Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Besties Group-Besties Post Here (Those interested in Boom 5 please check page 108) >

Boomerang Besties Group-Besties Post Here (Those interested in Boom 5 please check page 108)

Boomerang Besties Group-Besties Post Here (Those interested in Boom 5 please check page 108)

Old 02-15-2011, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Carsey
Originally Posted by pattis47
It starts in June and runs thru April of next year. Everyone on the site seems very nice and helpful. There are tutes on it already, and they seem to encourage those of us with little to no machine applique experience to join and they will answer the questions and offer solutions. Here is the link for it. And best of all they are from all over the world, Spain, Australia, Scotland, etc

Originally Posted by PokerDiva
here is a link for an applique quilt.....think we should all do it
http://cherylquilts.com/affairs_of_the_heart.htm

My last block goes to Material girl today. Now what? Can't wait till the next one starts.
OMGosh!!!! That is beautiful.
Patti:

Here is the link for the Affairs of the Heart BOM here on the forum: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-95413-1.htm

It really is beautiful!!!
MOM!!!! I changed my mind, this is my next quilt :) That is beautiful, but I could never actually use it.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:29 AM

My last block goes to Material girl today. Now what? Can't wait till the next one starts.
OMGosh I am absolutely sure that I could never make any of those blocks but they are really beautiful.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by ksea

OMGosh I am absolutely sure that I could never make any of those blocks but they are really beautiful.
Although I would love to be able to do this quilt, I think it is way beyond my ability but I am sure anxious to see everyone elses blocks.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:38 AM

Received a beautiful block from Obsessed yesterday.

Sorry I couldn't post a picture but my camera is acting up.

Thank you sooo much Obsessed -- I love it.

rejenea
Old 02-16-2011, 04:30 PM

Receive a lovely block from Poker Diva yesterday, will post pictures later.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:48 AM

A grown-up block started its trip back to TwoSpoiledHuskies this morning!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:20 AM

Got a wonderful block in today's mail from Moonrise-love it very much! I am posting a picture of it as well as a beautiful block from PokerDiva I received a few days ago. Great work ladies :thumbup:

Cathedral Window from Moonrise
[ATTACH=CONFIG]128938[/ATTACH]

Rising Star from PokerDiva
[ATTACH=CONFIG]129108[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-128933.jpe   attachment-129103.jpe  
Old 02-17-2011, 09:30 AM

Hey gang,

I have been absent from the forum for a while but have been a busy bee with my blocks and checked in even when I didn't have time to comment a lot.

*Got all my F8s.
*Finished all my blocks. Sending out the last six today.
*I have received 23 blocks and they are all great, thanks ladies.
* Still waiting on 12 blocks. But not rushing anyone. I am busy with starting to quilt my first quilt from this swap. I separated the blocks by color and in my first quilt every block has some pink in it. I also have a lap quilt basted together for a friend in the nursing home and still have 5 blocks left waiting on their friends to arrive. So I should have enough to get 2 full size quilts and 2 lap quilts out of this swap. AIN'T THAT GREAT?

Want to apologize to those who got a block from me that wasn't perfect. I've quilted since I was a kid but had a gap there of about 3 years (college, work, kids, sick relatives) when I didn't even uncover my sewing machine. And I guess "if you don't use it, you lose it" applies to sewing skills too. Also want to thank everyone who worked so hard on my beautiful blocks. I loved absolutely every single one.

Again sorry I haven't been faithful to posting on here. I have two sisters and they both are fighting breast cancer. They live 4 hours away and I spend a lot of time on the road between here and there so I can spend as much time with them as possible. Annie is end-stage, she didn't find her breast lumps soon enough and even with a double mastectomy and a horrible bout with chemo,she has liver mets. Susan just had a double radical mastectomy but is more upset by watching Annie and knowing it is a preview of what is to come. They are both in their mid-forties. Also Annie has taken care of our mom for the last 10 years and now that has fallen to me, another reason for keeping the roads hot. You girls will never know how big a part this swap has played in keeping me sane.

I don't know a single one of you but I love you all...

Hugs,
Donna
Old 02-17-2011, 09:45 AM

Donna,

I am in the other half of this group but I just wanted to say

((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))

JulieT

Originally Posted by DonnaD
Hey gang,

I have been absent from the forum for a while but have been a busy bee with my blocks and checked in even when I didn't have time to comment a lot.

*Got all my F8s.
*Finished all my blocks. Sending out the last six today.
*I have received 23 blocks and they are all great, thanks ladies.
* Still waiting on 12 blocks. But not rushing anyone. I am busy with starting to quilt my first quilt from this swap. I separated the blocks by color and in my first quilt every block has some pink in it. I also have a lap quilt basted together for a friend in the nursing home and still have 5 blocks left waiting on their friends to arrive. So I should have enough to get 2 full size quilts and 2 lap quilts out of this swap. AIN'T THAT GREAT?

Want to apologize to those who got a block from me that wasn't perfect. I've quilted since I was a kid but had a gap there of about 3 years (college, work, kids, sick relatives) when I didn't even uncover my sewing machine. And I guess "if you don't use it, you lose it" applies to sewing skills too. Also want to thank everyone who worked so hard on my beautiful blocks. I loved absolutely every single one.

Again sorry I haven't been faithful to posting on here. I have two sisters and they both are fighting breast cancer. They live 4 hours away and I spend a lot of time on the road between here and there so I can spend as much time with them as possible. Annie is end-stage, she didn't find her breast lumps soon enough and even with a double mastectomy and a horrible bout with chemo,she has liver mets. Susan just had a double radical mastectomy but is more upset by watching Annie and knowing it is a preview of what is to come. They are both in their mid-forties. Also Annie has taken care of our mom for the last 10 years and now that has fallen to me, another reason for keeping the roads hot. You girls will never know how big a part this swap has played in keeping me sane.

I don't know a single one of you but I love you all...

Hugs,
Donna
Old 02-17-2011, 10:34 AM

Donna, my heart goes out to you and your family. I don't see how you've been able to accomplish any sewing with all that going on. I know everyone who reads you post will be thinking of you and your sisters. Hugs to all of you.