Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36 37 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang 6.0 Winter Group

Quote Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
    Am I the only one thats thinking everyone has run off the board? I use to love to get on here and see what the chatter was, see pictures people were posting, connect with friends but now its like no one is on anymore. Have only received 8 finished grown up blocks so far and dont see many posts from people that have received any either. I MISS YOU GUYS
    I know what you mean...I'm slowly getting mine out--a couple a week it seems like.

This time of the year is so hectic maybe that is one of the reasons there's less chatter.

I really liked seeing all the other blocks ... it helped give me ideas too so they'd blend better if I was stuck on a design. From glancing at the other threads for this boom, I don't see much more action there either so it's not just "us".
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16

Quote Originally Posted by alikat110 View Post
    On dec 2-4, my sisters & i are having a sew in....I plan on working on blocks during this time.....please be patient with me.... got 70 total to do, so not sure how many will be done, but I should be able to make a dent in that #
    My sister thinks "sewing" is a bad word to be done only when absolutely necessary...you are so lucky to have some one to sew with. I'm sure you'll get a bunch done but mostly have a great time with them.
    Lisa L.

I got one of my f8's back unused ...hopefully I didn't confuse others with my note.

I asked to try and use the colors in the f8 and not use clashing patterns. I was thinking that would leave the whole palette of creams, light tans, browns, light greens, olively greens, light blues, light yellows and whites....I just didn't want another "pattern/stripes" to clash with it as I was wanting a more subdued looking top.

I'm sorry if this seemed too limiting -- that isn't what was meant.

If you have any concerns, please let me know. I'm sure I'll be thrilled with any block you make and send to me.

I know I didn't see someone's note until after I had already cut the fabrics and made the block...the note had been stuck to the flap of the envelope and it didn't come out until I went to gather all the "finished" stuff from my baggie so I know I didn't "follow" their request and for that I'm sorry, but it did turn out cool (hope they think so too )
    Lisa L.

Hello Everyone,
    Sorry I have not been on in awhile, I have been so busy. We are moving on November 28th, I have our mail forwarded to the new address for a year so hopefully nothing gets lost.

I have not worked on any blocks yet, I will try too this weekend and hopefully next week. Sorry!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Aully View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    Sorry I have not been on in awhile, I have been so busy. We are moving on November 28th, I have our mail forwarded to the new address for a year so hopefully nothing gets lost.

I have not worked on any blocks yet, I will try too this weekend and hopefully next week. Sorry!

Thanks!
    No hurry on mine for awhile...get situated from your move this month and keep it all together.

You might wish to send your new address to April and she can email it to everyone that hasn't sent your block so you don't have to have your blocks forwarded around...just a thought.

Good luck in your move.
    Lisa L.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
    My sister thinks "sewing" is a bad word to be done only when absolutely necessary...you are so lucky to have some one to sew with. I'm sure you'll get a bunch done but mostly have a great time with them.
    Yes, we are all excited about it!!!!

Blog Entries
    I know what you mean. I keep needing to post an update but..... *cough* I sorta lost the charger to my camera battery and have been going through my sewing room in search. Havn't found it yet lol hopefully soon, but on the bright side my rooms all clean once again!! I have received a few blocks in the mail I havn't checked them all but there is one stunner that I just keep ogling! It has a butterfly embroidered in the center of it, I love it. No offence to anyone else I have honestly loved every block I have received and thank you to all the wonderful quilters in this swap for doing such an amazing job. I'll post picks and a list once I have things found and fixed up Happy quilting everyone. Hopefully we get some people back on here soon. Then switch over seems to have stalled things a bit.
    http://babyfire04.blogspot.com/
    If it makes you happy, it's worth the time!

Blog Entries
    Yes, I feel that way too, infact I'm a little lonely, I've always looked forward to looking and saying OH I want to try that and now no one post or talks much any more...But then again it is getting closer to the Holidays and I'm hoping that's the reason of the lack of!

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
    Am I the only one thats thinking everyone has run off the board? I use to love to get on here and see what the chatter was, see pictures people were posting, connect with friends but now its like no one is on anymore. Have only received 8 finished grown up blocks so far and dont see many posts from people that have received any either. I MISS YOU GUYS
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥`..♥ Donna♥`..♥

Happy Quilting!

Blog Entries
    Just ignore this post, I thought I had made a mistake, but found out I didn't...

Donna
    Last edited by Lv2sew2011; 11-19-2011 at 07:20 PM.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)

Happy Quilting!

Smile update

I've been working on the block, have a dozen cut and ready to sew, the problem, sewing time! My mom's in a cleaning kick (my grandma died in July and my dad and his siblings-14 in all-are going through her house, very slowly since they meet a couple of times a month. So now we're trying to incorporate her stuff into the house which means rearranging a LOT of stuff. We're currently debating the organization of our familyroom-were I have temporarily set up my sewing area and the computer area as well as our TV watching area-which means if all goes well I'm hoping to have the blocks done and my few Christmas projects done before Christmas, but then that my all be in my dreams! So wish me luck, I might just end up under an avalanche of stuff
    Quilters have the best sense of humor, we keep everyone in stitches

Blog Entries
    moonwork this is the second boom swap that i have participated in and this time around i received so many notes in a couple of f8's that i too was tempted to send them back. instead i sent a pm asking the sender to clarify what they wanted. i do understand why there is a need to clarify what is wanted or not wanted in the finished blocks, but i am finding that it can become a challenge when i receive a mini booklet of instructions to prepare a block (not saying this is what you did). maybe the person who returned your f8 was comfounded by the included notes & just needs some clarification.

either way good luck with the rest of your boom swap.

I got one of my f8's back unused ...hopefully I didn't confuse others with my note.

I asked to try and use the colors in the f8 and not use clashing patterns. I was thinking that would leave the whole palette of creams, light tans, browns, light greens, olively greens, light blues, light yellows and whites....I just didn't want another "pattern/stripes" to clash with it as I was wanting a more subdued looking top.

I'm sorry if this seemed too limiting -- that isn't what was meant.

If you have any concerns, please let me know. I'm sure I'll be thrilled with any block you make and send to me.

I know I didn't see someone's note until after I had already cut the fabrics and made the block...the note had been stuck to the flap of the envelope and it didn't come out until I went to gather all the "finished" stuff from my baggie so I know I didn't "follow" their request and for that I'm sorry, but it did turn out cool (hope they think so too )

I myself love the notes...it gives me some guidance as to what they are wishing to have in their top...with that said (well typed anyway) the maker is free to make the block of their desires.

To me, April makes it clear this is a friendship swap and the maker has full control of what they make of any f8. The notes are a jump-off for me and I try to honor what someone asks for. But... as we all have done, sometimes that isn't possible but I sure hope the receiver likes whatever I've sent.

I have loved all the blocks I have received in the other boom and in this boom too. It's the thrill of the squishy in the mail that has me wishing the mail came twice a day .
    Lisa L.

Quote Originally Posted by wendsy View Post
    I've been working on the block, have a dozen cut and ready to sew, the problem, sewing time! My mom's in a cleaning kick (my grandma died in July and my dad and his siblings-14 in all-are going through her house, very slowly since they meet a couple of times a month. So now we're trying to incorporate her stuff into the house which means rearranging a LOT of stuff. We're currently debating the organization of our familyroom-were I have temporarily set up my sewing area and the computer area as well as our TV watching area-which means if all goes well I'm hoping to have the blocks done and my few Christmas projects done before Christmas, but then that my all be in my dreams! So wish me luck, I might just end up under an avalanche of stuff

Phew...the first couple sentences really had me worried...blocks cut and mom in cleaning mode...(shivers)...I could only imagine the worst. I'm sorry you lost your grandma so recently.

Good luck to you!
    Lisa L.

Blog Entries
    I love recieving notes to guide me along. It makes some decisions a lot easier, especially where this was my first swap. I love it and don't want it to end. I am in hopes to get into another as soon as I am done with this one.
    2 blocks going out tomorrow to:
    babyfire04
    oatw13

I haven't recieved any blocks in a couple weeks, so I am assuming everyone is busy with the holidays and that is understandable. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Blog Entries
    I've tried my best to do what everyone wanted, on some I had to go buy fabric and then that was a challage itself because I couldn't find the colors exactly to what I was looking for and just had to wing it with what they had. Do to back problems I just can't go from shop to shop looking, there was one block that just didn't come out the way I was hoping and I sent a note back with a FQ saying I was sorry I messed up her fabric but I didn't know what else to do....I was using embroidery design and it was off in size and I just couldn't get the design that I wanted to work, I still sent out the block with the extra FQ...

Donna

I myself love the notes...it gives me some guidance as to what they are wishing to have in their top...with that said (well typed anyway) the maker is free to make the block of their desires.

To me, April makes it clear this is a friendship swap and the maker has full control of what they make of any f8. The notes are a jump-off for me and I try to honor what someone asks for. But... as we all have done, sometimes that isn't possible but I sure hope the receiver likes whatever I've sent.

I have loved all the blocks I have received in the other boom and in this boom too. It's the thrill of the squishy in the mail that has me wishing the mail came twice a day .
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)

Happy Quilting!

I'm still around, but haven't had any updates to post. The mail lady hasn't brought any squishies in quite awhile (over 2 weeks).

Looking at my list, I've received everyone's F8, and have mailed back all the finished blocks.

I've received 19 completed blocks back so far, which is a little over half, and have posted pics of all of them in the thread as well as on my Photobucket page (link in sig line).
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Blog Entries
    thanks for the good suggestions to my keyboard problem! my dh is a computer geek, took the keyboard off and blew some canned air thru. all better! phew, i was worried about never being able to talk again! i missed being on the board sooo much! all better now!
    speaking of missing things-- i haven't had a squishy in a loooong time! i only have nine, and i want mooore! i have one project left to finish and then i will devote full time to getting blocks out! happy thanksgiving to all and to those of you travelling, a safe trip!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Hopefully I will make some people happy. I am sending blocks to the following today:
    CyndiH
    jeyjami
    Kathy N
    marcialee
    missgigglewings
    NanaKathy55
    Peggerss
    shaysmema

Lookie what I got from missgigglewings today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Miss Gigglewings, I got your wonderful block today, thank you so much, Donna, it is great. I still cannot post pictures so if you can do so, I would apreciate it. Thanks.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    got this beautiful block today from Missgigglwings. Its so pretty, fits right in with the other purples Ive received. This makes 11 Ive received so far, leaves 24 to go. I almost go thru withdrawal when I go to the mail box and theres nothing there. Glad everyone seems to have their F8's out and a lot of you seem to have them finished and on their way home! Im looking forward to the next swap! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

Beautiful block received from Kathy N - Thank you - I love it . xx
    Lindsay

I received a beautiful Custer Star from MissGiggleWings, will post pics later.
    Quilters have the best sense of humor, we keep everyone in stitches

Blog Entries
    Thanks Missgigglewings for my block - got it Monday! My kids love your board name.

Moonrise - I know, I am itching to do some sewing - maybe I'll skip Black Friday and concentrate on blocks. I have some great patterns printed and ready to use! Can't wait.

Blog Entries
    I received 3 great blocks today! thank you ladies I love them all...
    From Nancia
    Name:  Img_0464.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  100.3 KB
    From Missgigglewings
    Name:  Img_0465.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  75.8 KB
    From Paintmejudy
    Name:  Img_0466.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  73.2 KB
    Last edited by Lv2sew2011; 11-22-2011 at 09:53 PM.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)

Happy Quilting!

Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36 37 46 ... LastLast