Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-ALCYONE Group >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-ALCYONE Group

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-ALCYONE Group

Old 09-23-2013, 01:59 PM

This group has been so quite lately - what is going on with everyone??
I have sent out all my blocks. And now onto other projects. Working on completing a table topper using delft blue/yellow and white materials. Made a few teacups for it too!
Old 09-24-2013, 05:56 AM

Received a pretty block from happylab yesterday, thank you.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
This group has been so quite lately - what is going on with everyone??
I have sent out all my blocks. And now onto other projects. Working on completing a table topper using delft blue/yellow and white materials. Made a few teacups for it too!
All my blocks are out as well.
I have been working on two quilts for grandkids for christmas. I have 9 grandkids and each year I have been doing quilts for them from the oldest down. I am on quilts 4 & 5 this year. One is a sports theme( from blocks on boomerang 9) and one is a hexagon one. next year is for two 3 year olds and in boomerang 8 I did a double car print swap for those. My two year old is getting a bonnet sue quilt and the youngest is getting a quilt with this boomerang (forest) prints.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:51 PM

Received a beautiful block from Travelinggramma. Thanks so much

Terriamn
Old 09-24-2013, 07:07 PM

Here's my update.
I have not received a F8 from queenof2802. All my other blocks have been sent back. If you haven't received your block please let me know.
I have received finished blocks from everyone except AnneMixon, happylab, missgigglewings and queenof2802.
I know there is still lots of time left before the deadline so please don't rush. I just wanted to make sure my records are correct.
I have loved this swap and look forward to the next one. I love seeing how everyone sees the same fabric in a different design. We sure have a lot of talent around here.
Thanks everyone.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:08 AM

I am hoping to finish my ufo's this next month. I have six of them just need putting together. phew! Everytime I think ok I have all my blocks back another shows up. Thank you Happylab for the block I received. I sent a few side swaps out so I forget how many I should have lol. I will wait another couple weeks then start on the finish work. should make some very pretty quilts. I love what you did with the birds and brown fabric I sent and my Christmas blocks from another swap are coming in so cute too. think those will be table runners. Great swap all in all.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:30 AM

Just an update....no pressure

waiting for finished block from.....AnneMixon, missgigglewings, and queenof 2802
Old 09-30-2013, 04:18 PM

I found a stack of envelopes with f8s in them. I thought I had sent everything out! Oops! I plan on working on these this weekend (my first free weekend since school started in August!).
Old 09-30-2013, 05:08 PM

Unhappy BIG OOops!!!

I have received 3 more blocks... I don't have the names with me right now, but thank you just the same. I will post names and photos as soon as I can. I am borrowing time on this computer....

What do "laptop computer" and "red cool aid" have in common and shouldn't?

Yup it was painful to see.... I probably won't be online every day until after next weekend. Fortunately our computer whiz guy is coming for a visit this weekend. For now, my computer is unplugged, battery out, and turned upside down so even more red liquid can stream out.

better luck next time kiddos...

hugs, Jupiter
Old 09-30-2013, 07:41 PM

glad you found those fabrics.. that will make some very happy people I think good job!

I have put mine in piles to make runners and wall hangings. great and easy match ups. thank you for that! I will now add red to the edges and they will all pull together wonderful on the Christmas blocks and oh the birds! those will get a bright green edging and they too will be super together. sincerely this is the best boom I have been in. I truly appreciate everyone reading my special requests as to color and actually using them. High five! sometimes I think its easy to not read the whole blurb but you guys rock and did it.

Now something which might be helpful to some of the block makers here. If you don't have a quarter inch foot for your sewing machine you might seriously consider one. Mine was 15.00 not bad. and it made it terrifically easier for me to make accurate blocks within at worst 1/8th an inch off.. you have to push the fabric against the foot so it stays accurate at all times. Bonus? it makes your 12.5 inch blocks so much easier to make. If you cut things with a ruler and a rolling blade you should get perfect pieces. its the 1/4 that it seems gets everyone. I used a piece of painters tape before but it worked as good as my eyes. not always accurate. Also a black sharpie marking exactly where you want that edge to be when your sewing the pieces together is also helpful just mark your machine. I had blocks come in that were 12" and some 13. One was even 13.5 I hope next round everyone will be able to finish up right at 12.5. it will please you trust me and it will thrill your partner. everyone wins!