Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 05-31-2010, 04:45 PM

Don't stress about this!!! I too would like you to keep the block I made for you. If you had just asked me to make you a block for no apparent reason even, I would have done so gladly. We are quilters! We are here to edify each other. I don't want you to feel badly on my account! As someone else said...we have all been there. You never really know what all is happening in others' lives.
I too would just like my F8 sent back, cut or uncut. pretty please!!
Thanks!!!
Lisa
Originally Posted by thequilteddove
*hangs head - feelings of remorse & guilt*

I can rattle of a million and one excuses in regards to my busy life. I feel really bad - when I signed up I thought I was in a place where I had time to take on a swap adventure. I was completely mistaken & my follow through sucked :( I have cut out a good portion of the fabrics, but I haven't had the chance to sew them up... I could send April the entire lot & she can try to figure it out what I was doing w/everyone's stuff, but I'm not so sure that would be very enjoyable for her...

First I thought I would send you all a random fat quarter w/a letter of apology...

Then I got a bright idea about doing a giveaway game for the block sets I received from you all instead. I used two sets of fabric thinking I'd end up w/two lap quilts instead of one big bed quilt I wouldn't use...

Which would you all prefer... everyone to receive a random fat quarter or take a chance & be one of two people to win the block sets that I received back from this swap?

Again, I'm really sorry for disappointing everyone. Hope you all can find it in your hearts to forgive me :(
Old 05-31-2010, 04:46 PM

yes just send us our fabric back cut or uncut! that'd be great. if you could post a small note on the block you intended for our cut material that'd be awesome-we can figure it out from there.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:21 AM

Ladies,
I apologize for the feelings I see being posted. I tried to make sure this was a great swap experience for everyone. I have asked Blueribbontoes and thequilteddove both to send me the F8s so I could turn them in to blocks for everyone.
Sara I know that MoodyKim is working on her blocks and fell behind due to unexpected medical issues. What other block are you waiting for? Bobbinwinder? Please let me know. I have tried to keep track and make sure I knew who still needed what.
I am sorry I am behind on posting. My IH has flared real bad and I suffered some pretty bad chemical burns on my left hand.
Thank you all for your support and kind words-they are appreciated.
Hugs
April
Old 06-01-2010, 05:22 AM

April.....I don't feel that you should feel obligated to complete this yourself.......please don't worry about my blocks....if the other ladies are not able to return my F8's then I would just as soon call it even and move on.......you have done everything in your power to make this an enjoyable swap for everyone and I truly have enjoyed the experience!!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:49 AM

April:

......you have done everything in your power to make this an enjoyable swap for everyone and I truly have enjoyed the experience!![/quote]

I totally agree with BarbS..you have done a great job and with health issues of your own. We all appreciate your efforts in holding this swap together and we can all be understanding of those who were unable to complete their commitment due to life issues.

Hugs, Gigix12
Old 06-01-2010, 06:19 AM

ditto!! don't worry about my block either...if I can get my fabric back, great...if not, thats ok too. I am not upset AT ALL!! This swap was amazingly wonderful! I enjoyed it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! (running to the mail box EVERYDAY, lol).
Old 06-01-2010, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Ladies,
I apologize for the feelings I see being posted. I tried to make sure this was a great swap experience for everyone. I have asked Blueribbontoes and thequilteddove both to send me the F8s so I could turn them in to blocks for everyone.
Sara I know that MoodyKim is working on her blocks and fell behind due to unexpected medical issues. What other block are you waiting for? Bobbinwinder? Please let me know. I have tried to keep track and make sure I knew who still needed what.
I am sorry I am behind on posting. My IH has flared real bad and I suffered some pretty bad chemical burns on my left hand.
Hugs
April
If the F8's are sent to April, I'll give her a hand on making the blocks owed to everyone. Life happens sometimes and we just can't do anything about it, family is always first. I have loved this swap and have received awsome blocks, I hope many will join in the next round as well.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Ladies,
Hugs
April
April: Please don't feel responsible for making the missing blocks for the rest of us. It is not your responsibility.
You did a GREAT job with this swap and I am so glad I got into it.
I feel you did more than you could have to run this swap in a very organized way. It's not your fault that some members don't feel as responsible as they should.
I'll be able to finish my quilt whether I get my fabric back or not as I did buy extra fabric just in case of this situation.
Take care of yourself and your daughter and don't give this swap another thought.
:-D
Old 06-01-2010, 03:18 PM

I agree with susie. April please don't think or even try to make the missing blocks, you have done amazing work for the swap. It's not your fault if some of the swappers didn't meet their commitment. If we can get our fabric back great, if not I'll make some adjustments.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:02 PM

April, You know that we all love you and Izzy but you are trying too hard on this project. Take care of your self and Izzy. Please let us know as soon as you can after the nineth how Izzy is doing. Let her know that we all send her a big huggie and smoochie as she is put to sleep. Ispy