Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang 7.0-EARTH Group

we got our share of snow here in Northern Nevada too. about time!!
    I got f8 from Dahna, dotty, yayaquilts, and crqltr (barely- that one just about got eaten on the way!)
    My f8s are cut -- and folded, but I'm out of envelopes - someone decided to make puppets out of them so tomorrow I will grab some more and off they go
    Shannon

I got f8's from Difergie,dotcomdtcm,maggiebb,oma7,and scrapper. Made the blocks and sending out tomorrow.

Boy some of you are really fast. I can't even start on my blocks until I get back to CAl in May. My son let me know that 5 squisshy's came in the mail from dugas31, crqltr, dahna42, dotcomdtcm, and yayaquilts. Looking forward to going home in May to see them. I got the material that I am sending out from downunder. It is not what I originally wanted because so far I haven't been able to find it. So I picked something else. Will be washing and then cutting up the material tomorrow. Then on Thursday, will be mailing them out.

Barb
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

I have a thought here. I am going to write on my envelope to hand stamp and see if that works. I know that they do have to hand stamp some packages that don't go through the machines. Have any of you tried that yet. I want all my squishies to make it up to America and Canada without getting lost like the socks in the washing machine. I am also putting them in a plastic baggie with my name and address on them. Hoping this works out. tomorrow it might rain and in Australia most people dry clothes on the line or drying racks so we'll see what tomorrow brings. Seeing that I paid lots of money for my fabric, I am hoping it won't get lost. Hmmmm wondering what the cost will be to mail it from here? LOL.

Barb
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
    We have pink trees in NYC so enjoy your snow! I don't want any buds to freeze. There's always next October!
    That was a crazy storm wasn't it??
    Hugs
    April

I also have about 8" of snow from this last week-end. I'm just a few miles outside of Yosemite National Park. It's about time, we've had a very dry winter so far.
    Rec'd sqishies from marytoddliz, dahna42, crqltr and yayaquilts. Nice fabric from everyone. Will be fun to pick patterns and matching fabrics.
    Shelley

I received my first finished block from Roe, and it is beautiful. I also received F8's from Roe and Ljdugas

I've found if you go to the counter at the PO and verify postage cost there aren't problems with postage.

Can't believe how many of you are "speedy gonzales!!" Since not at home I don't know what has arrived--I am excited to see how many are with our mail once home on the 27th!

PS dahna42: don't forget to post pictures of the finished blocks you received back (or anyone else!! It's so fun to see what others do with our fabrics!!)
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Just got back from seeing my daughter.. Its a boy!....Everyone is very excited since they already have 2 girls.. I had a fun surprise in my mail today.. 6 envelopes with F8 from Carol, Donna, Dotty, Shelley, Marybeth & Karen ( I'm using first names because it is easier to type that board names) Looking forward to making blocks :0

just trying to figure out how this all works.. when I realized that i only have 5 posts.........and everyone else have soooo many.. oh well I guess I have to get going but I'd better get back to work. Oh to be retired.......Love u K

Blog Entries
    Wow a Boy, That is awesome. Congrats, now get out that blue fabric for his very first quilt!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

LOL lynnquilts. I just joined in Nov 2011 so I dont have a lot of posts either. Don't worry they will add up. Happy to hear about the boy. It is nice to have at least one of each.

Blog Entries
    I sent my blocks out and one came back..I sent it to Theresa Kehoe. Sticker the p o put on it says return to sender, no main receptacle, unable to forward..not sure what to do now. Has any one had theirs returned?

got fabric from phannie1,and sapdoggie Great colors

I received my second finished block from dotcom today and sent her finished one out today. i also receive 2 F8's from marcialee (does that mean I do 2 for her) I mailed Roe's finished block today. this is a busy time. I have 4 blocks to do today. Yeah..... I will post pictures soon.

COngrats on the baby boy
    You all are moving along nicely-great job!
    Hugs
    April

Blog Entries
    You might want to send her a PM to make sure the address is correct. I had a block of mine returned, it was a weird fluke, new mail person on the job. If you do find out her address is different make sure you let April know, so she can pass on the word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crqltr View Post
    I sent my blocks out and one came back..I sent it to Theresa Kehoe. Sticker the p o put on it says return to sender, no main receptacle, unable to forward..not sure what to do now. Has any one had theirs returned?

I sent my F8's out yesterday and have received five so far. I am going to Vegas next week when I get back I will start on the blocks. There is about five inches of snow out there this morning and everything is closed. This is suppose to be spring!

Send this info to April!!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

She has and I am awaiting verification from Theresa Thanks everyone.
    Hugs
    April

Hi everyone.... Please resend if you get them returned... When I moved into my home this past winter - there was no mailbox, but my post office has instructions to put my mail in my PO Box. I called the postmaster at my post office and she will look into it and make sure nothing else gets returned.
    I got fabric.... Now I need time .
    Theresa

It's like christmas going to the mailbox. I received Gayles F8 today. Spent last night looking through my stash and choosing what to do .. Have to wait until tonight to start.. Work really gets in the way, luckily I work out of my house but it makes it really hard not to go to my sewing room.

Blog Entries
    I hit the Jackpot today! !3 Squishes total... For Earth group I received birdlady, hoppyfrog, ljdugas31, lynnquilts, marcialee and Roe.

I have some sewing to do!

Three F8ths arrived today from birdlady, lynnquilts and dotcomdtcm. Dorothy, your envelope came with 20 cents postage due. Not a big deal for me. Did you have them checked at the PO?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dahna42 View Post
    I received my second finished block from dotcom today and sent her finished one out today. i also receive 2 F8's from marcialee (does that mean I do 2 for her) I mailed Roe's finished block today. this is a busy time. I have 4 blocks to do today. Yeah..... I will post pictures soon.

was both the F8ths the same??? If so, you only need to make me one and keep the extra for your stash. My error. If you are in water and earth, and have 2 different fabrics then yes you need to make both
    Marcialee

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast