Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Old 07-15-2013, 03:56 AM

Question for Mary A. : I have your pretty green fabric with flowers. The paper states use only cream. Then you go on to say no Orange? does this mean other colors are ok but not orange and not white? I am a bit confused so before I sew away I wanted to make sure you wanted me to use ONLY CREAM fabric with yours...
Old 07-15-2013, 04:42 AM

Linda, I PMed her and she said any color but use crème for the background fabric and NO orange of any kind.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:58 AM

ok think I Roger that so it can have a print but the background should be cream? not even sure I have one like that but I do have cream.. so just wanted to know my options. its pretty fabric but a tiny splash of color with it might be not a bad thing. I am with her on having a fabric you dont care for. Me its yellows they bug me. tiny bit of yellow goes a mile. a lot of yellow drives me bonkers yet last boom the pale yellow fabric we worked with that went with only white.. bet that was a soft lovely quilt. so never say never I think. thanks for the heads up Joan
Old 07-15-2013, 07:13 AM

Oh, Annaquilts, your block is in the mail today! I loved the fabric. I showed the completed block to DH and he smiled, remarking that it was all the large construction equipment. I think he'd have loved a quilt made from the fabric as a little boy. Please let me know if the block suits you. I won't post a pic in my album until you have seen it. (That one was a lot of fun!)
Old 07-15-2013, 07:24 AM

Received F8s from
Awilson, catigirl807, elisabrat, jaba, Janice McC, joanelizbay, Libster, ljdugas, Marytoddliz, Terriamn, tubsfam.

Will get on them hopefully this week, kids are throwing a 50th birthday party for DH and me, so am helping get things ready. Was to be a surprise, but they needed some help and DH figured it out anyway. He is not as oblivious as me. LOL
Old 07-15-2013, 07:51 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Me its yellows they bug me. tiny bit of yellow goes a mile. a lot of yellow drives me bonkers...
I love yellow and orange so I am glad the chicken DQ from your avatar now lives with me. Hahaha Brat you are so funny. I think yellow is calling you. You sure make pretty things with it.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Oh, Annaquilts, your block is in the mail today! I loved the fabric. I showed the completed block to DH and he smiled, remarking that it was all the large construction equipment. I think he'd have loved a quilt made from the fabric as a little boy. Please let me know if the block suits you. I won't post a pic in my album until you have seen it. (That one was a lot of fun!)
Janice I am sure if it made your DH smile it will make my grandson happy too. Guys do not change much over the years. You are smart not posting it in your album till I have received it because I would not be able to control myself and I would go and peek. thank you for making a block.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
tomorrow should bring piles of squishies I am sure of it.
I know I was thinking the same. Normally I am a bity sad the weekend is over but now there is something to look forward to. A couple more hours and my mail should be delivered. I am counting on some more squishies.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:50 AM

Oops! I realized a moment ago that I made a mistake in my note re: the block's name, so ignore that. I'll let you know - if you don't already - what it is when you get it. And yes, men always have a bit of the little boy in them!
Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
Janice I am sure if it made your DH smile it will make my grandson happy too. Guys do not change much over the years. You are smart not posting it in your album till I have received it because I would not be able to control myself and I would go and peek. thank you for making a block.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:51 AM

I have finished blocks going home in tomorrow's mail for:
Annaquilts
catgirl807
elisabrat
jaba
Janice McC
joanlizbay x2
Marytoddliz
QuilterMomma
tubsfam

I took pictures and put them in my album if you want to peak. I forgot to take a picture of your other block joanlizbay so one of them will be surprise