Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 03-07-2010, 11:47 PM

I "think" I have all the mess sorted out! Thanks to Wine Woman :), she helped me out ALOT AND to those that answered my plea. PLEASE if you receive the wrong block, LET ME KNOW.

Blocks will start their journey tomorrow to Lori Hovey, Nancy Park, Kim Dickson, Mary Tomaszewski, Kim Bunn, Kimberly Whispell, Darlene Cogar, Martina Graham, Lori Mosher, Vicki Browell, Neoma Rudolph, Lee Musgjerd and Colleen Froats. I will finish the last few I have left this week.

Liz
Old 03-08-2010, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by kysmommy2
beautiful blocks, ladies!!!! reneebobby, you can have my place in 2.0. After much consideration I am going to have to pull out of 2.0 and wait until 3.0 to do the boomerang swap again. I have already purchased my fabric though! So after 2.0 is completed I will be all ready for 3.0!
Sorry your pulling out but summer is coming and lord only knows for this swap I'll have to be very diligent, but I'll do it.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Power Poster

I think I've missed the last 20 pages on this thread so I have some catching up to do. My crazy project at work is DONE (singing lalala) and the catalog went to print barely making the deadline. So those 12-15 hour days weren't for the birds. Afterwards, I hit that fall down from exhaustion state and slept most of last week. BUT NOW-HAHA! SHE's BACK and getting back into the sewing swing of things.

Yesterday, I pulled out and sorted all of my boomerang blocks and fabrics. My blocks so far are perfect and I have to post pictures.

Pat and I have the morning together and then he goes to work and I enjoy my day off - - - with Boomerangs.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:12 AM

I put three blocks in the mail today, so
purplemem
BarbS
Sewspecial
be on the look out for Boomerang blocks coming home! :thumbup:
Old 03-08-2010, 10:23 AM

yippee!
thank you!
Old 03-08-2010, 12:02 PM

Received blocks from Sara Sewingand Mosher92.Each time I open a packet I think of each block as a special gift from a Dear Friend.I put my last two blocks in mail this am,on the way to Cit Mama and Sewspecial.Postal Clerk said she would miss me but I told her this would start over again in April......neoma
Old 03-08-2010, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by neoma
Liz,I am happy to say #4 belongs to me.I think #3 should go to ckcowl,got the gold fab. from her.You may ask how I remember,I had cut a small sliver and attached to envelope.Did this in my spare time..............................neoma
Neoma, I did the same thing. It really helped. I had to refer to those envelopes and spreadsheet several times!

Kbunn, I'm sorry to hear about your job loss. I know the feeling. I've been on that side of the table and have been unemployed for sometime now. The only good thing about being unemployed is having time to do this swap and sew! It was a lot of fun but felt guilty at times because I was having so much relaxing fun! When one door closes another one always opens. If I didn't have our winery to fall back on it would have been terrible times for us. But it's all good. Hang in there. Enjoy the time you have off specially if you have to go back to full time work. :lol:
Old 03-08-2010, 06:57 PM

Thank you everyone who has expressed concern over my job loss. I admit it did catch me off gaurd since I did not see it coming. I still have moments of panic....I just am not used to not being employed. We are more fortunate then alot of people though....DH is employeed full time and we should manage just fine. A little tightening of our belts so to speak. DH has been listing all the things I never have time to do that I can enjoy now...it is definately a mixed blessing for us. So I am going to get caught up on household projects....spend some time with DH and enjoy more time to quilt. I am sorry I will miss Boomerange 2.0 but you can be sure I will be watching the thread and maybe by 3.0 I will be in a postion to participate again. I have enjoyed this swap so much.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:18 PM

I received a lovely blocks today from Mosher 92. Thank you so much, I love the block.

I took a week off but now I am back to doing my boomerangs again. Another lucky person will be getting one of my famous (infamous?) blocks with a little tiny extra seam. Whoops!
I swear I measure twice and cut once but the hands get a little shaky sometimes and things happen!

I'm not going to tell you who you are. Maybe you won't notice!
:-D

I won't be getting into #2 not because I'm such a klutz but because I have been in so many swaps lately I have to stop and put some tops together and get them quilted.
I hope to have a bunch of blocks ready to mail by the end of the week.
:-D
Old 03-08-2010, 08:58 PM

I recieved a beautiful block from Gigix12...thank you so much.

Madquilter your block is on it's way home to you....I hope you like it!

Gigix12
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2295[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-2295.jpe