Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-ALCYONE Group

OH I think a dark brown would be beautiful with those blocks! how pretty that is turning out..

are you finding as I have that as you work with fabrics you might not like in the end they turn out pretty darned good? and are not nearly as bad as you thought? some you love right up. some you think ugh what will I do then you see them coming together and say wow.. next time.. ...I have learned so much with these swaps I am addicted!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

I think a dark brown fabric would really set your blocks off
    Terri

Blog Entries
    All out of country grownups are in the mail. The postal clerk hates me.

Benndmn your block will be in the mail tomorrow

terriamn

Quote Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
    Benndmn your block will be in the mail tomorrow

terriamn
    Great. I will watch for it. Thanks.

I got another block yesterday... from Alikat110. check it out in my album!

hugs, Jup

( albums are below this )
    "Stash Enhancement" makes buying fabric necessary, even when you have no idea what you will do with it! ----Jupiter aka Marilyn

http://marilynjsmith.blogspot.com/

Lightbulb block setting

I am thinking about how to best use my colorful blocks. My Granddaughter has set her eye on them as a quilt for her bed. I am thinking that makes a great Christmas present.

I was thinking to use solid block triangles on each side to set the blocks on point. Then using solid colors just about an inch wide finished, a different color around each block.... would make a variety of double thin color lines between the blocks. I woke up with that on my brain a few days ago.

hugs, Jup
    "Stash Enhancement" makes buying fabric necessary, even when you have no idea what you will do with it! ----Jupiter aka Marilyn

Blog Entries
    Yeah! I got mail! First time in a couple of weeks. Catgirl, it's perfect!

Blog Entries
    Oops, I forgot to post the pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Got all my blocks together. Here's what I have so far. If you sent me a block and don't see it, please let me know.

wow those are great! I love the thanksgiving set the best probably what a warm quilt that would be!

who has not sent their blocks out yet out of curiosity? it feels like I have most of them. I do not mark them in a book or paper as they come in. I just love them. I try never to worry if some don't come back its a reality based on what is going on in all of our lives. I do have so many I am contemplating starting to sash them but worry that its better to wait to make sure the colors are all divvied up properly and evenly. I am in a fast group and let me say this one is also as fast you girls rock!! I did a few side swaps so I am unsure how many I have are from here and how many from the swap hence the above question.

Enjoy your holiday weekend, hope it includes sewing and quilting and maybe even that dreaded trip to the quilt shop where you have to buy just a bit of this and a bit of that.. ugh how horrible!
    Linda

Blog Entries
    I love all my blocks. Originally I was going to make lap quits for the livingroom (I put a quilt on my leather chair and sofa to save them from the dogs), but I think I'm going to make some extra fall leaf blocks and sash the Thanksgiving quilt with a plaid material I found the other day and make it a bed quilt. Fall is my favorite season especially here in the desert. It means you can finally enjoy the outdoors again. Who knows, they may all turn into bed quilts :-)

I received 3 wonderful blocks yesterday. They are all going to look great in my finished quilt. It is amazing to me that everyone looks at the same fabric and sees a different block. You are all so creative. It's great to have such talented friends. Thanks for all your time and effort.
    This block is from Terriamn Name:  DSC02948.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  923.8 KB

This block is from Goldendog55 Name:  DSC02945.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  961.9 KB

This block is from Gaijin Name:  DSC02943.JPG
Views: 102
Size:  930.8 KB

I have a block finished for Happylab. I will get it in the mail Tuesday. Hope you like it.

Linda, that is my favorite reason for joining in these boomerang swaps. I know it stretches my imagination to work with fabrics I did not pick out. (Plus I end up with some very nice quilts too!)

happy stitching!
    hugs, Jupiter

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    OH I think a dark brown would be beautiful with those blocks! how pretty that is turning out..

are you finding as I have that as you work with fabrics you might not like in the end they turn out pretty darned good? and are not nearly as bad as you thought? some you love right up. some you think ugh what will I do then you see them coming together and say wow.. next time.. ...I have learned so much with these swaps I am addicted!

Blog Entries
    I have been able to complete blocks for catgirl807, elisabrat, & AnneMixon. You can peak in my album. I'll mail tomorrow. Also, need to apoligise to Terriamn & AZKat. I notified you before of yours being done, but did not mail. Will get them out tomorrow!!! What is left? I have not recieved an f8 from queenof2808...hope you are okay. Need to do blocks still for Gaijin, goldendog55, happylab, & missgigglewings. Yeah!

Blog Entries
    missgigglewings, your block is in the mailbox.

Elisabrat, I made you adult block and I enjoyed making the block. I plan on mailing the block Friday, with a couple of other blocks, hopefully my pic shows up, nope still having issues with posting pics. So far have been able to post only 1 pic. Anyway I hope you like my pic.
    I love the block you made for me. I would post pic, but my equipment is working against me. I will keep trying to post though.
    Happy sewing everyone.

Hey everyone, it worked!!!!! Yea!!!!!!! I can post some more pics!!!!! Yea!!!! Can you tell that I am happy? Again yea!!!!!!!!

FYI question, who would like to have their scraps back? Please PM me if you would. If you don' say anything in you note in envelope or PM me , I think you don't care. Then i'll just keep the scraps. As for me, if you want to keep my excess scraps, that's fine with me, or you can return then. It's up to you. Thanks! And happy sewing everyone!

Thank-you Elisabrat & goldenboy55, I Just love the colors and block designs. Thank you very much! These blocks will make a great quilt, soon.
    Happy sewing,

I guess I was dropped from this thread, so I 'd better get caught up with everything you 'he been doing. I finished my last block today for Arizona KAT & it Wilone's mailed in a day or so.

Received a beautiful block from Gaijin. Thankyou so much

Terriamn

Beautiful block and yeah happy lab you did it! yahoo! it took me a bit too to learn how to do it.. now to get my new windows 8 to post pics its so far being .. cantankerous.. argh pirates! I send pics to jaba who posts them for me shoot she has 100 she has to post herself let alone doing mine too hence not a lot of picture posting. My apologies. I will get her to post a finished quilt. Love those birdies and how they came out.. that was a very discounted quilt fabric by tina givens and I saw it and thought.. love it? hate it? well go for it and I think it will work out great for my almost son in law. he had best now they got a BIG dog together. oh joy. its going to be one lone big dog two cat life together. now to buy the house they need to put.. that rottie in. kids.. cant tell them anything!
    Linda

Mailing my last block out for this group. Gaijin yours will be mailed out tomorrow.

Terri

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast