Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011 >
  • Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011

• Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011

Old 09-16-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
    ooh i found a shoe block pattern!!! i just ordered the magazine. i hope someone in my upcoming swap group likes shoes.:-D
    I love shoes! A Shoe fabric, or a shoe block would be awesome!
    Old 09-16-2011, 12:29 PM

You are such a reliable person and respond to PM'm and e-mails quickly I don't feel you or your family need the added aggravation. Maybe if one or two people feel they need it you could send it to just them.
    Attached Thumbnails us-flag-test-bmp.bmp  
    Old 09-16-2011, 12:44 PM

Default test

Question about the washing and size. I see it says to wash the block before sending it home. So, do you think we need to make it a slightly bigger in case of shrinking?
    I just want to make sure no one gets upset. I see some people are talking about prewashing so I'm a little confused. I just want the best way to get the size done, and washed at the right time!
    Attached Thumbnails pa130061.jpg  
    Old 09-16-2011, 12:47 PM

Default trying to post a picture

Do not wash the block. Wash your fabric before you send your F8 and any fabric you might put into the block but not the block itself. Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by babeyruth
    Question about the washing and size. I see it says to wash the block before sending it home. So, do you think we need to make it a slightly bigger in case of shrinking?
    I just want to make sure no one gets upset. I see some people are talking about prewashing so I'm a little confused. I just want the best way to get the size done, and washed at the right time!
    Old 09-16-2011, 04:03 PM

as an fyi, the completed blocks should measure an unfinished 12.5". proper cutting and sewing an accuratee 1/4" seam is key. if you do not have a 1/4" presser foot, you can use the blue painter's tape (removes easily) to tape off your 1/4" seam mark or i saw a sewing tip that used a package of post-it-notes as a marker. sticking a package of post-it-notes at the 1/4" mark acts as a stop gap & will keep your fabric from going over the seam allowance. the notes are easily removable too, just stick them on or take them off.

while we may all have our times of mis-cutting or mis-sewing a seam, if the receiver gets a block that is less than 12.5" unfinished, it can be difficult to fix that issue depending on the pattern of the block. i have two 1/4" presser feet as well as i keep a seam gauge near while i am sewing to check my seams.

also as i make some blocks without the actual patterns (i see the blocks on the web or in a picture), i have to calculate what the proporations are so i will cut the block out of practice fabric and make it up first just to make sure i get it right. as i will probably make several paper pieced blocks this upcoming boom (the shoe blocks), i know i will be doing plenty of practice blocks so i can make something worth sending. hopefully these are helpful tips to someone out there.
    Old 09-16-2011, 04:39 PM

hmm i'm thinking scandulous stilettoes!

Originally Posted by marytoddliz
    ooh i found a shoe block pattern!!! i just ordered the magazine. i hope someone in my upcoming swap group likes shoes.:-D
    I love shoes! A Shoe fabric, or a shoe block would be awesome!
    Old 09-16-2011, 05:46 PM

hmmm. i think the bigger question is how will you feel about receiving the telephone calls. with all that is going on in your life, your health, you're raising a daughter with all that goes with that & managing and participating in board swaps, do you really want the added traffic of receiving swap phone calls also?

i personally like calling over email/posts/pm's because it can be more direct and quick but i have found in this forum the pm's and posting work because these activities take place in our "spare" time. personally i would never call you, just use the resources that are available on this board or email for communciation. all imho.

mary

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    I saw another swap hostess post this in her swap and was wondering if you all would feel better if I posted my number in the private section of the activity page in case anyone ever needed to contact me?
    Let me know your thoughts
    Hugs
    April
    I totally agree...I would never call you about a swap matter. You are so kind to do this for us when you can't even join us! Please don't should stretch yourself too thin. We love and need you my dear!
    Old 09-16-2011, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise
    I can honestly say that most people who join do every boomerang thereafter lol :)....
    :mrgreen:

Yep, I did 3, 4, and 5, and would be doing this one if I didn't have so much going on right now. Even so, I'm having to sit on my hands to keep from signing up anyway! So nobody tempt me! :lol:
    Come on Come on come and play with us...you know you WANT to lolol Oh wait you said don't tempt you....sorry :mrgreen:
    Hugs
    April
    How in the world can we put together a Boom quilt without a moonrise block??
    Old 09-16-2011, 06:11 PM
    Power Poster

My 2 cents if you think you might be unavailable for a few days have someone else help answer questions - this is my first time doing one of your swaps - but in all the other swaps I have done there is no real need to call. We are doing this for fun and it should be kept in perspective as a fun swap. Everyone has life emergencies and things come up and we all understand that :wink: I don't see any reason I would need to call you and would probably forget where I wrote the number down anyways :oops: LOL
    Old 09-16-2011, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings

How in the world can we put together a Boom quilt without a moonrise block??
    Awww ... how sweet of you to say that! :)

Y'all don't have to twist my arm anymore. Moonrise is IN! :mrgreen: :lol: ;)

My fabric is all picked out. I'd bought two "potential" fabrics for the last Boomerang, then changed my mind and went with something else. I went digging through my stash, and there were the two original fabrics! I'd forgotten about them! :oops: :thumbup:

I'll probably send half of my F8s in blue, and the other half in purple (same fabric; different colorway) ... if I can bear to cut into it, that is! :shock: :lol:
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-257972.jpe   attachment-257973.jpe