Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Inlaws just left so I have my sewing room back! Time to get to work

Blog Entries
    Linda....ALL 7 groups?? Oh my..I would never attack that many at once. I think one large and one small has been my limit so far. Cindy, Id love to see a picture of your t-shirt quilt when finished. My DIL wants me to take all my new grandsons outfits and make them into a quilt for him and I have never attempted a t-shirt type fabric quilt. Is it hard? I would think they would be stretchy? You machine quilted it didn't you? I tried to tell them NOT to buy so many new born outfits because hes 3 months and already outgrown the outfits and they "say" this is the last one...maybe.....4 is enough....we shall see
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

I love the fussy cutting on this block from Marytoddliz:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love this block! You got the cheerleader right in the middle thanks elisabrat!

Another beautiful block from joanelizbay:

Also received F8's from:
    createfourpaws
    mollymunchkin

Only one more F8 to receive

Quote Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
    Linda....ALL 7 groups?? Oh my..I would never attack that many at once. I think one large and one small has been my limit so far. Cindy, Id love to see a picture of your t-shirt quilt when finished. My DIL wants me to take all my new grandsons outfits and make them into a quilt for him and I have never attempted a t-shirt type fabric quilt. Is it hard? I would think they would be stretchy? You machine quilted it didn't you? I tried to tell them NOT to buy so many new born outfits because hes 3 months and already outgrown the outfits and they "say" this is the last one...maybe.....4 is enough....we shall see
    Yes I will post a picture of the t-shirt quilt once the binding is on. They are challenging but worth it. I took a class before I started this one. You need to put interfacing on to stablize and keep them from stretching. I have 3-4 others to do for someone else, he gave me 60 t-shirt to put into a quilt. I am working on them too. it is not a fast process. And yes I took it to the quilted and she quilted it on her Gammill, with an all over ink plot pattern.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Sending home a block to ljdugas tomorrow!

I've posted pictures in my album if you want to peek!

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries

Update time

I'm done!! until I get more fabric. Received a block from tubsfam and will put in the mail tomorrow completed blocks to quiltermomma, tubsfam, mollymunchkin and createfourpaws. Annaquilts also sent you a little more fabric. The rest I have finished are the electra group.
    Waiting on fabric from awilson, missgigglewings and debfaye for a side swap.
    Here's the block from tubsfam, I'm loving it. Thanks you so muchName:  DSCF1521.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  1.27 MBPics will be in my album soon if you want to peek.

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    I'm done!! until I get more fabric. Received a block from tubsfam and will put in the mail tomorrow completed blocks to quiltermomma, tubsfam, mollymunchkin and createfourpaws. Annaquilts also sent you a little more fabric. The rest I have finished are the electra group.
    Waiting on fabric from awilson, missgigglewings and debfaye for a side swap.
    Here's the block from tubsfam, I'm loving it. Thanks you so muchName:  DSCF1521.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  1.27 MBPics will be in my album soon if you want to peek.
    I mailed all my fabric the first day we got out lists so something must have happened to it at the PO. Ill mail you another one tomorrow.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I even thought I might get it yesterday but not. So sorry but will let you know if it ever arrives. Be looking for your fabric to come.

Sunrise 450- you have a finished block going out in the mail in the morning. Sneak peek in my album. Thanks for swapping with me.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Blog Entries
    I also make Tee Shirt quilts for customers. The biggest thing is Stabilize. It makes all the difference in the world. I have actually done a double sided Tee Shirt quilt with Harley Davidson quilts. It was amazing. I used Orange and black borders and it was one of my favorite quilts.

I do a lot of memory quilts, with baby clothes, a family member or loved one who passed away, I take the items and make it into a keepsake quilt. If you incorporate pictures into your memory quilts make sure to use really good quality photo fabric. The pictures last a lot longer with good quality. I tried doing it a lot of ways and really the best was start with the quality stuff.

As far as quilting goes you can do long arm, or stitch in the ditch with echo stitching

Eleanor Burns has a Tee Shirt quilt Video that is pretty informative. And if you want some ideas on the baby quilt keepsake send me a pm I can send you pictures. Baby Quilts are so fun to make. It is a totally different concept of quilting for sure.
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Mary T. I just finished your Christmas fabric block last one on the block is Annaquilts trucks. I am searching for a block with big pieces that show the trucks! and make it a fun quilt block still. So far I have received two nine patch blocks. I am thinking the group is less than thrilled with my fabric but hope that everyone can stretch so I have a variety of blocks out of the fabric. if your worried or wondering pm me and we can work it through. OR you can send it back and get the plan B fabric I could send you. its your call quilters!

I will post this evening the three new blocks I have received. Thank you all of you for your quilting time!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    Mary T. I just finished your Christmas fabric block last one on the block is Annaquilts trucks. I am searching for a block with big pieces that show the trucks! and make it a fun quilt block still. So far I have received two nine patch blocks. I am thinking the group is less than thrilled with my fabric but hope that everyone can stretch so I have a variety of blocks out of the fabric. if your worried or wondering pm me and we can work it through. OR you can send it back and get the plan B fabric I could send you. its your call quilters!

I will post this evening the three new blocks I have received. Thank you all of you for your quilting time!
    Yours is the Christmas fabric right? I made a star block with a dark green batik.

I received a lovely block from awilson yesterday. I like it very much! I'll post a pic of it in my album soon. Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    I even thought I might get it yesterday but not. So sorry but will let you know if it ever arrives. Be looking for your fabric to come.
    Looks like I accidently mailed your fabric to someone else. I am so sorry! A new piece is on its way to you tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    Yup it has a different name it is called cluster of stars. But really they are all the same pattern, just different options on the fabric.

Hey Missgigglewings another runner! How cool! I am working on training for a Half Marathon. Last marathon I did just took too much outta me! But My sister is going to run the half with me. We are raising money for a home for Abused Children. I love running almost as much as I love sewing. But I keep my training to early morning runs in this heat. My favorite time is in the fall, when the mornings are cold.
    hey...good for you, and good luck! I having been gearing up for a half marathon but it is at least another year away. I do good in the 3.1 miles but not quite ready for 13miles...maybe someday! and yes..I am addicted to the running too. I love the fall running too but running in the Texas heat really keeps me in shape! Its the training that keeps me from block making..now that it has slowed down I am making blocks on a daily basis! Not even running could keep me from my Janome!

Blog Entries
    I go back and forth about that, sometimes the love of my life is quilting, sometimes it is running. for me it is really hard to do both. One always wins out. In the fall running always wins in the winter it is usually quilting, but that depends on where I live. In California in the mtns with all the snow, Impossible to run much.

My very favorite quilt I ever made is my Marathon/Running shirts quilt. I have it on my bed or with me on the couch if I get headache. I think it is my Linus blankie~

I have a really good friend who does the 60 mile walk for breast cancer in Dallas, last year I made them a baby quilt to raffle, I think they did really good raising money for it. This year I am making a big lap quilt to a very good friend's Daughter who has Breast cancer. she is 33 and needs all the prayers. She has stage 4 breast cancer. She has a 18 mnth son and My heart just breaks for her. But she is strong and has a great support system.

oops guess I got a little side tracked.

Today I made 4 extra blocks for the butterfly quilt for my Granddaughter, just because I felt like working with the fabric.

Well I think I am going to call it a day, and go find some trouble to get into.

Enjoy your Sunday evening ladies~
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Good morning everyone! maybe fabric will show up at my house today? I finished all the fabric I have received, a truck block last night for a new little baby now to wipe out my slow group blocks then.. boredom? lol nah, just work on some other project I have signed up for. I have had a lot of fun making blocks this time round and surely worked with fabrics I have never worked with before (ie the college ones) and then I was challenged by the stripes! I have never worked with stripes because I get so nervous if you cant line them up! lol... it worked out fine btw so if that was your fabric don't worry it is on its way home for your inspection
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    I am really enjoying this swap. Some of the fabric I received is going to be a challange to me but I think I needed that. Catgirl, Brat, and Jaba, your blocks are in todays mail. I hope you like them.
    If you are able, please post a picture when you receive them as I am unable to do so at this time.
    Thanks, Phyllis
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

Blog Entries
    Received grownup blocks from joanlizbay and libster. Awesome blocks girls:

Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Hello all
    Sorry I have been MIA I was in Ottawa for a work conference and boy was it amazing all around!
    I also came home to find out the information on hubby is not good We go on Wednesday for him to get 12 shots in his spine. If that doesn't help they are going to go in and burn the nerve endings and if all else fails he is looking at a double fusion
    I hope you are all doing well. I always love to see the chatter going on in the groups
    Hugs
    April

What a find in the mailbox this afternoon! Two wonderful blocks, one from Brat and the other from catgirl807. Thank you so very much ladies, they are both lovely and will fit perfectly with the others I've rec'd!

I'm behind on my picture posting but I'll try to get to it tonight. I've got to press these before I photograph them and add them to the album. Thank you both again!

I got a beautiful block form Libster today. I love it, thanks!

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast