Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Old 08-24-2013, 07:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
How old is he Anna? Mine is 4 months and he cries when anyone but his mom or dad hold him! If one of the 8 year olds is around he might calm down but if its just him and me and we aren't outside holy bar the door!! I sure hope he grows out of it!!
Hmmm the little man is great and loves visiting people. He is very laid back. They live out of state. Unfortunately one of my grand daughters is the crying type. Of course it is the only one of my grand children that I ever see in person. I hate to tell you but she almost a year and still cries all the time. No fun! she now sits in a high chair at the table and the closest I can get is sitting next to her. Even then. I do think DD and SIL feed into it. DD started babysitting a younger baby and I think that will be very good for my grand daughter to share her mother and her stuff.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:34 AM
Power Poster

Oh joanelizbay, little man, son from DD no. 2, is also 4 months old. The baby is a honey bear. His parents were missionaries in Africa over the last year so he was born there. Many people held him there, then they traveled visiting relatives before they ended up staying with us for about a month. They just moved out of state a week ago as the dad got a new job. So he has visited three continents and traveled a significant part of the USA. His parents were the ones that came down with malaria, from their Africa stay, when they arrived in the USA. DD says they were blessed that baby boy was so easy because it would have else been impossible with all they did and went through. I will miss them but they are very happy with SIL's new job and the people he will be working with. Everyone has already been so kind and helpful to them as they are setting up their new place to live.

Last edited by Annaquilts; 08-24-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:07 AM

Isnt it funny Anna how you can have such completely different children? My lil sis had two, I had mine the same time as she did literally within 2 months.. mine were hang loose but her daughter was a .. crier.. and she most assuredly played into it. OH HONEY OH BABY oh that must be horrible! and well the baby cried a whole lot. nursed for 3 yrs.. to this day she is delicate. Emotionally fragile. I wonder is it genetics or is it taught? mine if they cried I told them suck it up you will be fine.. a quick kiss and on your way. NO right way to do it I suppose. Mine worked better for me. I am so glad your little grandson is turning out so easy going. And I agree a lot of different people, situations, handling helps them so much in feeling well rounded. Too bad he isn't closer. I hope the parents are doing better now .. what a wonderful thing they do adopting children in need. As you with your very large family (understatement).. have given hope to those who needed it the most. Big old quilty hugs to you young lady for all you have done and continue to do.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:30 AM

On Friday I received a beautiful block from Annaquilts. I am behind in posting pictures, will as soon as I can. Thank you.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:37 AM

Default Anna's

[ATTACH=CONFIG]432095[/ATTACH]

This is the block I sent Anna, the fabric just shouted for sodifferent terriamndifferent terriamn
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 08-25-2013, 07:08 AM
Power Poster

Thank you for posting a picture. I love the block you made for me terriamn and hope you saw my response a couple posts back.
*I received a beautiful and fun block from Terriamn. She had received a FQ of hot air balloons. She used the fabric to make a block with what looks like a paper pieced air balloon. It is very pretty. Thank you! I think it was very creative.* Thanks!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:16 AM

Sending blocks home to jaba, missgigglewings, and sunrise450! Pictures for jaba and missgigglewings are in my Maia album if you want to peek! Sunrise450, I missed getting a picture before packaging it up!

I've sent out blocks for all the fabric I've received. If you don't see a picture/post about me sending blocks to you, I haven't gotten your fabric, so please let me know!

Last edited by catgirl807; 08-25-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:27 AM

Sending blocks home to annaquilts, jaba and libster. Hoping to get a few more done today to send out and as they get done I will let you know.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:28 AM

Finally catching up on pictures! Here are the blocks I've received over the last few weeks!
Attached Thumbnails image-3-.jpeg   image-4-.jpeg   image-6-.jpeg   image-7-.jpeg   image-8-.jpeg  

image-10-.jpeg   image.jpeg  
Old 08-25-2013, 09:49 AM

2 more coming , that's super!!! Only leaves 2 more left and I need to make 3 so my quilt can be put together.[ATTACH=CONFIG]432173[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf1598.jpg