Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 6.0 Summer Group >

Boomerang 6.0 Summer Group

Boomerang 6.0 Summer Group

Old 01-24-2012, 06:21 AM

I think that is the hard part. If you are doing a more complicated block it's going to take longer then you'll stress. Personally if you are pressed for time or your brain is on overload....for my block do a 9 patch. It won't hurt my feelings at all. The whole idea is to get 15 blocks. They will all be different because we are adding fabric to them to make them unique. Have you been to craftsy.com and signed up for their block of the month? They did 2 this month and they are easy yet neat looking. I LOVE the astris block! http://www.craftsy.com/class/The-Cra...nth/50?d=55301 They do a different technique each month. I really like it. You can watch the videos as many times as you like. They only do the one each month but you can always go back and look at the month before as well. So really you can start at any point during the year.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:29 AM

Hello Everyone,
Just popping in to see how you are all doing. Deadline for mailing all blocks is coming up quick. They are due to be mailed home by next Wednesday February 1. Please let me know if something is going to prevent you from finishing on time.
I go in for surgery friday so if you do not hear back from me right away do not fret. I will respond as soon as I physically can
Huge Hugs
April
Old 01-24-2012, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella View Post
Hello Everyone,
Just popping in to see how you are all doing. Deadline for mailing all blocks is coming up quick. They are due to be mailed home by next Wednesday February 1. Please let me know if something is going to prevent you from finishing on time.
I go in for surgery friday so if you do not hear back from me right away do not fret. I will respond as soon as I physically can
Huge Hugs
April
Good luck with your surgery April
Old 01-24-2012, 08:18 AM

April I sent you a PM. Did you get it?
Old 01-24-2012, 10:09 AM

I realize now that I should have purchased more of my main fabric, in case I want to add to my block collection. And I should have sent your scraps along w your blocks! Next time!! Dotty
Old 01-24-2012, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
I realize now that I should have purchased more of my main fabric, in case I want to add to my block collection. And I should have sent your scraps along w your blocks! Next time!! Dotty
I don't have much but would you like your scraps back? I do not mind sending them back home. Phannie.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:48 PM

That is what I learned also Dottie! This swap seems to be having a good completion rate but I have Been burned on a couple of swaps. Life happens and I know it sometimes doesn't work out perfectly. I just really appreciate it when people let you know they can!t finish and it helps if they send the fat eighth back. Having said all that, I love the fun I have doing these swaps. Thanks to all that made or are making blocks. I love the quilts that originate from these swaps.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Power Poster

Well another block will hit the mail tomorrow- 5 down 10 to go- just bear with me , I really am trying to get them all out by the deadline
Old 01-25-2012, 04:59 PM

Has anyone heard if there will be a boomerang 7 or not? I really liked doing this swap and want to do it again. I know April is having surgery and will need some recovery time. Just wondering. Phannie
Old 01-25-2012, 05:13 PM

I'm Game for a Boomerang 7! Hope somebody takes it on hosting if April isn't or can't. I would consider it but don't know what all it envolves or how to do it!