Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 11-02-2010, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Okay a long overdue update on my beautiful hug blocks is here! These are more that I have received. I know missgiggles is not in here (thank you hubby!) but as soon as I get to it in moving sewing spaces I will post a picture-I know it had a great pinwheel in the middle of it :-)
I want to thank you all again-you are truly fabulous and such a wonderful base of support for me and for Izabella. You all mean so very much to the both of us!!
Much Love & Huge Hugs
April
Blocks in order from left to right top to bottom are:
Montanablu, Janecat, Ksea
OdessQuilts, Sew Cornie, KSea (granddaughter Aby :-))
Leakus, Bibliostone, Oatw13
Oatw13
Second picture all three blocks are from MJ

This is going to be a spectacular quilt!!!

PS-Ksea-are you ready for your son's wedding Saturday?
PPS KwiltKrazy Your heart block will be in the mail on Monday-so sorry for the delay!!
April, sorry this is after the fact, but yes I ended up being very ready for my sons wedding. It was a lovely but very different ceremony ( I had never been to a Halloween wedding before, had to ask to be sure it was for real a wedding and not just a costume party) The trip was wonderful and the family time more precious than I can ever explain. ( My son and one of his older sisters saw (seen?) each other for the first time in 15 years) It was absolutely priceless and a time that neither one is every likely to forget. I finished his quilt with about 2 hours to spare before departure time. I will post pics later tonight, I am pretty happy with the way it turned out.
Your new sewing space is awesome, and your quilt blocks are beautiful, can't wait to see the finished hug quilt.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by jlin52
OK - I finally got a camera - now i'm going to try this - it is a picture of all the grown up blocks i have received so far. Hope this works - i'm not real computer savy.
jlin52 your blocks are all beautiful but as I was looking thru the pics I noticed that the block I sent to you with the bright orange and yellow colors just doesnt really go at all. While I love the orange and yellow with your blue fabric it looks really out of place with the rest of your blocks so this morning I went thru my envelopes and found your left over fabric and then went thru my stash and found and cut out a new block that will fit with your other blocks better. Maybe you can find a different project to fit the first one into. I am sorry that it is so different from all the others, this 2nd one will match alot better. I will put it in the mail tomorrow or thursday.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter
That is from Cat18. I have a sample of it in my record.
Fun piece to mix with red and blue.

Jupiter

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
Leakus, all your blocks are beautiful. They are suppose to be a sampler, not matchy,matchy. All the pictures people have shown of all their blocks has a wonderful sampling of blocks and they look great.

I was wondering if some one could tell me whose fabric this is, I think oat 13, but not sure.
I've sent her a PM to see if she has any info on this pretty fabric.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:37 AM

That is going to be one awesome quilt when its all done. Love the butterflies.

Jupiter

Originally Posted by moonrise
Here's all of my blocks received-to-date together. :)

I think I've already got my fabric selected for next time! :mrgreen:
Old 11-02-2010, 10:02 AM

Janecat-I received your grown up block back today and it is so pretty! Thank you for the lovely reds.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
I was wondering if some one could tell me whose fabric this is, I think oat 13, but not sure.
Hi everyone, yes, this is my fabric. I sent out 8 different black/white fabrics for this swap and asked that patriotic colors/prints be paired with it if possible.

I won't be home for another three weeks, but ALL the blocks I received before I left were absolutely beautiful! When I get home, I will post pictures of all these beauties!

I am going to use them for a Quilt of Valor and plan on including a letter to the recipient explaining how all the different blocks came to be and where they originated from.

Thank you all and my apologies that my being away from home prevents me from checking this link more often!

Cat
Old 11-03-2010, 06:57 AM

Ksea- you don't have to make another block for me - I really like the one I have - and as people have already stated, these are diverse blocks, they are not suppose to all match and look the same. Please don't feel obligated, I'm very ecclectic and the orange will fit in very well.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:15 PM

I got 3!!! blocks from oatw13 on Mon. My sister and I just love the bears in the woods and the bears in the house! They are just great blocks, and my sister said she is very imaginative. Look at these bears!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-118720.jpe   attachment-118721.jpe   attachment-118722.jpe  
Old 11-03-2010, 04:10 PM

How adorable!!! :thumbup:
Old 11-03-2010, 06:03 PM

Here I go again with a "different" block. I cannot help myself. It is for knlsmith. She asked us to go wild and this is what her fabric wanted to be when she joined the others on my design wall.

My block to knlsmith
[ATTACH=CONFIG]118823[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-118818.jpe