Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0  Signups now CLOSED :) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Old 07-07-2013, 08:59 AM

This is good news! Happy for you.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:40 AM

Hey girl I knew you would be ok,you are made of steel. LOL!! Glad you are getting better.I will continue to pray for you all.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:08 PM

April--I sent you an email hoping it is not too late to join one small, slow group. Sorry to hear you injured yourself. I hope you are feeling better. I recently fell running up the basement stairs-tripped on a floppy slipper I was wearing. Don't know why I wear them, I prefer going barefoot anyway. Hurt both knees and both wrists but nothing broken.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:24 PM

The older we get the harder the fall. Glad to hear nothing is broken and no damaged tendon. Sometimes a tendon can be worse than a broken bone. Hope you mend soon.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:28 AM

It looks like we're very close to having our groups now so I'm off to cut my fabric today to be ready. Am getting very excited! I chose a black and white small flowered print that should go with just about anything but I will probably request bold or bright colors, if possible.

April, I hope you recover quickly!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:12 AM

Just got home from 4 days of camping. One thing I learned is smores DO NOT taste as good now as they did when we were kids! LOL Got all my envelopes stuffed and sealed and stamped...just waiting for names! Get better April! You have had it rough lately!
Old 07-08-2013, 05:26 AM

I spent this weekend cutting and stuffing. I got one small slow group finished and ready to mail, also a F'8 swap I am in. I have to go to physical therapy this morning and then will spend the rest of the afternoon cutting and stuffing for the small fast group.
I am thinking if I should take on another small group. April if you need another small group, let me know and I can help out.
I also spent some time in organizing my sewing room so that when fabric comes in for blocks I will have a clean area in which to make the blocks.
I cut my fabric in 18X11 segments. This means for a small group you need 21/2 yards. One of my fabrics is dark blue with butterflies all over it and the next small group is Christmas fabrics.
I have a question. When we finish someone's block, do we send the block and whatever fabric is left over back with the block?
It has been a couple of years since I have done any swapping and I really want to get everything right.
April, I hope you are feeling better.

Last edited by sunrise450; 07-08-2013 at 05:29 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
When we finish someone's block, do we send the block and whatever fabric is left over back with the block?
Ohh - good question, sunrise. Hadn't thought about that!
Old 07-08-2013, 05:46 AM

The leftover fabric (IF there is any left) is yours to keep unless they noted they want it back.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:55 AM

Thank you all again for the well wishes. I think I bruised the base of my thumb pretty bad so it still hurts depending on how I move it but I'll get there.
Sadly my laptop died yesterday. Hubby keeps fixing it but I think it is time for a new one. I will finish the groups at work today on my lunch hour and get them off.
Thank you all for your patience with me..sorry it has been so slogged this go round!!
GaGa I did not receive an email from you so please send me one to [email protected] ASAP so I can get you in to a group
Hugs
April