Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread >

Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 04:27 PM

I am trying to do a different block with each one this time. Last time, I admit to doing a few favorite blocks over and over.

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post

Curious Question - do you all make alot of the same block? Do you find different pattern for each material?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:30 PM

Received fabric today from: NanaKathy55, TwinRiversFarms, Elisabrat, urGodschild2, travelinggramma, RoseIrish48, Daha42, TheMamaHauser, oldcatlady.
Thanks ladies, hope you like what I make.
Country1
Old 02-04-2013, 04:42 PM

rec;d five more fabrics. completed three blocks so far and posted in albun if you wish to peek.. Finished Abby's Mom,Jaba, and TheMamaHauser blocks. have pattens picked out for two more blocks.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:38 PM

Between Saturday and today, I've received f8s from: Abby's Mom, dahna42. Elizabrat, jaba, joanelizabay, Lestrong501, ljdugas31, LovingIzabella, Moonrise, moonwork42029, NanaKathy55, oldcatlady, TheMamaHauser, Tracibug,and urgod'schil.

I almost always make my blocks different from each other, or I choose a technique that I want to improve in, and by the end of the swap, I'm really good at doing it. I like to challenge myself.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:11 PM

Wowsers! 12 squishies waiting for me ... neatly in a row with Dad circling the table while I did the "just walked in the door potty run".

Deep breath -- here they are: (BTW, LOVE all the notes...it makes it so much simpler to me)

ROSEIRISH48 -- Dad said it was a chain or rainbow hotdogs...lol
URGODSCHILD2 -- challenging - challenging
TWINRIVERSFARM
NANAKATHY55 -- Did you want "solids" or just use those colors?
THEMAMAHAUSER
TRAVELINGGRAMMA
OLDCATLADY -- Dad cackled at your "handle" -- said I'm surprised you didn't use something like that
LJDUGAS31
ABBY'SMOM
JABA -- Dad thought it looked like a field of wild flowers
JOANELIZBAY
LOVINGIZABELLA -- He hee and hawed when he saw the fabric -- even blushed when laughing -- loved the note too

moonrise -- did I tell you I got your f8 on Friday? Couldn't recall but better twice than none.

As far as blocks -- I have gone both ways where I made a lot of different ones but I think this time I am leaning towards one block I really like (and Dad likes it really well) to use for most of the fabrics. It all depends on what the requests are too.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:33 PM

[ Janet, is your fabric black or dark blue? Its hard to tell with my lighting! black ALWAYS challenges me! All are beautiful fabrics!! Has anyone else noticed theres not too much "green" fabric sent...or is it just my imagination, being NOT a green fan?[/QUOTE]

yes - a dark blue. i don't do blacks or greens very often. But I loved Nexxus blocks last swap which she sent out black and asked for bright bolds.
And I have the same problem with lighting too! What looks great in one room clashes when I move it to another!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:40 PM

Default update

Received lots of envelopes in the mail today, from this group twinriverfarms, joanlizbay, oldcatlady,lovingisabella,moonwork42029,roseirish, elizabrat,dahna42, and paperpiecreme. Going home tomorrow catgirl807 from Indian group and will mail tomorrow (not quite done yet) twinriverfarms. Received my very 1st block today from themamahauser, thank you so much. The colors are perfect love the softness of it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]393172[/ATTACH]For all of you to see. Thank you again Kelly, I love it!!
Attached Thumbnails dscf1078.jpg  
Old 02-04-2013, 06:46 PM

oh my mail box had squishies in it today, got from oldcatlady, so pretty fabric, urgodschild2-that woudl have been my chice as this fabric is busy but very pretty, ok no board name Macon GA, flag person, love the fabric, know what block i will make for you, Twinriversfarm, got yours also, and very pretty, elisabrat, love it, jsut love it, gotha covered, and aleigha is helping on yours ad couple of others, she just loves them, some are pretty, some are wahts next adn some are i wanna help, lol, roseirish4 really pretty, well i am not sure if i will do a different block for each but each will have the same TLC as the other one, and i will be creative and try my best to follow the boomers requests, and hope i do well, but in any case, so far can honor all requests none that hard, and I will have so much fun. hugs toall Hope
Old 02-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Power Poster

Okay....squishies recieved:

Moonrise
Moonwork42029
NanaKathy55
oldcatlady
RoseIrish48
TheMammaHauser
travelinggrandma
twinriversfarm
urgodschild2
Abby's Mom
dahna42
Elisabrat
Joanelizbay
ljdugas31

Haven't had a chance to oogle the fabric yet....cannot wait for the weekend!

Didn't get mine out as expected, but all in envelopes with at least a forever stamp on it. Will see what the post office says when I get there!!!!

Last edited by alikat110; 02-04-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Power Poster

Now, gonna try to post my fabrics.....

Well....pooh! I'll download them to my pc this weekend and post....my smart phone is smarter than I am.....don't know how to get it to do what I want it to do......10%!!!!!!!!