Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread >

Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Phannie1 View Post
I work in a Building Inspections Department and my boss had went up to Ringgold and determind if homes could be rebuild or beyond repair. He brought home pictures that was awfull and amazing at the same time. I still say a pray as I drive by on the interstate going to Chattanooga. I will try to let you know I am coming my next trip. We can meet at the Sew-Be-It. Phannie
I haven't made much attention to the news lately but I checked out your url and this was a tornado that happened several years ago or was this area hit with a tornado recently????????
Old 03-05-2013, 09:36 AM

Good Morning all, Dottie Dodge, your block is coming home today [ATTACH=CONFIG]399924[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails s.dodge.jpg  
Old 03-05-2013, 09:42 AM

I am waiting for girlscouts, mosher92, and Tracibug.

lovingizabell, your blocks are on the way also

[ATTACH=CONFIG]399925[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]399926[/ATTACH]

last but not least is babyfire
[ATTACH=CONFIG]399927[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails .burka.jpg   .burka-2.jpg   m.anderson.jpg  
Old 03-05-2013, 10:20 AM

Oh my gosh. What is the second block called? I LOOOOOOOVE it. I have the perfect fabrics to do a whole quilt with it.

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
Catching up from last week! DH took a couple of days off work, plus the weekend, for his birthday. We've been remodeling the kitchen, so I haven't been online much. I'll be glad when the kitchen's finished. It looks like an explosion happened in there!

Received F8's from: jaydee3 and dottiedodge.

Awaiting F8's from: girlscouts1, lovngrandma, Mosher92, Tracibug

Received two gorgeous blocks from jaydee3 and phannie1. Love them both!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]399788[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]399789[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the note, Anna! Both DH and I have lived in this area our entire lives. We didn't have any direct damage from the tornado. It really tore Ringgold up, though. We live about 3 miles from where it first touched down. We were lucky. I was on the phone with DH when it went over, and was looking out the front door. There was some CRAZY lightning and thunder going on, so I quickly moved into the hall. Even the air had an eerie, foreboding feel to it. I logged onto Facebook a few minutes after the crazy lightning stopped, and people were posting that downtown Ringgold was devastated from a tornado. It was almost dark when the tornado went through, but the photos started coming in early the next morning. The damage was unbelievable. Eight people were killed. It's a miracle there weren't more fatalities than there were, though. Here's a video someone made of the tornado passing over: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZSCo4PW0yk I saved all the pictures people posted on Facebook. I'll put them on a blog at some point.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:32 AM

Thank you everyone for the well wishes and prayers. They are much appreciated and welcomed. I am sure all will be wonderful on Thursday-I have a fabulous neurosurgeon!!!

WOW!! If you could do that with that fabric I can't wait to see what you do with the lingerie. Love my blocks and the colors in her outfit are so perfect. Thank you so very much!

I just wanted to post a quick reminder to please be careful when taking photos of blocks and uploading that they do not include anyone's name and address anywhere in the photo
Hugs
April

PS I know I owe an update I am just trying to pull everything together. I am taking classes right now so I am trying to get ahead on work so I don't fall behind. I did open my envelopes this weekend though and I have some AMAZING blocks and I absolutely LOVE them all! Thank you everyone. You all rise to the challenge of my fabrics lol

Last edited by LovingIzabella; 03-05-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:49 AM

Okay, you may NOT confuse me....who is french fry queen???? You are not on my list

If you talking about the square in a square with star points, it is called Noon Star

Lovingizabella, are my blocks coming up with names? I did file them that way, but didn't think they would upload that way, if so, I can change the way I do them, although I have already downloaded all but the last three I think.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:50 AM

Oh, forgot, lovingizabella, I don't gots the undywears...are you sending me some?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
I could swear I say that fabric when I was lurking in one of the other Booms. Are you in more than one Boom?

No, just in one boom. I will go lurk on other boom boards and see if I can see any pictures with this fabric. Thanks
Old 03-05-2013, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by jaydee3 View Post
Okay, you may NOT confuse me....who is french fry queen???? You are not on my list

If you talking about the square in a square with star points, it is called Noon Star

Lovingizabella, are my blocks coming up with names? I did file them that way, but didn't think they would upload that way, if so, I can change the way I do them, although I have already downloaded all but the last three I think.
"others" from anywhere on the site come and visit the boom links to get ideas and see all the wonderful blocks floating around. She's a regular on the board and seems to really like your block (for good reason ). Don't be surprised or confused at seeing "others" make comments as we often have stalkers.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:46 PM

POST OFFICE confusion or maybe a solution. Ok I had to go to the post office for international mailing. So the lady feels the envelop and says well it has fabric so it has to go as a package for over $6. I said no I don't think so, I have mailed these all along and it has never cost me that much. So the gal was real nice and asked the clerk next to her and she said no it goes with just the surcharge so it was only the regular price $1.10. So I asked her why is it different for every post office and even clerks????? She said it has to do with the machines. If the flimsy envelope with material in it does not go through the machine just right.....it cost more money. So they try to catch it before it screws up the machine I guess. Now the other day I got a grown up block from someone who put in a blank piece of thin cardboard with the square. No problem I asked my son about it and he gets mail with thin cards sent to him and they are always surrounded by thin pieces of cardboard so that they will go through the machines. So I am going to try this. I buy from teh comic store.........100 thin cardboard things that I use to wrap my material on to organize it on my book shelf. So I am going to try those and see if that works. Oh these things cost me $8.00/ 100. I was thinking that if it was sent out to others that you could collect them and reuse them on another one that you send out. Maybe that is the solution. ????