Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Besties Group-Besties Post Here (Those interested in Boom 5 please check page 108) >

Boomerang Besties Group-Besties Post Here (Those interested in Boom 5 please check page 108)

Boomerang Besties Group-Besties Post Here (Those interested in Boom 5 please check page 108)

Old 01-08-2011, 07:48 PM

I got 4 squishies today! :mrgreen:

Patti S.
fryguymoore/vivnme
twospoiledhuskies
oatw13

It'll be at least Monday before I can start on them (DH is off this weekend and I can't seem to get any sewing done while he's here! LOL!), but I can't wait to dig in! :thumbup:
Old 01-08-2011, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Roseysue
...Since this is my first time, I did not know how they would be packaged. I was surprised to find them in a simple #10 envelope then wrapped in plastic.
I was going to reinforce mine considerably more, but if that way is satisfactory, then I will be fine with me.
I'd like some feedback from all of you....
Boomerang 3.0 was my first Boomerang swap, and I thought the same thing ... that I really needed to package the fabric extra super duper well. So I bought some heavy duty gallon freezer bags, cut off the zippers, and taped the poor little F8's with 2" packing tape within an inch of their life. :lol: They all made it just fine, but after seeing everyone else's and the great condition in which they arrived, I saw that all the tape and heavy plastic weren't really necessary.

So this time I just used cheap zipperless baggies (cut in half) and went easy on the tape. :mrgreen:
Old 01-08-2011, 08:16 PM

My mailbox held more squishies today! From:
Fryguymoore
Oatw13
Poker Diva
Nice fabs! This is going to be a fun swap...my brain is swimming already!
Old 01-08-2011, 08:35 PM

Woo-hoo!! I got 6 squishies today!! I'm in both groups so I can tell already that this is going to requires some organization. I do have one that gave no screen name so could everyone please look and let me know if it is yours and tell me your screen name.
It is: Donna from MO
Old 01-08-2011, 09:15 PM

Could it be DonnaDrum <- screen name

Originally Posted by Qbee
Woo-hoo!! I got 6 squishies today!! I'm in both groups so I can tell already that this is going to requires some organization. I do have one that gave no screen name so could everyone please look and let me know if it is yours and tell me your screen name.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:45 PM

duh...yeah...that was so simple I missed it! LOL :D
Thanks SO much!!

Originally Posted by pattis47
Could it be DonnaDrum <- screen name

Old 01-08-2011, 10:50 PM

OOOPPPPPPPSSSSS Qbee, I'm sleepy and addressed my reply to Donna....it's really for you!!! (post is in reply mode like this on the other group page.) Be sure you look at the 'tip' I think it'll help with organizing this crazy swap! Take care! Chigger
Old 01-09-2011, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by ksea
Hi all, my poor little mailbox was just bursting with squishies today. I told DH we might have to move out of this apartment and into a house so I can have a bigger mailbox!!

Squishies were from fryguymoore, janecat, moonrise, obsessed, pattis47, pokerdiva.

moonrise and janecat does it matter which fabric goes to which swap (buddies or besties)?

Beautiful fabric ladies!!
Oops, I just saw this!

No, it doesn't matter to me which swap each fabric goes with. I've got 3 groups of F8's that I sent out randomly to both the Besties and the Buddies. :)

(I keep wanting to type Beasties - LOL! :lol: )
Old 01-09-2011, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore

<------------------ This is my son and what he made today :)

How is this related to this swap, you ask? Well......because he did this I got nothing done :)
He is adorable and I love what he made-tell him he did a FABULOUS job!!! (and it's okay to not get something done when we spend time with the wee ones lol)

Hugs
April
Old 01-09-2011, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise
(I keep wanting to type Beasties - LOL! :lol: )
Perhaps it would be easier if we were Beasties lol I did not think about how close the group names were....better planning for next go round lol
Hugs
April
PS Chigger love the new avatar!! Is that a deer you are petting??