Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 08-21-2010, 05:04 AM

Renee, you're not late. It's today. Thanks!
Originally Posted by reneebobby
oh dear missed a birthday but Happy belated Birthday.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:08 AM

['I got completed blocks from: Montanablu-what great matches! If I didn't know better I would have thought you had bought all the material yourself instead of me sending you a piece.']

Wendsy thanks for the compliment:)
Either my stash is much larger than I thought, or you all have seen it!! What I've recv'd so far has been super! & easy to find go-withs. Hope the rest of the squishies coming are as easy!
*Don't we play well together??!
Old 08-21-2010, 05:23 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM ME TOO!!!!!! ENJOY THE DAY.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:29 AM

Thanks Brenda!
Originally Posted by brenda 5
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM ME TOO!!!!!! ENJOY THE DAY.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by brenda 5
I really have to get busy. Am I recieveing f8s!
My 2 daughters are living with me right now and their children. Had to give up my sewing room. Was going to sew yesterday and who was sewing when I got home My older daughter. She was making a purse. Of course i have 6 machines and she had to pick one of the new ones. She texed me and asked if she could get some fabric out of my stash. then she posted on her facebook that she just got back from moms fabric store. I guess if you saw my garage you would know why. I used to work in a fabric store. I probably could start my own, with what i have.

I belong to another quilting community and i have a exchange going. Out of 16 people I have 6 people that I have not recieved their blocks yet. I guess after I do that I am not going to do anything their again. You ladies are alot more fun.

Any way I have recieved these f8s
catw13,quiltergirl80,OK Darla,shaysmema,janecat,biblostone,Ksea,Kathy N, KarenBarnes,missgigglewings.

Brenda
I have always found it a bit odd that quilters have more than one machine. Really, you can only sew on one at a time! But, I do have two, not sure why! I guess if one malfunctions I can switch to the other. Mine are both old, so when I go to Mema's where she has five machines I pick the best one if given the choice! It is just so much nicer sewing on a smooth, quiet machine. :thumbup:

I feel a little overwhelmed too with all the squishes, so I put them away and I just making sure I do at least three a week. Some blocks will be a little more elaborate than others, but they will all get done.

Have fun sewing with your daughter. It is so fun to have a sewing buddy.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:45 AM

Happy Birthday from me to you.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:33 AM

Happy, Happy from me too Donna.

I finished three blocks last night. I'm home alone today so I should get several more made. Will post tomorrow night which one are going home in Monday's mail.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:45 AM

Ok this is one reason i have so many sewing machines. I have an industrial one in the garage that sews leather. My dad used to do tack at the race track. I have a 1949 Kenmore that was my mothers first machine, I have a 1955 Singer that was my grandmothers, I have a fashion mate (singer) that was my friends that she gave me and I fixed it. I have a Singer embrodiery machine that my husband bought me a year ago, and i have a viking sapphire that i just bought, a few months ago after, My viking 500 just blew up so we bought me the sapphire.
I sew alot of clothing and i do use almost all of them (but the one in the garage). If i am making something that is topstitched i will put top stitch thread on one and i never have to change the thread. I used to do more than one project at a time so I don't have to change the threads. some the first 2 are just because they belong to people I love. But they do work. The Kenmore is so heavy it takes 2 people to lift it up on the table, they sure don't make them like that anymore. Grandmothers old machine is better to piece quilts with. It just a straight stitcher.
I also have a white, serger but that was a bust because I never use it. I think I may have to give it to my oldest daughter. i hate using it. Give me a sewing machine anytime. Brenda

I recieved these f8s just one hour ago. norbanaquilts,cat18,jin52
Old 08-21-2010, 06:51 AM

I'm glad I don't have an industrial machine. They can sew just about anything... which means my hubby would have me slaving away reupholstering his cars! Soooo much more fun to make quilts. They're pretty!

Happy happy birthday Norbanna! We love you.

Oh, and I have one block winging its way back to the owner today. Ummmmm whose was it? ::checks notes:: It's Wednsy's. Your fabric thought it was a F4 I think... 'cause it picked a block where you need 2 colors, and I ended up using 3 'cause there wasn't quite enough LOL.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:22 AM

Well, I have them all folded for the envelopes. i took painters tape and marked off a rectangle a tad smaller than my envelopes and that made it sooo super simple! Then i just got back from town to get plastic wrap. Now i am going to make a label to put in with each one.

Woo hoo! should be able to mail most of them Monday. and the rest friday (payday :) )