Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Old 07-12-2013, 05:00 PM

Can I ask all of you a favor?? As you make a block for me would you please put the name of the block in with it when you return it? I love knowing the names of the finished blocks!! Thanks!! I made albums for sent/received blocks for both groups and posted my lst picture to the Maia Group Sent!! It will be on its way home to Catgirl tomorrow..MIZ...
Old 07-12-2013, 05:57 PM

Mine are both headed home tomorrow too. I will post pic's in my Boom 10 Album I love getting them done and sending them home! Maybe i will have my quilt finished by October!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Power Poster

The rest of the envelops are going out today.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:21 AM

HEY I have not received any squishies! I have Jaba's and she has mine but we live 15 minutes from each other so I picked it up. Now I will do the mailbox waiting dance! Jan your getting yours finished back tonight. It was fun making and the first time I have used a 1/4 inch foot so my seams are right on. Its a bit getting used to, its not so fond of keeping the seams laying the direction I am feeding them. I took out quiet a few or backed up a few and redid them so it lay better on the back. Any suggestions on how to make this not happens as much. I used to be able to keep a pin in place til the last second but now it stops you 1/2" from the plate and I pull the pin it rides through and presto its bent the wrong direction again on the backside. rip rip rip. learning curve is slow around here.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:09 AM

I received three squishies yesterday, catgirl,brat, jaba. Now to pick out the blocks and get to sewing!
Old 07-13-2013, 09:20 AM

I got F8s today from awilson, catgirl807, jaba, Marytoddliz and Quiltermomma.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:41 AM

Wow..it felt like Christmas today!! Got F8's from Annaquilts, A Wilson, Janice McC, Libster, Marytodd, QuilterMomma, Sunrise 450 and Terriamn....cant wait to open them and see what pretty fabric you sent!! Thanks!
Old 07-13-2013, 11:28 AM

I received [TABLE="width: 117"]
<colgroup><col></colgroup>[TR]
[TD]awilson[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]catgirl807[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]elisabrat[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]jaba[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Libster[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Terriamn[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

I have received half already! AWESOME. I have a run in Portland tonight, so I am going to sew tomorrow! I won't even let myself open the envelopes because I will never leave the house if I do!

I sent out in the mail grown up blocks for Quilter Momma and JaniceMcC, pictures are in my album Boom 10 if you want a sneak peek
Old 07-13-2013, 11:29 AM

Good afternoon ladies, I just had a great question from joanelizbay asking about who the quilt will be for. It will be for an adult woman so I should have put in that I'd prefer no juvenile prints be used. However, beyond that, any brights - or bolds for that matter - would be just fine with me. Also, I'm sure I'd be happy with simple white or black or even grey if you are so inclined. Really, just do whatever will work! Happy stitching all. (FYI, I'm out of town for the day so my husband is picking up the mail. As soon as I get to open the envelopes, I'll post the names I've rec'd from. Thanks you fellow Maians. Or is that Maia'ites? Maia'ers?
Old 07-13-2013, 11:31 AM

Oh yipppeee! I received 5 squishies today! however I cant tell you yet who from as they landed at Jaba's house so soon as I can I will post a list for ya' all to see if yours made it here yet. It wont be a long wait we are having dinner at a fabulous Mexican restaurant she knows of in the neighboring town so it will be a grand night of margaritas! dancing on tables! waddling outside to our truck over stuffed and full of good company. I am looking forward to this. Wow dinner and NO cooking invovled? oh yes. I am off to sew on Marybeth's pretty pink butterflies for Charleigh. I know she will love this quilt. til she outgrows butterflies and sparkles and wants cats and princess crowns (both on the same quilt). I cant wait to see my block Jan made. I get to pick that up too!