Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Old 07-14-2013, 03:19 PM

Brat I love your fabric it looks totally retro

terriamn
Old 07-14-2013, 03:27 PM

What fun! I'm back home and have rec'd 7 envelopes from:

Awilson
AnnaQuilts
Elisabrat
Catgirl1807
libster
marytoddliz
Quiltermomma

I really haven't had a chance to look at the fabric yet but tomorrow I will get to work and come up with some ideas! I look forward to seeing everyone's blocks!
Old 07-14-2013, 03:28 PM

Ladies I need some help please.This firstimer needs to know what blocks will work when someone only wants 1 other color added to what they have sent you. I have looked at a few but don't want to mess up.

Thanks in advance
Marie
Old 07-14-2013, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by tubsfam View Post
Ladies I need some help please.This firstimer needs to know what blocks will work when someone only wants 1 other color added to what they have sent you. I have looked at a few but don't want to mess up.

Thanks in advance
Marie
Did you look on the quilter's cache website? They have tons and tons of blocks organized by size. Look under 12" blocks and you should be able to find some that will work. Last boom was my first time and this site was such a big help!
Old 07-14-2013, 04:43 PM

Tubsfam, shoofly, churn dash, bow tie, pinwheel, and friendship star are all easy blocks that can be made nicely with two colors.

Catgirl807 has a link that has lots of nice blocks from quilters cache. It is in post 66 on page 7 of this thread. I have been scouring it all afternoon matching blocks to fabrics so I can start sewing.

Hope this helps,

Molly

Last edited by mollymunchkin; 07-14-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:07 PM

Thanks Ann and molly, I did look through the ones you both mentioned.I guess I'll go through them again. Ann you block will be on it's way tomorrow.
I'm worried about material I sent out. People have mentioned people they already recieved from and I haven't seen my name but maybe twice. Hope people get it tomorrow ,don't know why it should be taking it so long.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:33 PM

Yeah catgirl posted all the pics for quilterscache 12 inch blocks on Pinterest. She has put the hyperlink here on the board in both this swap and for sure I have seen it in the Alcyone swap. Go back and find that link. Killer easy to see what are best as two tone blocks. nice part of hers its all one one page for you to pick then you go to quilters cache and find the instructions. TADA! lol..
Old 07-14-2013, 06:44 PM

tubsfam you'll be just fine. I was one that asked for just black, please don't stress about it. Look at a block and re-arrange in your head with 2 colors, they're awesome. Have to say this is probably the very 1st time I have done this but with this color print going from yellow, orange, pink, dk. pink, etc......it would be so hard to try to match all the colors I would get back. I do have the exact shades to match for the final borders and the binding so black is so easy for me. Plus I think it will be a "type" quilt I have never done before....trust me I'm stretching the limits here for me. Usually I'm the pastel queen, have to make myself do the brights and bolds. Your block for me will be great!!!
Old 07-14-2013, 06:57 PM

tubsfarm, the blocks that I like to use for just two colors are on quilters cache. One is W.C.T.U...easy block to make and is pretty, Martha Washington star, old snowflake, classic blue, four square and Towers of Camalot. All are easy to make and I think they are pretty with two colors! It gets easier choosing as you get into more booms! My lst one I was a nervous wreck wondering if I was screwing things up...no one shot me so I guess I did ok!! LOL
Old 07-14-2013, 08:52 PM

ah we just had bad aim... (KIDDING KIDDING) I finally put the pics of my blocks made and receive in my album. waiting here for the lucky day they are received and posted! tomorrow should bring piles of squishies I am sure of it. Probably all to Jaba's so she will be forced to come by and see me and visit a spell. crud right? poor lady. we will be setting up a couple shelves in theory on cinder blocks so I can take my fabric out of the bins and onto the shelves for easy viewing and useage. sounds marvelous to me! first to sleep, run to drop off papers then fly home!! its my day off I hate going anywhere on my day off. Mondays are my most energetic best days of the week. and its to be 89. Ugh wouldnt you know it Tues is 82. Gee thanks weatherman!