Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group >

Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group

Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group

Old 06-04-2011, 08:40 PM

difergie, you are not alone. i wait with great anticipation, and then my hopes are crushed. it's been almost 2 weeks since i've received any thing squishy, and my mail box is in a deep depression. i'm sure it'll perk up soon. ;) i think katy waits anxiously, too. i bet others do, too. 'fess up, y'all!!
Old 06-04-2011, 08:42 PM

have to agree the waiting is the hardest part....but it is my fault for mailing F8s out so late. This is very addictive!
Old 06-04-2011, 09:00 PM

Difergie and nancia I finished your blocks. They'll be on their way to you on Monday .. hopefully the PO plays fair and you don't have long to wait.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:59 PM

ooooooh, i'm so excited! thank you. sometimes i think i'm 60 going on 4! i doubt i will ever grow up, and i darn well have no intention of being old! i prefer to be 17 and some months.
(it's working so far!;0)
Old 06-04-2011, 10:40 PM

You are right I am excited and waiting. I have 6 blocks back but have not started any to mail out as I am working on a memory quilt for a customer that includes 16 photos. Got to do it first Since she has already paid me. Had two people contact me today wanting lap quilts done but I am clearing some time to do some blocks before I start their projects. Probably only time for 5-10 and will have to squeeze time in for others here and there. I am only expecting the two F 8 still so my mailbox may be sad for awhile. I am already looking forward to doing something like this again. I am going to put the labels with names I have had you all signed and frame them with a piece of left over fabric from your F8 you sent to me and put them on the back. It will help me remember everyones fabric and what they did for me. Well...back to sewing it is almost midnight.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:06 AM

Going to try to post a pic of progress made on the quilt that is keeping me from getting my Boom blocks done quickly. Info I am working with is she like purples and some pink and butterflies and 16 pics that include all of this gma's siblings, children and grand children. It is my goal to only use fabrics already in my stash and about 90% of these fabrics were in a scrap box of less than 1/4 yd pieces. This way I am at least not putting so much into fabric purchase that I make nothing by making it.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Katy
Going to try to post a pic of progress made on the quilt that is keeping me from getting my Boom blocks done quickly. Info I am working with is she like purples and some pink and butterflies and 16 pics that include all of this gma's siblings, children and grand children. It is my goal to only use fabrics already in my stash and about 90% of these fabrics were in a scrap box of less than 1/4 yd pieces. This way I am at least not putting so much into fabric purchase that I make nothing by making it.
Well that did not work ! No browse button here. Perhaps another time.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
ooooooh, i'm so excited! thank you. sometimes i think i'm 60 going on 4! i doubt i will ever grow up, and i darn well have no intention of being old! i prefer to be 17 and some months.
(it's working so far!;0)
I tell my husband everyday...I fell no more then 18 but the other day after a day of allot of yd work I told him I was feeling old all of 26. I'm really 55
Old 06-05-2011, 04:48 AM

There are days I feel ancient. And I'm only 28 honestly. Most of the time I'm super energetic. I have a 2.5 year old.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:00 AM

HaHa. I was on the roof cleaning gutters and this morning I am really sore. (Mainly in places, I didn't know existed.) My son usually does this but he was in a softball tournament. My husband can't do it cause he has MS. I like doing yard work and such. But, I can tell, I'm getting older!! I also like to think I am much younger than 53!! I have to stay that way. Expecting our first grandchild in December. :thumbup: