here.
Old 04-17-2024, 10:23 AM
Power Poster

Good grief! My husband was home Friday after fainting in our doctor's office on Wednesday. (low blood pressure and anemia)
Gets home by Friday. Saturday we get a call that the blood cultures grew and he had to be at the ER asap. Another nightmare. He has a rare bacteria in his gut. An infectious disease doctor got involved. Long story not that short but he's now home and on a medication that is working. Also his blood pressure is up and stable. I'm about to lose my mind but I'll try not to!
I think I forgot how to sew lol.
Oh- one thing I did last week before all the drama was send my Kaffe quilt from the last Boom to my longarmer. Can't wait to show you all~
Old 04-17-2024, 10:53 AM
Power Poster

Oh Sue, so sorry! Sounds like they have him on the right med now and hopefully that will take care of it! So sorry for all the stress for you.
Old 04-17-2024, 11:14 AM

Here are my two for today. First one is for RebaQuilts, second one is for Hav4.
Attached Thumbnails 20240417_135713.jpg   20240417_145916.jpg  
Old 04-17-2024, 02:27 PM

Sue, I’m so Sorry to hear hubby’s health issues continued but it sounds like he’s on the right track now. Must be quite frustrating and scary for both of you. Keeping you both in my thoughts.
Old 04-17-2024, 03:07 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful blocks, Lib!
Old 04-17-2024, 04:28 PM

TG, thank you for the pretty block. It will blend in well with the others and what I have planned. Yea! Strawberries and white frosting, YUMMY.
Old 04-17-2024, 04:33 PM

I think it’s time to put our dear hubbys in the bubble suit. We got to keep them healthy. Prayers for you and yours
Old 04-17-2024, 04:34 PM

SusieQ, your mind is likely hiding with the single sock lost in the dryer and your favorite little snips that you used yesterday and put away but are missing now. Time will reveal the sock, the snips and your mind. Good to know someone figured out what has been harassing your hubby's health. Whoo-hoo for progress.