Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0  Signups now CLOSED :) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Old 07-08-2013, 07:03 PM

I was so excited about names I went to the Post office today and bought a load of forever stamps and the next ones up 67c in case I folded a few the wrong way so I am sticking them tonight and they are literally ready to hit the mail. yahoo...

April as you age a bit your still way young, each time you fall it hurts a bit more and for a while longer. I give it a 3 day rule before I even hit the doc. I know I ache in places I didnt know when I fall. I can hit nothing, know nothing is broken and boy it hurts to bend, sit, reach you name it. I feel for you girl. Are we having team leaders in each swap since your not participating? if so I volunteer to lead one of the swaps I am in.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:22 PM

April, I hope all is well in your home tonight, not sure if the ER trip was for you or for Hubby, but I hope it is better now!

Eh, Linda where are you leading us too? hehe... I will follow you, where ever you may go... Ok not a good singer here!

I had a very busy day rearranging furniture, cleaning the house. Yesterday I even defrosted the fridge! If I did not know any better I swear you would think I was nesting, you know just before your life changes and you add the bundle of noise to your life!!!! Ok we all know I am way to old for that! Maybe I am just missing my little 3 year old darling.

Also thinking of all the work that went into dis-assembling ones life, it is not easy and I think that the "stuff" we gather over a life time and leave for someone else to clean up is not always a good thing. My Aunt had lived in the same house for 50 years! you would have been amazed at the STUFF!

OK I will go back to waiting for ideas on my next big project, as if I don't already have enough to work on! Ha, I need a new fresh one, but I bet if I dig deep enough I will find one that feels new!

Linda if you are still up call me, I am bored... I need motivation
Old 07-09-2013, 05:17 AM

April, when you send the lists out will you include instructions for the mail merge to be able to print the labels again? I dont have much luck getting it to work but want to try again...so much easier than writing out all the names!!
Old 07-09-2013, 06:07 AM

Sorry for the delay...are we ALL eager now?? Trip to the ER was for hubby. He has had two back surgeries, he now has a lovely titanium cage and screws in his lower back (since 2008) but yesterday he couldn't even stand up straight nor lift his right leg . They think he pulled some muscle that starts at the lower back and runs around and over the top of the thigh (can't remember the name of it) Anyways he got a shot and was able to move a little better. We shall see what his back doctor says about the CT scan and such... they had told him years ago a lot of his discs were bad and would eventually go on him..perhaps more have
Joan I will include the mail merge directions in my email out to everyone, I just have to find what I did with the destructions lolol
Hugs
April
Old 07-09-2013, 06:44 AM

Do you all send your fabric and blocks out in a regular white business sized envelope? I know they need to be in a zip lock bag.
Thanks for any advice. This is my first time doing this.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:06 AM

I use the regular business sized envelopes, and I know many do. Also, when using baggies, the simple fold over baggies work best so you don't have the zip lock in the way. Also, several use the press and seal wrap or just regular plastic wrap. Personally, with the heat, I use just regular saran wrap. It is easier to get off the fabric. The press and seal is great, but I so hate trying to get the fabric away from it.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:08 AM

Thanks for the reply QuilterMomma.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:14 AM

I hate the press and seal wraps too. They are so hard to get off. I use saran wrap and it works find. It helps the fabric to lie flat and it is protected. I also put a return label on the saran wrap just in case something happens in travel. I also just use an office size white envelop. It works for me.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:16 AM

Hoping to have our list before I leave on vacation next week. But if I don't then my mailing will wait a week. Not a big deal one way or the other. It will still be done within the 3 week deadline.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
Hoping to have our list before I leave on vacation next week. But if I don't then my mailing will wait a week. Not a big deal one way or the other. It will still be done within the 3 week deadline.
I am finalizing them now working on group names so yup you will have it before you leave on vacation
Hugs
April