Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 6.0 Summer Group >

Boomerang 6.0 Summer Group

Boomerang 6.0 Summer Group

Old 03-02-2012, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
Linda- Glad you got my block- lets give it a bit more time before you do another one I love it and hope it shows up soon

Sharon, I'm beginning to think you need a new mail person! lol Better check, maybe they are a quilter too and keeping the squishies for themselves. just kidding
Old 03-03-2012, 07:10 AM
Power Poster

You and me both ! I use to know what the problem was , but circumstances have changed so I thought the problem was fixed... guess not
Old 03-03-2012, 07:55 AM

Linda- Glad you got my block- lets give it a bit more time before you do another one I love it and hope it shows up soon
Hi Sharon
I've made another block for you. Didn't have enough of your fabric left to make the same block so I've had to make a hodge podge (that's the name I used for using up any leftovers) block with the pieces I could find. I'll put it in the post to you on Monday and hopefully you should get it. If you are lucky you might get the two of them and use the extra to make a cushion cover or on the back of your quilt.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Power Poster

Linda- Thank You but you didn't have to ... gosh I feel so bad that 2 of my blocks have went AWOL and that new ones are being sent to replace what was out of your control .....
Old 03-04-2012, 07:34 AM

Linda- Thank You but you didn't have to ... gosh I feel so bad that 2 of my blocks have went AWOL and that new ones are being sent to replace what was out of your control .....
What are friends for!!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:38 AM

Sharon, really I don't mind, you might not say that when you get the block and see what I made
Old 03-04-2012, 01:46 PM

I learned something new today while working on my boom quilt.... If the boom blocks are all made with fabric that has been washed and dried.... BE SURE to wash and dry fabric for any additional blocks you make! Geesh! I normally don't wash fabric and I was so excited to get this started I didn't even think
about washing the additional blocks I am adding. DUH! I had 8 blocks made when something hit me on the head like a brick! The "OH NO" thought. So I got them washed and dried and they lost about a 1/4". I still have more of those blocks to make so I am thinking I need to make them first and then wash the block afterwards. That way hopefully of those blocks will shrink the same. If needed I can add a border around each block if needed. I just wash my sashing fabric and gonna wash the borders and backing before cutting!
Here is a partial layout. I still have 6 more boom blocks and I need to make more of the others.
Thanks Y'all for such great blocks. I am gonna love this quilt! I already do!
The lighting isn't even on this pic. My design wall is in the hallway.
Attached Thumbnails layout-3.jpg  
Old 03-04-2012, 01:51 PM

love this quilt!
Old 03-07-2012, 04:02 PM

Very beautiful!!!
Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
I learned something new today while working on my boom quilt.... If the boom blocks are all made with fabric that has been washed and dried.... BE SURE to wash and dry fabric for any additional blocks you make! Geesh! I normally don't wash fabric and I was so excited to get this started I didn't even think
about washing the additional blocks I am adding. DUH! I had 8 blocks made when something hit me on the head like a brick! The "OH NO" thought. So I got them washed and dried and they lost about a 1/4". I still have more of those blocks to make so I am thinking I need to make them first and then wash the block afterwards. That way hopefully of those blocks will shrink the same. If needed I can add a border around each block if needed. I just wash my sashing fabric and gonna wash the borders and backing before cutting!
Here is a partial layout. I still have 6 more boom blocks and I need to make more of the others.
Thanks Y'all for such great blocks. I am gonna love this quilt! I already do!
The lighting isn't even on this pic. My design wall is in the hallway.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:18 AM
Power Poster

I am so embarrassed my second block from Linda came Monday in the mail- will post pic tonight after I get home - I LOVE it and Thank You for making a second one Still no sign of the first one , hope the mail people can find fabric to match it......