Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0  Signups now CLOSED :) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Old 07-04-2013, 06:12 AM

April, while I anxiously look forward to my list, I can wait.....I'm just thankful that you are taking this on....so....that said....PLEASE do this in your comfort zone......
Old 07-04-2013, 09:17 AM

Happy 4th of July. I will have a quiet day. Maybe quilt a little and then tonight watch the fireworks from my next door neighbor Knott's Berry Farm. That is if we do not get a marine layer of clouds. Last year all we saw was pink, green or blue clouds. LOL.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:43 AM

Happy 4th of July, May your day be all that you want it to be. I will be staying in, working on some projects, finalizing my fabric for this swap. And most of all relaxing and taking life easy. As I know tonight the neighbors will be on the noisey side. As always on a holiday.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:19 AM

Happy 4th of July to all USA'ers! Hope everyone's is happy, joyful and safe!
Old 07-04-2013, 12:39 PM

WOW my DH went to Billings with Jaba's husband today and he was so super sweet and brought me a gift. For those who do not know what kind of gifts he usually surprises me with let me share some of my better ones: a squirrel skull, a rattlesnake skin, rocks oh lots of rocks and feathers. these are just a few of my lovely treasures. Well at someplace they stopped today he picked up a special gift. I always say oh lovely .. what is it.. well todays treasure was .. a beaver pelt. you can see where the little ears were the nose.. I thought oh holly.. he said he was torn between a carved wooden rocking horse or this but I guess this won out. OH so lucky me. I was taught to be gracious of gifts .. this is one of the more interesting...
Old 07-04-2013, 10:50 PM

Linda - I am peeing my pants again - what treasures you must have left behind when you moved so he is starting a new collection!! what, may i ask, do you do with all these interesting gifts.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:23 AM

I put them on the bookshelf of course. the beaver is going on the bedroom wall so I can wonder what the heck he was thinking each and every single day I see them. oh dear you can see where the ears were and the nose and well I can only wonder what on earth I might receive next time. I blame Jaba's husband you see he was with him and was probably laughing inside when he bought it for me. I think he was the inspiration for my gift .. I might gift it to Jaba so she can enjoy it too. I offered it as a table mat for her dinner table anytime she wanted it. For some silly reason she seems to think she has plenty runners ..and here I was trying to be nice!
Old 07-05-2013, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Linda - I am peeing my pants again - what treasures you must have left behind when you moved so he is starting a new collection!! what, may i ask, do you do with all these interesting gifts.
I was peeing mine too!! but not for the same reason. Le Brat always wants to share the nicest "gifts" with me, so thoughtful. I'm sure my hubby was laughing...only because he knew he better not bring it to me....
My neighbors were so kind yesterday, quiet all day in this little town then at midnight I thought a bomb went off in my house! The big and I mean big fireworks started and lasted until about 1:15a.m. Sounded like gun shots, that'll wake you up with a jolt and scare the holy c--- right out of you. Needless to say, it was a short night.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:23 AM

Hi everyone
Well I took a nasty spill yesterday and messed up my knees pretty bad but the worst thing is I think I broke or at least messed up a tendon in my right thumb so I am sore and slow. I am going to my walk in on the way home from work because it is only getting worse not better. I hope to have the lists out tonight (may have to employ ol hubby's help lol)
Hope you all had a wonderful fourth!
Hugs
April
Old 07-05-2013, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella View Post
Hi everyone
Well I took a nasty spill yesterday and messed up my knees pretty bad but the worst thing is I think I broke or at least messed up a tendon in my right thumb so I am sore and slow. I am going to my walk in on the way home from work because it is only getting worse not better. I hope to have the lists out tonight (may have to employ ol hubby's help lol)
Hope you all had a wonderful fourth!
Hugs
April
Oh no! I hope you didn't break it, and only bruised. Thoughts and prayers are coming your way.

-Kelly