Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group >

Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group

Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group

Old 08-29-2011, 10:16 AM

Karen I received a beautiful block from you. I loved it, as I told you when I posted the picture. You did a great job.
Originally Posted by karenpatrick
After reading about all the animosity associated with this swap, I'd be happy to reimburse anybody for their F8 if they are unhappy with the blocks I have sent so far. I'd also like to return the F8s I have yet to make into blocks. I'm not going to waste my time and fabrics if they are not going to meet with expectations. I have better things to do with my time. This is my first and last swap. This has been a very busy summer with some prior quilting committments. I knew that I would not be able to get my blocks done until close to the last minute, which I said at the very beginning. I'm very disappointed to have this swap turn out like this.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:31 AM

ditto for me! I'll take a nice block from you please.
I love them all!

Originally Posted by LauraEllen
Originally Posted by karenpatrick
After reading about all the animosity associated with this swap, I'd be happy to reimburse anybody for their F8 if they are unhappy with the blocks I have sent so far. I'd also like to return the F8s I have yet to make into blocks. I'm not going to waste my time and fabrics if they are not going to meet with expectations. I have better things to do with my time. This is my first and last swap. This has been a very busy summer with some prior quilting committments. I knew that I would not be able to get my blocks done until close to the last minute, which I said at the very beginning. I'm very disappointed to have this swap turn out like this.
Karen,
I haven't received my block from you yet, but please don't feel like you need to return my F8. I'm sure whatever block you send me with be beautiful! :D
Old 08-29-2011, 12:43 PM

I have no problem with blocks not showing up by the deadline. I am pleased with all that I have received. I do hope that the blocks I sent out were liked. I have a stack finished, ready to mail. I have one block that is almost completed and will be mailed tomorrow with the others. I will be finished this evening with all the blocks.
I have been quilting for 28 years. I would call that seasoned. With each project or just a block I always learn something new. Sometimes there is a mistake and the seams don't match exactly. I expect that. Not ever single point is exact.
In almost all of the blocks I made were made with 4/5 fabrics and not basic patterns. I put a lot of pride in my work and I feel that it is good. It isn't perfect..nothing in this world is perfect, only God's Love.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:36 PM

This is an update on what I have received and sent.

Received the following finished blocks:
AngieS
bolin0909
Carsey
craftphanatic
cindyh
DonnaD
Fromzstore
haveplenty
janecat
JudyVA
Karenpatrick
KathyN
Kreinhart742
MFQS
montanablu
Moonrise
MsGrace
NanaKathy55
OKDarla
paintmejudy
Pattis47
Pokerdiva
Selfhunter
total 23 received

Blocks going out Tuesday 8/30
NanaKathy
Laraellen
OkDarla
quiltin'gran
AngieS
janecat
Pattie47
Havplenty
Materialgirl
BrendaS
Jennifer22206
Montanablu
Navarre2011
Qbee
total 14

Blocks not received
Brenda21
Brenda5
heyjamie
jennifer22206
LauraEllen
Lillie
Materialgirl
Navarre2011
NurseBonnie
Obee
quiltin'gran
Roseysue
total 12

If I have any errors please PM me and I will correct it.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:38 PM

Yippee,all my blocks are on their way home,the Canada ones will probable late as will Navarres 2011 sorry,but let me know if they don't arrive,i only had to buy fabric for 2 blocks,all the rest where from my stash,that made me happy.I hope you had fun making yours,as I had fun making the ones I had.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:45 PM

Did any one else have this situation,I got the fabric looked at and said,oh my goodness,what could I possible have to match this?Then I start looking in my stash and lo and behold eureka! something matches,and when did I buy that?I have to look to my stash more often,there is a lot of stuff folded and tucked away.LOL
Old 08-29-2011, 03:47 PM

LOL, Materialgrl..
One of the 8ths that I received kept getting pushed to the bottom of the pile. I was rummaging through my stash and I found 6 different pieces to match. Whew..I need to look more often also.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:52 PM

That one with the sun and the Inca guy, kinda out there for me,he kept getting to the bottom of my pile,but I did find something.I wish I could have over nighted them to you guys,I am anxious to see if you are pleased with them.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:58 PM

Materialgrl and Janet (MOM) you both do a great job! I'd be happy as a pig in mud to swap with either of you any day of the week! ;) Hugs to you both.

I have to add that I love all of the blocks that I have received so far. Each one is different and that's what will make Lucas' quilt so special. Wish I had sent the siggie blocks too. ;)
Old 08-29-2011, 04:24 PM

Blocks going home tomorrow to janecat, kreinhart742 and lauraellen.