Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Buddies Group Buddies Post here :-) >

Boomerang Buddies Group Buddies Post here :-)

Boomerang Buddies Group Buddies Post here :-)

Old 03-16-2011, 10:46 PM

Wow! You gals are fast! I'm sure I'll need every day to finish my blocks. Don't give up on me...I'm sure I'll get them done. I think I overloaded by doing both groups this time while I still had 3 other swaps going. What was I thinkin'???? Oh, did I also mention that DH is on me about getting our taxes done as well?
I've been picking out complamentry fabs and block patterns in my 'spare' time. LOL
Take care....almost forgot to mention that I got a great block from jtapp! Thank you!
Brenda5...I'm sorry I haven't responded to your question. I'll get back to you soon! (I do think I have your block...:) just have to verify)
Old 03-17-2011, 02:48 AM

Good morning Buddies just wanted to update that I mailed blocks to jlin52 and CyndiH on Tuesday.
I am still waiting on a F8 from mbogenpohl.
Karen and Wendsy I see where you both recently posted that you have mailed yours so I will let you know when I receive them.
I received grown up blocks from Okdarla and golendog55. I love both of them, they look awesome with my other ones. I really appreciate the time and talent that you all have put into each one of my blocks and I know that my grand daughters are going to have beautiful quilts thanks to youall.
I am sorry that I am behind and am no where near done with my blocks (25 more to complete and send), I am pretty sure that I will get them done and mailed by the deadline, I just hope it doesn't upset anyone that they have to wait that long.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-170820.jpe   attachment-170821.jpe  
Old 03-17-2011, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by ksea
Good morning Buddies just wanted to update that I mailed blocks to jlin52 and CyndiH on Tuesday.
I am still waiting on a F8 from mbogenpohl.
Karen and Wendsy I see where you both recently posted that you have mailed yours so I will let you know when I receive them.
I received grown up blocks from Okdarla and golendog55. I love both of them, they look awesome with my other ones. I really appreciate the time and talent that you all have put into each one of my blocks and I know that my grand daughters are going to have beautiful quilts thanks to youall.
I am sorry that I am behind and am no where near done with my blocks (25 more to complete and send), I am pretty sure that I will get them done and mailed by the deadline, I just hope it doesn't upset anyone that they have to wait that long.
Deep Deep breaths...no need to apologize or worry about inconveniencing anyone. This swap has a four month time frame and blocks are due to be mailed home by April 15th so you have plenty of time. If anyone is upset they have not received their block yet then perhaps this is not the swap for them. This swap is not meant to be rushed and get it done. it is meant to help people grow and stretch in their comfort zones and be STRESS FREE because you do have time!
So again take a deep breath and relax-you are fine :-)
Hugs
April
Old 03-17-2011, 08:40 AM

Happy Patty's day everyone!
I received wonderful blocks from JLin52 and Bibliostone. Bibliostone's was delivered in a body bag, she put up much of a fight, as seen by her many rips and tears (there is even a pinkish substance amongst her "claw" marks-But she came home in perfect condition! I love both block, my pansy garden is really blooming :mrgreen:

"claw" marks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170916[/ATTACH]

the wonderful embroidered square from Bibliostone
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170918[/ATTACH]

very nice block from JLin 52
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170953[/ATTACH]

in body bag
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170954[/ATTACH]

tears and rips
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170955[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-170911.jpe   attachment-170913.jpe   attachment-170948.jpe   attachment-170949.jpe   attachment-170950.jpe  

Old 03-17-2011, 10:01 AM

Bibliostone, what beautiful blocks! :)

Brenda5....I just checked and yes, I did receive not only one block from you but two! Thank you so much I really like them. Great additions for the QOV that I am doing for my BIL (retired military) who served in Viet Nam! If any of you reading this would like to send a note to him (of thanks or encouragement) I will send them with the completed quilt. I know it would be much appreciated. So many of the soldiers who served in Viet Nam were not shown any appreciation from our people when they returned home. Thanks for considering this request! :)
Old 03-17-2011, 11:11 AM

Picture of the great blocks I received from Brenda5 and jtapp!
sorry the picture quality isn't near as good as that of the blocks! Thank you both. :)

top two from Brenda5 and bottom from jtapp
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170968[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-170963.jpe  
Old 03-17-2011, 02:55 PM

Ladies I have an blast doing these blocks!!! :D :D Thank you all for playing with me! I made to the post office today so they are all offically on their way home. Wendsy I am looking forward to getting your fabric.

Chigger I sure wish I had know that before I mailed your block today. I had friends that served in Nam and they did not get the recognition they deserved.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by wendsy
Happy Patty's day everyone!
I received wonderful blocks from JLin52 and Bibliostone. Bibliostone's was delivered in a body bag, she put up much of a fight, as seen by her many rips and tears (there is even a pinkish substance amongst her "claw" marks-But she came home in perfect condition! I love both block, my pansy garden is really blooming :mrgreen:
Oh dear, that is at least the second one that has been delivered in a bag. The sad part is I took them to the post office to make sure they were not too thick for the machine. So much for that. Glad it arrived safely and that you like it.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:45 PM

Thank you Karen for the beautiful block. The colors are wonderful

Ellie
Old 03-17-2011, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by raya69
Thank you Karen for the beautiful block. The colors are wonderful

Ellie
You are welcome and I am very happy that you like it! So happy to know that they are arriving home!