Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang 7.0-EARTH Group

Last Boom I returned the fabric that was left over from the f8, but I didn't get any(not complaining BTW-just saying). What's the consensus of this group? Do you want your leftover fabric back with your finished block? Postage for returning the finished blocks home with their leftover fabric was $.85 in US if I remember correctly.

On another note, Happy National Quilting Day and Happy St Patrick's Day!! I'm bummed I can be quilting today-but I don't have my machine with me. Maybe next year!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

You can keep my scraps,but i will send back yours if you want.

Thanks Linda! I will whip out my handy spreadsheet & put NS by your name. Please put S by mine. I think I needs the scraps. Cheers~
    Dotty in NYC

hey there, we have begun. I received two fabrics so far today.....dotcomdtem and marytoddliz....I will get working on them this weekend. Expect to see your squares next week.

Question...should we send all scraps back to original sender?

My suggestion is to ask the sender. I'd like mine & I'll send yours. I just made your block, dahna 42, and there is a decent amount left to return to you! Dotty
    Dotty in NYC

I got my 1st f8th yesterday from marybeth. Been a crazy few days - my own choice - but still haven't gotten anything productive done. I've been driving 70 miles back and forth to where hubby is working, then home so the kids can get to school. So the goal for the weekend is to get the house cleaned up, my f8s cut and ready to go out by monday, and make some more progress on the bargello I'm working on. Between that I need to bake a bday cake and get some snuggle time with hubby - so the house probably wont get touched but oh well there's always next week, right?
    As far as scraps, I bought extra - so if you want to send them back OK - but if not OK

Blog Entries
    I received squishies today! I received from crqltr and I received on mystery F8 It is blue background with Trucks and cars and planes and trains and a few hearts and stars... I love a good mystery!

Does any one know why this belongs to?

Since it is a story rainy yucky day I think I will stay in and sew!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

I think the trains & trucks is from dahna42/Donna
    Dotty in NYC

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah and my leftover fabric, send them back if you wish if not keep them. I think that last time April said it was up to the block maker. I didn't because I don't remember any one asking and I wanted to make a scrap quilt out of all the scraps I had left over, but I will send any back that are requested. I like your idea about making another column and put a s/ns.

I have a leprechaun in my key board today! many mistakes, but I think it is a good thing as I have to think before I post!

Happy St Patrick's Day~

Blog Entries
    Thanks Dotty, good to know... I just love the fabric I have received so far very beautiful!

Blog Entries
    Dotty, I love your Roses I think I am going to do a fussy cut for you, then I will have more to send back, plus I have some fabric that will go so nicely with it.

I did forget to ask you Dotty is this fabric for this group or the Wind group, or does it matter to you? I alway forget to put which group I send when I have more than one group, something to note for next time!

Now I am going to shut this computer down and fire up old Bess, my sewing machine.

have a super wonderful day~

So happy to see you all having a good time.
    As far as the scraps o we usually do not send them home unless the original owner of the f8 specifically asks for them back
    Have fun
    Hugs
    April

I received four squishes in the mail today. You all are fast! I still have to wash my fabric, make the envelopes, etc. I did just get back from two weeks in Hawaii with my daughter and four grandkids. Her husband is deployed and she had some minor surgery, so I went to help out. I came home to REST. I was busy from the time I got up until evening.

Of those four received today, one did not have a return address or note inside. I couldnot tell from the postmark either. The fabric is a blue background with small trucks, cars, definately a kids print. Please respond via email if it is yours.

This is going to be fun. I have been scanning books and on-line for blocks to make.
    Diane

BE vewy vewy quiet...I'm hunting squishies. LOL
    Hugs
    April

My fabric has a blue background with trucks and cars etc. It must be mine. Wasn't there a return address?

Quote Originally Posted by dahna42 View Post
    My fabric has a blue background with trucks and cars etc. It must be mine. Wasn't there a return address?

The envelope that arrived at my house was not in the greatest shape, but luckily it was not as mangled as others might have received. I am sure to put plastic or saran wrap around mine and to include label on inside when mine go out early next week.

On another note, I've already started on the block for you and will probably send it with fabric I am sending to you. The hardest part was deciding on which block to make.
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Donna - Your envelope did not have a return address on it. I sent you a PM earlier today. Good to know it belongs to you.

Diane
    Eugene, OR

Mailing out my F8's today. Had a busy weekend (We do Home and Garden Shows for our business) and then I'm on my way to Sacramento to visit my daughter who is having an ultra sound to find our the sex of her 3rd baby. They are hoping for a boy...She has 2 adorable little girls so we'll see. (Yaya..I'll call you when I find out) so back to work so I can get to the post office.

Blog Entries
    I am heading to the PO with two grown ups heading home: dahna42, and crqltr. It will be an adventure as the whole town is beautiful with about 7 or 8 inches of snow! But it is sunny and bright, but very cold!

Don't worry the PO is only about 6 blocks away and I love taking a walk in the snow~

happy sewing~

Snow in California but not in NY Something very wrong with that! I miss my snow...sigh. Safe travels Marybeth!
    Hugs
    April

We have pink trees in NYC so enjoy your snow! I don't want any buds to freeze. There's always next October!
    Dotty in NYC

I received F8's from yayaquilts and crqltr today.

I do not needs my scraps back.

Quote Originally Posted by dahna42 View Post
    Question...should we send all scraps back to original sender?

Blog Entries
    I received squishes from Yayaquilter and dotcomdtcm, the one I received today is the fruity one. The rose one is already headed back home!

I am adding some of my own "fruit" to it and will have it back in the mail tomorrow. (well that is my plan at least)

Believe it or not we get a lot of snow in California, well where I live we do. I live in the Mountains of So Cal at 4800 ft. It is really beautiful here on a clear day you can see all the way to the ocean. Problem is there are not that many clear days. When you look out over the edge of the crest you see where the smog begins. We don't like going down into it unless it is necessary, or shopping for fabric. :+) Northern Calif gets a lot of snow too,My Sister lives there. The Sierra Mtns. Travels almost the whole length of the State.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast