Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Besties Group-Besties Post Here (Those interested in Boom 5 please check page 108) >

Boomerang Besties Group-Besties Post Here (Those interested in Boom 5 please check page 108)

Boomerang Besties Group-Besties Post Here (Those interested in Boom 5 please check page 108)

Old 05-24-2011, 07:04 AM

I too am still missing from Lillie and Qbee
Old 05-24-2011, 07:45 AM

received a beautiful butterfly block from Lillie, thank yo sew much :lol:
Old 05-24-2011, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Navarre2011
I still am missing from what my records show:
lillie
Qbee
materialgrl
please correct me with a pm and photo if this is not the case. Thank you for swapping!!!
I went through my stash and I have scraps left over from your fabric,and I have your customs declaration that I mailed your block on March 18 th,I don't think I took a picture,I will try and look tonight on the computer if I have a picture,I don't think I do.Would you like me to try and make another with what I have left?
Old 05-24-2011, 03:18 PM

Received a beautiful block from Lillie today. Thanks so much!
Old 05-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Banned

just curious...this swap ended on April 15th..now it more than a month later and people are still looking for their blocks..is this normal?

is the other boomerang group having these difficulties?

I am setting my blocks this weekend..any missing blocks at this point will just be left out..I have to book dates with my LAQer and there is NO leeway so it has to be at her studio on time..

hopefully the Sept swap will go better as I have an Oct 15th date with the quilter for that one as it is going to be a Christmas present!

My fabrics are going out on Friday..if not on Thurs...depends on how long the drive to TX is tomorrow!
Old 05-24-2011, 07:24 PM

Each of the Boomerangs I've been in there have been a few late blocks and a couple who didn't send at all-usually a few people send 2, it makes up the diffence, sometimes. Quite often with sashing you don't necessarily need all 35-mixing with plan blocks may expand the needed blocks if you find yourself in a time crunch. I know we all try to get the blocks in on time but sometimes life gets in the way of our good intentions.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:48 AM

I agree,I understand and I am so happy with the ones I have I am okay with what ever I get back
Old 05-25-2011, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
just curious...this swap ended on April 15th..now it more than a month later and people are still looking for their blocks..is this normal?

is the other boomerang group having these difficulties?

I am setting my blocks this weekend..any missing blocks at this point will just be left out..I have to book dates with my LAQer and there is NO leeway so it has to be at her studio on time..

hopefully the Sept swap will go better as I have an Oct 15th date with the quilter for that one as it is going to be a Christmas present!

My fabrics are going out on Friday..if not on Thurs...depends on how long the drive to TX is tomorrow!
All I can say is that as with every swap there are people who are early, those who are right on time, those who do not fulfill their commitment, their are people who have life issues and then there are people who are just a week or so late. Sadly it is something that happens no matter which swap it is you just see it more pronounced in this one since it is a direct mail swap.
One of the rules in the new swap was three weeks to mail F8s...that three weeks is up but you are mailing yours on Friday I am sure because life has been "in your way" No one is pressuring you to mail but this is just a prime example of what happens to each and every one of us. We all want to be perfect and on time but life is not perfect nor on time.
The friends we make and the blocks we make and receive are what make this swap fun. We learn as we go which swappers are in it to swap and which ones may not be...it is a process as is anything in life. With each Boomerang swap I honestly feel it becomes more and more fine tuned.
Will you have all 35 blocks back by your October 15th deadline? I cannot make that promise. All I can say is I know that those who joined have the best intentions and I would guestimate you will have a fair deal of them back in time.
Hugs
April
Old 05-28-2011, 09:14 AM

I received a block from Lillie.

from Lillie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]203451[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-203445.jpe  
Old 05-29-2011, 09:53 PM

Hello all! I'm sure ya'll thought I fell off the face of the earth or something but long story short, I've been really sick and in and out of hospital and it has taken me a tad longer to recover than I thought. Here is the post explaining all that: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-124682-1.htm
So......I have several blocks that just need to be mailed (they were already done before I got sick) and my DD is taking care of that for me on Tues or Wed. I hope to get the rest out very quickly and can't apologize enough for the added delay. IF YOU NEED TO GO TO THE TOP OF THE LIST please PM me.
Thanks everyone!!