Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 05-07-2010, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by ReRe
I have 3 orphan blocks that I have gotten confused. I got mixed up on which one went to where and now need ya'lls help. If one of the following 3 belong to you please send me a PM with which one is yours. I have the blocks already made but don't know which one to send them to. I can get these out in the mail and on their way home as soon as their mommy or daddy lay claim to them. They are:
Hi
The 2nd fabric is from JaneCat. :wink: Even though, in a previous post, you had indicated that you had not received a F8 from JaneCat. ;-)
Old 05-07-2010, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by salmonsweet
And... Am I not a lucky girl. 8-)
Well, how coincidental is that? Jetnica's batik in your pinwheel is the same one that I used as the center square of your block. I'm so glad you like your block!
Old 05-07-2010, 12:33 PM

Got a block from ReRe today. Will post pic later.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:08 PM

Thanks to all who responded here and in PM about my orphan blocks. I can now send them home to the proper parents. They are excited to get to play together a little longer.

ReRe
Old 05-07-2010, 03:03 PM

Rec'd F8th from Neoma today and finished blocks yesterday from ReRe and sandannie. Thanks ladies.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:28 PM

Received a beautiful block today from ReRe. Thank you.

ReRe
[ATTACH=CONFIG]50229[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-50229.jpe  
Old 05-07-2010, 04:45 PM

I received fabric from Neoma today and I will be sending completed blocks tomorrow! :)
Old 05-07-2010, 05:06 PM

Okay Ladies and Gentleman :-)
I received an F8 from Neoma today and a fabulous block from ReRe-thank you so much. I am going to post pictures of all of my blocks as soon as I find where the camera decided to up and walk away to lol

Now just for some gentle reminders which I like to do from time to time.

1). This swap is meant to be fun for everyone. It is designed for ALL levels of quilters and as such is not meant to be criticized. Everyone started somewhere. We should love all of the blocks we received because someone spent time on them just for YOU. If you have concern about a block you received please pm ME. We NEVER want to discourage a beginning quilter-we want to gently guide them in the right direction. As hostess of the swap I endeavor to make sure people have a good time and LEARN from this swap. This swap is a great tool for those who are beginners to look at blocks as they come in from more experienced quilters and see where they may be able to change things and do things differently.
2). When making blocks please check your seams. Just give them a glance to make sure the fabrics caught properly and there are no missed seams leaving holes somewhere. Most seams should be a scant quarter inch.
3). If using fabric put your hand under it. If your hand is very visible that is generally a good indication that the fabric may not wear well and the block could disintegrate quicker over time with washing. One of the hardest lessons to learn after you have put a lot of work in to something, is to wash it and it is threadbare :-(
4). All people can not shop in the LQS. The best fabric someone can afford is acceptable for this swap (taking in to consideration number 3 above).
5). We are not here to judge-we are here to encourage growth and love of quilting :-)

If anyone has any questions, concerns or comments as always please bring them to me :-)

I thank you all again for swapping-this swap really is a blast to see the different levels and learn from!
Hugs
April
Old 05-07-2010, 05:50 PM

I got a fat quarter from Neoma *loves me squishes*

and Such awesome awesome blocks ... keep 'em coming ;)
Old 05-07-2010, 08:03 PM

Status update from Purplemem...

I have received back blocks from the following:
buddy's mom, jetnica, oatw13, reneebobby, ReRe, Sewcornie

I DO NOT HAVE F8S from the following:
cjt_mama, CraftsbyRobin, Krazy4Quilts, Mosher92

On Tuesday (payday) I will be mailing the following blocks:
Aardvarq, Dettonlisas, janecat, KathyN, Kbunn, NancyinLA, Neoma, Norbanaquilts (in scrap box), Odessaquilts, ReRe, Suedonnie, Sugarpumpkin.

Have I missed anyone or any fabric????
hugs,
MJ