Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 53 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 1392

Thread: Boomerang Buddies Group Buddies Post here :-)

  1. #51
    montanablu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    seemingly in the land of infants & toddlers!
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    Teehee and I hear the whir of machines and peddles tap tapping on the floor...
    Hugs
    April
    Yep, April -- I was one of those w/the whirring going on! ;-) Moonrise, your block is DONE! the 1st one (for me) of this swap - not sure what the significance of that is... :lol: :lol: Loved your fabric Moonrise - & your pic was a nice help in deciding what else to use. (Which means I did NOT use the lady bugs & leaping frogs that I was hoping to! Darn! :-( )
    Aren't we having fun?!? ;-) :lol: :lol:

  2. #52
    Super Member LovingIzabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,063
    Woohooo see I knew I heard whirring lol
    Hugs
    April

  3. #53
    Senior Member Gigi07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    680
    Blog Entries
    3
    I got my very first ever f8 today from Moonrise! I'm so excited to get started. Mine are all ready to go in the mail. Was trying to have them all ready before the post office closed. Didn't make it, so Monday if we can get off this hill "if" it snows. Keep warm all!

  4. #54
    Super Member moonrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northwest Georgia
    Posts
    2,990
    Quote Originally Posted by montanablu

    Yep, April -- I was one of those w/the whirring going on! ;-) Moonrise, your block is DONE! the 1st one (for me) of this swap - not sure what the significance of that is... :lol: :lol: Loved your fabric Moonrise - & your pic was a nice help in deciding what else to use. (Which means I did NOT use the lady bugs & leaping frogs that I was hoping to! Darn! :-( )
    Aren't we having fun?!? ;-) :lol: :lol:
    LOL! Sorry to throw you for a loop! :lol: ;)

  5. #55
    Super Member Chigger Holler Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sparta, Missouri
    Posts
    1,146
    Blog Entries
    5
    My first squishies from this group came in today...one lonely squishie from Sewwhat85!

  6. #56
    Super Member Qbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,162
    Woo-hoo!! I got 6 squishies today!! I'm in both groups so I can tell already that this is going to requires some organization. I do have one that gave no screen name so could everyone please look and let me know if it is yours and tell me your screen name.
    It is: Donna from MO

  7. #57
    montanablu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    seemingly in the land of infants & toddlers!
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by moonrise
    Quote Originally Posted by montanablu

    Yep, April -- I was one of those w/the whirring going on! ;-) Moonrise, your block is DONE! the 1st one (for me) of this swap - not sure what the significance of that is... :lol: :lol: Loved your fabric Moonrise - & your pic was a nice help in deciding what else to use. (Which means I did NOT use the lady bugs & leaping frogs that I was hoping to! Darn! :-( )
    Aren't we having fun?!? ;-) :lol: :lol:
    LOL! Sorry to throw you for a loop! :lol: ;)
    Not a loop exactly - but do you suppose anyone will send fabric that's just crying out for lady bugs, leaping frogs & oh, yea, I almost forgot the other one I want to use --- pink & purple cowboy boots w/plaid ponies romping in the background. Sounds cool, don't you think??! ;) he he :lol:

  8. #58
    Super Member Karen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    At my little house, buried under a pile of fabric.
    Posts
    2,648
    HEHEHE..pink and purple cowboy boots!! Sounds like a little girls quilt

  9. #59
    Super Member Chigger Holler Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sparta, Missouri
    Posts
    1,146
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Qbee
    Woo-hoo!! I got 6 squishies today!! I'm in both groups so I can tell already that this is going to requires some organization. I do have one that gave no screen name so could everyone please look and let me know if it is yours and tell me your screen name.
    It is: Donna from MO
    Donna, I read the best tip from another year. When you first get a F8, address an envelope to the sender that you'll use to send finished block back in. Slip fabs and tag (or return addy) inside envelope and keep it there til you work on it. Try to work on only one at a time. I think it'll help me! And...it is hard when senders don't put board names on! I'm in both groups too and it really helps if you put the group name as well. Besties and Buddies are way too close to the same to keep track of easily...maybe we can use opposites next time like North and South...etc....hint for you April! LOL Take care, ladies and have fun! I now have 35 envelopes stuffed and ready to go out as soon as I can get to PO....Hopefully Monday if we don't get too much snow! O..Donna I don't see pic of fabric! The board names as well as the actual names are on the spread sheets that April sent. I had to print them out to carry around with me...but am so glad to have those! Thanks, April! :) Getting a little more organized each day!

  10. #60
    Super Member moonrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northwest Georgia
    Posts
    2,990
    Quote Originally Posted by montanablu

    Not a loop exactly - but do you suppose anyone will send fabric that's just crying out for lady bugs, leaping frogs & oh, yea, I almost forgot the other one I want to use --- pink & purple cowboy boots w/plaid ponies romping in the background. Sounds cool, don't you think??! ;) he he :lol:
    LOL! Well, with 35 F8's coming in, there's bound to be a couple that could be paired with cowboy boots, ladybugs, frogs, and ponies! Maybe even all in the same block! :lol:

    Can't wait to see the grown-up block! I'm so excited! :thumbup:

    The weather folks are saying we could get 5-6" of snow on Monday. I love snow ... it's a rare treat here in Georgia ... but I don't want the mail carrier to be unable to bring more squishies for a day or two! Horrors! :shock:

  11. #61
    Super Member LovingIzabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by montanablu
    Quote Originally Posted by moonrise
    Quote Originally Posted by montanablu

    Yep, April -- I was one of those w/the whirring going on! ;-) Moonrise, your block is DONE! the 1st one (for me) of this swap - not sure what the significance of that is... :lol: :lol: Loved your fabric Moonrise - & your pic was a nice help in deciding what else to use. (Which means I did NOT use the lady bugs & leaping frogs that I was hoping to! Darn! :-( )
    Aren't we having fun?!? ;-) :lol: :lol:
    LOL! Sorry to throw you for a loop! :lol: ;)
    Not a loop exactly - but do you suppose anyone will send fabric that's just crying out for lady bugs, leaping frogs & oh, yea, I almost forgot the other one I want to use --- pink & purple cowboy boots w/plaid ponies romping in the background. Sounds cool, don't you think??! ;) he he :lol:
    LOLOL Those boots would have been perfect for Izzy but I am not in this group this time around :-( I am sure you WILL find a use for it...I have always found the groups to be pretty diverse in fabric tastes...just be patient reign in the ponies, sop the ribbits and all will be well teehee :-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Qbee
    It is: Donna from MO
    Hi Gail that is DonnaDrum

    Quote Originally Posted by Chigger Holler Quilter
    Besties and Buddies are way too close to the same to keep track of easily...maybe we can use opposites next time like North and South...etc....hint for you April! LOL
    Ahhh Connie you may be so very right I did not think of that!! Sorry first time with more than one group so it is a learning curve thing lol

    I really hope you are all having fun fun fun!!

    Hugs
    April

  12. #62
    Super Member ksea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,635
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by moonrise
    Quote Originally Posted by montanablu

    Not a loop exactly - but do you suppose anyone will send fabric that's just crying out for lady bugs, leaping frogs & oh, yea, I almost forgot the other one I want to use --- pink & purple cowboy boots w/plaid ponies romping in the background. Sounds cool, don't you think??! ;) he he :lol:
    LOL! Well, with 35 F8's coming in, there's bound to be a couple that could be paired with cowboy boots, ladybugs, frogs, and ponies! Maybe even all in the same block! :lol:

    Can't wait to see the grown-up block! I'm so excited! :thumbup:

    The weather folks are saying we could get 5-6" of snow on Monday. I love snow ... it's a rare treat here in Georgia ... but I don't want the mail carrier to be unable to bring more squishies for a day or two! Horrors! :shock:
    Moonrise, my DH left 8pm last night to do some strom repair work down in Georgia, I didn't realize that you all get so much snow and ice down there.

  13. #63
    Super Member kristen0112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    2,442
    I went to the mail box early this am (I was really busy yesterday) and found 4 F8s from
    Sewwhat85
    Moonrise
    Janecat
    Goldendog55
    Off to go look at fabric in my stash

  14. #64
    Super Member kristen0112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    2,442
    I went to the mail box early this am (I was really busy yesterday) and found 4 F8s from
    Sewwhat85
    Moonrise
    Janecat
    Goldendog55
    Off to go look at fabric in my stash

  15. #65
    Super Member tealfalcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Millbrook, Alabama
    Posts
    3,395
    Got my first f8 yesterday so pretty and making the block today this is so fun

  16. #66
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Forest Falls, CA, USA
    Posts
    156
    I received squishies yesterday from JaneCat, AnnTherrian, and moonrise. The blocks have been made and will be mailed out on Monday, along all my fabric. I REALLY love this swap - I love the challenge of doing something different each time, and coming up with coordinating fabric and fun blocks for each person's fabric of choice.

  17. #67
    Senior Member nurse bonnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Old Station, CA
    Posts
    625
    I got 2 squishies yesterday from:

    sewwhat85
    JaneCat

    Pretty fabrics.

  18. #68
    montanablu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    seemingly in the land of infants & toddlers!
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyndi H
    I received squishies yesterday from JaneCat, AnnTherrian, and moonrise. The blocks have been made and will be mailed out on Monday, along all my fabric. I REALLY love this swap - I love the challenge of doing something different each time, and coming up with coordinating fabric and fun blocks for each person's fabric of choice.
    Cyndi - I love this swap too! - this is my 2nd. Finding the coordinating fabrics (usually from my stash - yea!) & deciding on pattern is just about the most fun a quilter could ask for!!
    Bring on the squishies!! Love growing up those babies!

  19. #69
    Super Member LovingIzabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyndi H
    I REALLY love this swap - I love the challenge of doing something different each time, and coming up with coordinating fabric and fun blocks for each person's fabric of choice.
    So glad to hear!! That is what I love so much about this swap-going through and looking and matching and finding just the right block!
    Ready for 5.0???LOLOL
    Hugs
    April

  20. #70
    montanablu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    seemingly in the land of infants & toddlers!
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyndi H
    I REALLY love this swap - I love the challenge of doing something different each time, and coming up with coordinating fabric and fun blocks for each person's fabric of choice.
    So glad to hear!! That is what I love so much about this swap-going through and looking and matching and finding just the right block!
    Ready for 5.0???LOLOL
    Hugs
    April
    5.0?! Of course!! What a question :roll: :D :D (I will need to finish 4.0 first, tho, OK??! lol

    As I'm stuffing envies & sealing I remember a slight problem I had last time -- & hopefully I can share in time to save a few people at least a little grief.
    The envie I use is the peel off self-stick flap kind. Saves a lot of lickin'! :thumbup: HOWEVER -- & THIS IS IMPORTANT - THE END EDGES DON'T ALWAYS SEAL!! And if they don't seal tight, the postal machine is likely to catch that little corner & rip the envie to...well, you know...shreds.
    This happened to me & I had a few returned (rather than sent on for some reason) & I had to start over.
    SO-OOOO ------ might I suggest that if you use that type of envelope that you slap a little piece of scotch tape on the end edges to save it from possibly being eaten by a postage sorting machine! :-( :-(

    Hope I've saved at least one person from grief, & VERY SORRY I didn't remember sooner. :oops: (Is forty lashes at dawn penalty enough?? :-(

  21. #71
    Senior Member shaysmema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hammond, La
    Posts
    408
    Well,no sewing for me today or the next few days, sorry everyone. I admitted my hubby to the hospital early this am with pnemonia (sp) I will be here and not go home for a few day. I hope I can get to them by this weekend. My son is on his way here from Fl so maybe we can switch off and I can go home for a few hours. If I do, I will try to sew some, don't want to get to far behind. So glad I bought my laptop to the hospital with me so I can stay informed. Please say a prayer for hubby, he has Copd and Chf, he is in bad shape. Thanks all

  22. #72
    Senior Member fryguymoore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Reading, PA
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by shaysmema
    Well,no sewing for me today or the next few days, sorry everyone. I admitted my hubby to the hospital early this am with pnemonia (sp) I will be here and not go home for a few day. I hope I can get to them by this weekend. My son is on his way here from Fl so maybe we can switch off and I can go home for a few hours. If I do, I will try to sew some, don't want to get to far behind. So glad I bought my laptop to the hospital with me so I can stay informed. Please say a prayer for hubby, he has Copd and Chf, he is in bad shape. Thanks all
    I am sorry to hear your hubby isn't well. There is no need to hurry just yet :) Take care!

  23. #73
    Tink74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Villa Park, Illinois
    Posts
    402
    No rush shaysmema, Family first. Hope he is well soon!!

  24. #74
    montanablu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    seemingly in the land of infants & toddlers!
    Posts
    582
    By all means don't worry about the blocks! Family comes first & your DH needs you right now. We'll be praying for you both.

  25. #75
    Super Member kristen0112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    2,442
    Quote Originally Posted by shaysmema
    Well,no sewing for me today or the next few days, sorry everyone. I admitted my hubby to the hospital early this am with pnemonia (sp) I will be here and not go home for a few day. I hope I can get to them by this weekend. My son is on his way here from Fl so maybe we can switch off and I can go home for a few hours. If I do, I will try to sew some, don't want to get to far behind. So glad I bought my laptop to the hospital with me so I can stay informed. Please say a prayer for hubby, he has Copd and Chf, he is in bad shape. Thanks all
    I am sorry. I will be praying for him. My husband has asthma is dependent on inhalers. He had to go to the hospital twice this year. It's no fun. I am glad you brought your laptop. Take care.

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 53 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.