Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 6.0 Summer Group >

Boomerang 6.0 Summer Group

Boomerang 6.0 Summer Group

Old 12-13-2011, 05:48 PM

Great idea!!
Old 12-13-2011, 06:11 PM

I have received 8 so far..will post tomorrow!
Old 12-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Power Poster

I already did post mine- now I need to get cracking on making and sending out ...

Hi Angie How have you been ???

I think the holidays are keeping everyone busy
Old 12-14-2011, 07:33 AM

Sharon I am just fine. Dreading Christmas..... this time of year always depresses me. Not enough dough to go around. The bills don't stop coming in while you are trying to get a little something for the little kids that are all excited. Just gets me down. This year I think is the worst we've ever had! In the beginning my DH said we weren't even doing Christmas. I don't even have a tree up! I finally said you know-Jesus got 3 gifts.....why not do 3 gifts for each of the kids-so he agreed. That is even difficult since I've been laid off. His work hasn't been like before, he's working so we're thankful but it's a day to day basis. So, the kids have picked 3 things that they would like to have with the understanding that they may or may not get them. Mary-Grace is so funny!! She picked 3 things from the K-Mart sales add-all on the SAME page!! Pink skate, a pink skateboard and a pink and purple basketball. NO BABY DOLLS!! She's only 4!! So, I went the day the sale started and got all 3 of those things. At least I have those things that I know she said she really wanted. Logan wants a bike, Cory and Cody want one of those e-readers and Lucas wants some video games to go with his wii. So, if I can pick up these things then maybe they'll be happy. I just want to get to where we were before. I hate this! If I were to go and get a job then I have to worry about getting the kids to and from school because they are out of district (the school that is in our district is HORRIBLE-they went there last year and we vowed not to put them back in there!) Then there's Mary-Grace she won't get to start school even this coming up year because of the cut off of Oct 1-her b-day is Oct 19. So she will wait another year to start. I wouldn't make very much money at all. I would be paying out more for a sitter than I would be making!! Plus the cost of me not having time to cook decent meals etc. You never know the shift and all the gas from running all over. Oh, I've gone on enough. Sorry. Sharon-I'm fine. LOL!! Need to work on my blocks and I will try and get a picture posted here in a little bit. Hugs to all.

Last edited by AngieS; 12-14-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Power Poster

Angie {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I totally understand what you are saying . Can you file for unemployment ? it may not be much - but every little bit helps. I haven't put a tree up in years and last year with not working, we ( the boys and I ) didn't exchange gifts and won't again this year, just no money But we are adults and understand these things , but you with the kids - that makes it really tough.

My brother and his wife figured it out when they had kids - that if she worked they would be in the hole after child care, her work clothes, higher tax bracket, etc... so she stayed home and it all worked out.

The cold and no sun, being inside all the time are my undoing ....
Old 12-15-2011, 09:22 AM

Default 8 so far

As promised together- here are the eight I have received so far. The top left is the newest arrival by Crafty.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]295578[/ATTACH]
I am going crazy getting ready for Christmas and company coming. As with many of you, this will be a smaller Christmas for us than usual. But the family will be together and everyone is healthy. I am looking forward to 2012 and receiving the rest of the blocks in the new year. Happy Holidays to all.
Attached Thumbnails 8-received.jpg  
Old 12-15-2011, 05:23 PM

Hi everyone,
Just popping in to see how you are all doing. I am so happy to see the progress you all are making.
have had quite the run from my husbands grandmother passing away to my mom being in the hospital to me going for surgery in January. I am ready for that silver lining now lol
I am not sure if I will be hosting the Boomerang swap after this one is done. I feel like I am loosing touch with you all because of life. I do not like to let anyone down and that is all I have done lately. I tried to help in another swap and have had the hardest time finding the rows and now the owner is upset (which I understand but I did not do this with the intention of this happening) Such is life I guess. Time for me to admit life has won out over my "upbeat" attitude.
Huge Hugs
April
Old 12-20-2011, 05:29 PM

I know Christmas can be a real challenge for many. We do live in a material world. I was one of those tired single mothers, putting 3 kids thru college. Now I am retired, the kids are basically on their own, and my baby girl (23) is taking me to Paris! I understand there is a quilt shop near Notre Dame Cathedral . Tres fantastic!
Old 12-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Power Poster

Dot- how awesome for you !!!! be sure and take pics to share with us Terri was just there for a day maybe she can tell you if she found one - have a blast , you sure earned it
Old 12-21-2011, 05:27 AM

April I so know what you mean about life getting you. Seems like there is less and less time to do anything. Dot that is TERRIFIC!!!!!! OH Have FUNNNNNN!!! Kudos to your daughter for taking you. How Sweet!!