Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 11-09-2010, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Thank you letsquilt-prayers are surely appreciated. I try to just take each day as it comes and live it to the best of my ability. I smile every day no matter what-I know life is too short not to!

Thank you so much for the kind words Ksea. I have complete faith in my doctor-he is one of the top brain surgeons in the country so I put my life in his hands and trust that between his hands and God's will everything will work out as it should.

No controversy, no worries-you will not be left out of boom 4 :-)

And it appears I will have the time to do 4 so I am back in for 4 so that makes me happy happy!!!

Much Love & Huge Hugs
April
Happy Happy is good!!
Old 11-09-2010, 08:30 AM

Just got a wonderful block from KarenBarnes today-so many pieces! I couldn't believe how many squares could go into a 12" block :thumbup:
I have enjoyed this whole swap that I can't wait until boomerang 4 begins and it starts all over again :-D

I'll be glad to work on mbogenpohl's fabric when she has a chance to send it out-glad she was able to join in the fun :-)

I can't believe how great the blocks are coming out, a lot of combinations I wouldn't have even thought of-but I guess that's all part of this-a lot of different techniques that someday I might even try :oops:

from KarenBarnes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122363[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-122358.jpe  
Old 11-09-2010, 09:05 AM

I also got my block from Karen Barnes today! It's a great block. Thank you!

I also sent out blocks to purplemem, shaysmema, brenda5, nurse bonnie, kwiltkrazy, letsquilt, quiltlin and megsann2.

When mbogenpohl gets her fabric sent, I will be happy to do her block.

Prayers for you April. Your attitude is an inspiration. I really have to scold myself sometimes when I realize I let little things make me grumpy or keep me from getting in gear and getting things done.

Block from Karen
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122370[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-122365.jpe  
Old 11-09-2010, 09:11 AM

letsquilt ~ I got your f8, very cute!!

April ~ so sorry to hear about your dog. And with this 6-month hold you are on, there will be extra prayers for no problems between now and then.

mbogenpohl ~ please send me your f8 whenever you can. As for my block, take your time as I will not be putting together til after the new year.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:17 AM

I received the F8's from mbogenpohl. I like it :)
Old 11-09-2010, 11:07 AM

Received a breath-taking block from MegsAnn. Will post soon.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by wendsy
Just got a wonderful block from KarenBarnes today-so many pieces! I couldn't believe how many squares could go into a 12" block :thumbup:
I have enjoyed this whole swap that I can't wait until boomerang 4 begins and it starts all over again :-D

I'll be glad to work on mbogenpohl's fabric when she has a chance to send it out-glad she was able to join in the fun :-)

I can't believe how great the blocks are coming out, a lot of combinations I wouldn't have even thought of-but I guess that's all part of this-a lot of different techniques that someday I might even try :oops:
Yours is the only one that I sat back and did a "what did I do?" afterwards! I do hope you like it!
Old 11-09-2010, 05:43 PM

Thats a better way, Wensdy, putting the return addy label onto the F8.

Ohhh.... Karen Barnes sent me a Virginia Wormwood block. Lots of little pieces put together my floral with some purple... very nice. Thank you Karen!

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by wendsy
Great idea Jupiter! :thumbup:
I stapled (little more permanent than pinning but still removeable) the return address or a label on one end of the fabric and kept it close while I was sewing. Even though I've finished all my blocks and have mailed them all everything is still labeled :-D
Old 11-09-2010, 05:54 PM

Maybe Mbogenpohl might want to include her F8 with the finished blocks she as she gets them done. I think that would save her a bunch on postage.... wouldn't it? or would that just make the envelope fatter?

Mbog... Anytime you want to send your F8, I am doing not much of anything these days and would like the project.

just a thought... hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Hello everyone
First thank you for the condolences and well wishes-they mean so much to me. Life keeps bringing loops around but we will get through them.
They put off my shunt surgery for 6 months as now they are watching me for arnold chiari malformation (brain sag) which could be life threatening so this is the main priority now. They put me on a new med which helps to abate the pain so hopefully it will help for the 6 months until they see if they have to worry about the chiari or not.

Second-Mbogenpohl had life hit her pretty tough lately and is just getting back to on her feet. She is going to be making blocks for everyone and getting them mailed out. She would like to start sending her fabric to everyone now and if anyone feels they do not have enough time to make her block please send her a PM letting her know.

Thank you all for being such a warm, loving, supportive and understanding group of ladies. Life is better when you have friends to turn to!

Much Love & Huge Hugs
April
Old 11-09-2010, 09:27 PM

Got a gorgeous grown-up from KarenBarnes today. Look how pretty!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-122920.jpe