Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 05-27-2010, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by ispy
I am still missing blocks from:
Blueribbontoes
thequilteddove
moodykim

Ladies if you can't finish please return my F8 and I will make the blocks. Believe me I understand stuff happens. We just want to help. I need to finish this quilt before I start assembling my RWB swop blocks which are due back to me June 15,2010.

ISPY
That's a good idea. I wouldn't mind making my own if you aren't going to get them out soon.
:-D
Old 05-27-2010, 12:04 PM

still missing blocks from: thequilteddove & moodykim. Ladies if you would send me my fabric back i'd be glad to finish the blocks, then you don't have to worry about it anymore and i can get my quilt top done!! Thanks
Old 05-29-2010, 05:53 AM

Have not received blocks from:
thequilteddove
blueribbontoes
Bobbinwinder
cjt_mama
Old 05-29-2010, 06:43 AM

oh, btw...my address has changed..so if you are mailing my F8 back and don't have my new address, please pm me.
Thanks!
Lisa
Old 05-31-2010, 05:43 AM

*hangs head - feelings of remorse & guilt*

I can rattle of a million and one excuses in regards to my busy life. I feel really bad - when I signed up I thought I was in a place where I had time to take on a swap adventure. I was completely mistaken & my follow through sucked :( I have cut out a good portion of the fabrics, but I haven't had the chance to sew them up... I could send April the entire lot & she can try to figure it out what I was doing w/everyone's stuff, but I'm not so sure that would be very enjoyable for her...

First I thought I would send you all a random fat quarter w/a letter of apology...

Then I got a bright idea about doing a giveaway game for the block sets I received from you all instead. I used two sets of fabric thinking I'd end up w/two lap quilts instead of one big bed quilt I wouldn't use...

Which would you all prefer... everyone to receive a random fat quarter or take a chance & be one of two people to win the block sets that I received back from this swap?

Again, I'm really sorry for disappointing everyone. Hope you all can find it in your hearts to forgive me :(
Old 05-31-2010, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by thequilteddove

I can rattle of a million and one excuses in regards to my busy life. I feel really bad - when I signed up I thought I was in a place where I had time to take on a swap adventure. I was completely mistaken & my follow through sucked :( I have cut out a good portion of the fabrics, but I haven't had the chance to sew them up... I could send April the entire lot & she can try to figure it out what I was doing w/everyone's stuff, but I'm not so sure that would be very enjoyable for her...

First I thought I would send you all a random fat quarter w/a letter of apology...

Then I got a bright idea about doing a giveaway game for the block sets I received from you all instead. I used two sets of fabric thinking I'd end up w/two lap quilts instead of one big bed quilt I wouldn't use...

Which would you all prefer... everyone to receive a random fat quarter or take a chance & be one of two people to win the block sets that I received back from this swap?

Again, I'm really sorry for disappointing everyone. Hope you all can find it in your hearts to forgive me :(
Awwwww, Honey, don't fret so hard about it! Most of us have been there (I am guilty of living in that world too often myself), so we understand your situation. Recently I was severely admonished for not getting birthday blocks done on time for a swap from another board. I had been online and explained my situation (last child graduating from HS and had special events to attend for her weekly, plus my "daily" job, and my own wedding cake business' ups and downs ... I NEVER sew during a baking week, to avoid any food contamination to my fabric and vice versa), and that I would certainly get caught up in due time, even providing a target date. Two days later I was advised in an e-mail to get them done within 2 days "or else", and you can only imagine the stress that put me under. I got them done, but I didn't appreciate the stress.

Not wanting to add any more stress to your life, I would be happy to have my fabric returned ... if you've already cut it out, that's okay, too. Just tell me the block and if you have a sketch, or directions or something else, I'd be happy to complete it myself. As has been said on this thread many times, this exchange was meant to be fun and we all know that stress is not fun, so feel free to return it to me. I'm not upset at all -- life gets in the way sometimes and we can only react however we can. As for the block I sent to you, it is yours to do whatever you would like. Only you can determine what that is.

But I can only speak for myself. Whatever you decide to be your best course of action will be fine with me. Just let me know.

Odessa
Old 05-31-2010, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
Originally Posted by thequilteddove

Awwwww, Honey, don't fret so hard about it! Most of us have been there (I am guilty of living in that world too often myself), so we understand your situation. Recently I was severely admonished for not getting birthday blocks done on time for a swap from another board. I had been online and explained my situation (last child graduating from HS and had special events to attend for her weekly, plus my "daily" job, and my own wedding cake business' ups and downs ... I NEVER sew during a baking week, to avoid any food contamination to my fabric and vice versa), and that I would certainly get caught up in due time, even providing a target date. Two days later I was advised in an e-mail to get them done within 2 days "or else", and you can only imagine the stress that put me under. I got them done, but I didn't appreciate the stress.

Not wanting to add any more stress to your life, I would be happy to have my fabric returned ... if you've already cut it out, that's okay, too. Just tell me the block and if you have a sketch, or directions or something else, I'd be happy to complete it myself. As has been said on this thread many times, this exchange was meant to be fun and we all know that stress is not fun, so feel free to return it to me. I'm not upset at all -- life gets in the way sometimes and we can only react however we can. As for the block I sent to you, it is yours to do whatever you would like. Only you can determine what that is.

But I can only speak for myself. Whatever you decide to be your best course of action will be fine with me. Just let me know.

Odessa
Odessa said it very well! I agree, don't stress, send back the fabric cut or uncut ASAP, use the blocks you have received and put this behind you!
Please keep us informed about what you are going to do.
:-D
Old 05-31-2010, 09:46 AM

I, also, would appreciate if you just sent back my fabric, cut or uncut, I will work with it.
Take Care
Old 05-31-2010, 02:50 PM

Your last statement first then from the top. You are forgiven.

I don't see why April should be caught up in this at all. If you can't figure it all out how can she? Besides she is having health problems and her daughter is having surgery this week. I for one don't want any more stress put on her.

I am not interested in getting a random f4 as it would most likely not blend with my other blocks. As we all know the reason for sending the f8 was so our blocks would have one piece matching in each block.

You ask us to pick between two choices, the f4 or the drawing. As you can see no one has picked either. What we really want is out own f8 back, cut or uncut. I hope this choice is the one that will be the less stressful for you. We are just asking to help you and at the same time get out quilts completed.

Take care and keep us informed. Marie
Old 05-31-2010, 03:22 PM

An exchange is always a gamble. You may or may not like the blocks you receive. You may or may not consider the stitching adequate to your own standards. You may not even get a block back. I've had to replace one F8 of mine that went missing. I've had to resend a finished block to Canada that was sent to me by mistake. I would actually like my own fabric back since it was from my stash and I can't replace it anymore.

We've all spent lots of money to send the F8's, then the time to sew a block that our friends would like. Then the next expense to return it. So this hasn't been cheap, or even easy. We all started from the same rules, but now it's 3 months later and I think it's time to just get it finished. Rules are not optional - they are meant to be followed. So for those 4 blocks that I didn't receive back, I'm sorry that you didn't take this exchange seriously. I hate to say it, but I've learned a lesson - a not so fine of a lesson.