Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang Buddies Group Buddies Post here :-)

seemingly in the land of infants & toddlers!
    Got my first F8 in the mail today! Woo-hoo!! :thumbup: This swap is just what I need to get over the blahs - those down-feeling days that come after being sick. Sunny days ahead!!
    lots of squishes in the mail filled w/beautiful fabrics! Life is good :-) YEA!! :thumbup:

KatieAnn wrote:[I got my first F8 today; it's from goldendog55. Very pretty fabric, but amazed it got here in one piece or even got here at all. And we don't live that far away from each other. I'm going to try to put pictures on here to show you what the PO did to it.]

I know, I got a few last swap that looked pretty much like that! :( What we have to remember is that our envies are going thro machines that only allow so much vertical space - so if they aren't 'squished' down real good, they're likely totear. (another good reason to wrap them in plastic first!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chigger Holler Quilter
    I'm so excited! I received 2 blocks in the mail today! Ladies if you would be sure to put your Group name AND your board name it will be easier to post whose F8s and blocks you receive! LOL Those of us in two groups might get just a little confused. LOL....now I'll go figure out the board names! Doing the Happy Dance....plus I have 22 ready to go out!
    Good idea! Unfortunately, mine are either gone or already sealed. In fact, while I did remember to put my name and board name inside each envelope, the note I intended to include is still sitting on the table. Oh well, it basically said I was happy to be in this swap and feel free to be creative with the fabric I've sent you.

Blog Entries
    Mine went out in the mail this morning. I was hoping there would be some in my mailbox, but I guess I'll have to wait till Monday now.

MarieM.

I have all but two envelopes stuffed and addressed I just need to run to the post office and get stamps (and of course cut two more F8's)

Katie Ann- Wow! I am so glad that my fabric had a name and plastic wrap around it. I'm surprised that it got sent to you, too! Was your address the only thing that was saved on my envelope to you?

At my little house, buried under a pile of fabric.
    WOW, that is something else. The postal service seems to be getting worse and worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    WOW, that is something else. The postal service seems to be getting worse and worse.
    Maybe if the jobs were going to more people & fewer machines...

I agree if we let more people work maybe it would not be so tough. I think we as a human race better be careful of the technology we create....
    Glad it arrived alive though!
    HUgs
    April

Quote Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    I agree if we let more people work maybe it would not be so tough. I think we as a human race better be careful of the technology we create....
    Glad it arrived alive though!
    HUgs
    April

Yep, I totally agree with you April and montanablu, we are creating our way right out of jobs...sad.

Wow, I will remember to put something inside from now on. At least I wrapped mine in plastic. I hope you all get them intact.

Quote Originally Posted by goldendog55
    Katie Ann- Wow! I am so glad that my fabric had a name and plastic wrap around it. I'm surprised that it got sent to you, too! Was your address the only thing that was saved on my envelope to you?
    Hi Goldendog55,
    The front of the envelope wasn't too bad; address clearly read. Just the sides were squished. But the back, as you can see, was wide open. Yes, good thing it was in plastic. I have started putting my blocks, etc., in the heavier mailing envelopes. It seems to be safer. I am so glad your envelope got to me even in the shape it was in. I've already cut out your block; it's ready to sew. I love that fabric.

Just a gentle reminder please do not post pictures of completed blocks before the recipient gets them in the mail-we all love the surprise of our blocks when they come home :-)
    Hugs (and yes we love to see them here too but let's keep the surprise :-))
    April

My mail box was just squishin' today! I recieved F8's from Sewwhat85 and Moonrise. I'm still trying to return blocks with my F8s if possible-so I guess I should apply my nose to the grindstone). I'll be mailing out late next week, depending on the weather.

I did finish cutting my pansy material and it went father than I thought it might, I have enough for almost all (luckily the fabric wider than newer pieces of late and the problem area of one was close to the cutting point that I didn't loose as much as I feared), and will be getting plentyof blocks back to make the size quilt I want so for the last 3 or 4 I'll be subbing Christmas fabric.

Blog Entries
    Hi all, received squishies in the mail today :lol: :lol: F8's were from moonrise, janecat, and anntherriean.

Beautiful fabrics, this is gonna be fun :D

i got my first squishy today Yea!!!it was from JaneCat thanks i will get to work on it on my next day off work I cant wait

Blog Entries
    I mailed the remainder of my F8s this morning and got fabric from AnnT and Sewwhat85. Looks like we will be creating some very colorful quilts this go round!

What a surprise when I went to the mailbox. Received f8 from Janecat and moonrise. There are great. I'm starting now.

my mail box was over flowing got F8 from anntherrian, jane cat, and moonrise. Beautiful fabric. Can't wait to start.

Oh isn't this soooo much fun!!!??
    Hugs
    April

Yeeeaaa :-) I recieved two squishies today from moonrise and Sewwhat85. Very beautiful fabrics...I can't wait to open them completely and get started :-) I have mine purchased and washed/ironed. I had hoped to get them mailed today, but I too get to enjoy being sick with so many others :-(

zI recieved my first squishie today! It is from Sewwhat85.

Teehee and I hear the whir of machines and peddles tap tapping on the floor...
    Hugs
    April

Blog Entries
    I received FIVE squishies today!! AnnTherrian, goldendog55, janecat, moonrise, and Sewwhat85. they are all beautiful fabric and such great variety! Some are already calling to me what to do with them :)

I mailed 12 more today: belladawn, bibliostone, Chigger Holler Quilter, Gigi07, Lillie, Ok Darla, Qbee, Sewwhat85, SuZI's, tealfalcon, Tink74, and Wendsy

The 7 a week thang wasn't going to cut it...lol. I wnat to get them off my cutting table..hahahah

I received my 1st F8 today and it is from moonrise. What a beautiful piece of fabric! I can't wait to get started. I have my fabric washed, but not ironed. I hope to start sending my F8's next week. Let the fun begin!

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast