Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Old 07-30-2013, 10:20 PM

I got nothing today, I am sewing like a crazed girl! and cutting too. I have a lot to do in a short time! me and my volunteering, gets me in trouble sometimes!

I am really excited about how my butterfly quilt is looking, I am thinking it is going to look awesome. I think I have a few pictures to post in my albums and here too, I better go check!

btw, beautiful blocks going home! You ladies are an amazing group!

Marybeth
Old 07-31-2013, 06:11 AM

Got home last night from work and found a beautiful block from JaniceMc. I have taken pictures but not able to upload until I get back home from work.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:11 AM

I got a beautiful block today from:

Terriamn

Thanks for swapping with me. I have it posted in my album.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:20 AM

Okay everyone I need some help! I am new to quilting, and my machine is good for piecing, but I cannot to any machine quilting on it because the feed dogs do not drop. My birthday is coming up and I want to get a new machine that I can do more with and has more options. What do you guys reccommend around the $300 range? The Quantum 9960 was recommended to me at a cost of 369.00 but I found it on Amazon for 231.00. I watched a video about it and it seemed like a good machine, but since you guys have more experience I wanted to know what your thoughts were. All help and comments welcome!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 10:49 AM

I just love the Winnie the Pooh fabric. Tigger was my all time favorite Disney character! Great blocks!
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Got two blocks from Sunrise450 one for each group. I love them both...cant wait to get all the blocks back and make the quilts for my grandkids!
Old 07-31-2013, 10:50 AM

Wish I could help but my machine is ancient and may need replacing soon so I look forward to the answers you get.
Originally Posted by awilson View Post
Okay everyone I need some help! I am new to quilting, and my machine is good for piecing, but I cannot to any machine quilting on it because the feed dogs do not drop. My birthday is coming up and I want to get a new machine that I can do more with and has more options. What do you guys reccommend around the $300 range? The Quantum 9960 was recommended to me at a cost of 369.00 but I found it on Amazon for 231.00. I watched a video about it and it seemed like a good machine, but since you guys have more experience I wanted to know what your thoughts were. All help and comments welcome!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:04 AM
Power Poster

I have a Janome 6500, about 10 yrs old, and I free motion quilt without dropping the feed dogs. It calls for dropping them but it works many times better not to drop it. You might want to try it on your machine.

If you still want the feed dogs out of the way you can tape an old credit card over it or for some machines you can buy a small plastic cover you snap in place or it comes with the machine, like Janome Jem silver 3/4 machine.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:49 PM

Default Finally!!! Pictures!!!

Well, after dozens and dozens of attempts, I finally figured out how to post pictures thanks to continued research and then this post: http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...d-t208411.html. I'd been using the "quick reply" option that simply didn't work for me and my laptop. In any case, if you see photos below, I've finally figured it out. (Hope it helps someone else!)

Here are the first 3 blocks I rec'd. Libster made the Antique Tile, ljdugas made the Arrowhead Puzzle and Marytoddliz made the Card Trick. Thank you very much ladies! More pix to come and I've got to figure out how to insert text between them.
Attached Thumbnails libster-antique-tile.jpg   ljdugas-arrowhead-puzzle.jpg   marytoddliz-card-trick.jpg  
Old 07-31-2013, 05:02 PM

If you want text between them, after you upload your pic just keep typing. When you're done hit enter on your computer and it will go to the next line, post pic...type what you want, hit enter etc.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:04 PM

Default More pictures

Here are a few more blocks (in order) from Brat, Catgirl, awilson and two from Jaba. The colors are not as nice in the pix as they are in person. They are really wonderful. Thank you all for your efforts. I'm so pleased with them!
Attached Thumbnails elisabrat.jpg   catgirl807.jpg   awilson.jpg   blocks-jaba.jpg