Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 07-09-2010, 07:51 PM

I received this wonderful block from Neoma today! I love the colors put in the squares. Thank you so much!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79517.jpe  
Old 07-09-2010, 08:24 PM

I am out for 3.0...I want to get to remodeling our house! It takes so much extra energy to do that!
Old 07-09-2010, 10:49 PM

I love the freedom of choosing our blocks to go with the fabrics we receive from each other.It allows to try somany different patterns and/or techniques in my opinion that is the uniqueness and fun of it. I agree I would like to see it go to a lesser #of blocks.
the Quilt Bee swap offers you theme choice if that is the way you choose to go.
However lets remember April has been so gracious and kind to coordinate this for us and she will decide how it should work next round. There will be those that can do it and there will be others who will decide they will wait til another time its o.k. we all have other commitments.
I'm not sure yet whether round 3 is a go for me or not but I have so enjoyed this swap I will be back for sure.
Thanks April for all you've done.
Muriel
Old 07-09-2010, 10:52 PM

I have just been scrolling through your thread. You guys have done an amazing amount of beautiful work.

I would love to join in if you decide to have a round 3.

Tricia
Old 07-10-2010, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I got two purty blocks today,
one from mistliz and one from S. Carr ? boardname.
They are both beautiful and entirely different.

I agree that we might consider shrinking to 18 or 24, and agree on a neutral, and maybe postpone until January. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at this time and am rocky on my commitment to 3.0 because of this. But, I've already bought the fabric!

So....let's keep talking! ;)
Purplemem, I am S. Carr ... there should have been a little slip of paper with the name of the block (hand written) and my boardname and where I am pre-printed, but I may have had a brain cramp when I was putting it in the envelope :oops:
Old 07-10-2010, 03:41 AM

I want to be included in # 3 also
Old 07-10-2010, 04:57 AM

Count me in for round 3. I good to start whenever!!!
Old 07-10-2010, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by AkAngel
I love the freedom of choosing our blocks to go with the fabrics we receive from each other.It allows to try somany different patterns and/or techniques in my opinion that is the uniqueness and fun of it. I agree I would like to see it go to a lesser #of blocks.
the Quilt Bee swap offers you theme choice if that is the way you choose to go.
However lets remember April has been so gracious and kind to coordinate this for us and she will decide how it should work next round. There will be those that can do it and there will be others who will decide they will wait til another time its o.k. we all have other commitments.
I'm not sure yet whether round 3 is a go for me or not but I have so enjoyed this swap I will be back for sure.
Thanks April for all you've done.
Muriel
I have loved doing this swap and really enjoyed the learning and seeing different ways of doing things ...

I meant no disrespect of April or of the way the swap was created or set up ... just thowing out suggestions of thinking of different ways so folks could participate ...

I apologize if I upset anyone or hurt your feelings April ... it truly was not my intent.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:23 AM

Morning Ladies and Gentleman :-)

First let me say I have not been offended by anyone at all :-) One of the greatest things about this nation is our freedom of speech and I for one am a firm believer in everyone voicing their opinions, thoughts, concerns, etc. and would never ever be hurt by someone exercising that right :-) After all many men and women have died to give us said right!

Second I have been doing a lot of thinking and here is what I came up with:

As AKAngel (thank you Muriel) pointed out the great part of this swap is the ability to do any number of different blocks and to stretch your box by using fabrics you may never have chosen before and finding out in the end hey I really like this and could make something for myself or a friend or family member. I do not mind breaking it down in to groups of 24 but anything less than that I think turns in to to small of a top. I like to make sure when a swap is done you have enough blocks to make a decent size top for yourself or loved one or that special charity :-)

I was also thinking since the holidays are coming of extending 3.0 deadline to four months instead of three. This may give everyone a little more breathing room with the holidays but let them still partake in a swap that really is a LOT of FUN :-)

So what does everyone think of making 3.0 24 swappers per group with a four month deadline and then start 4.0 in January of 2011?

I am very happy to see the new members who are looking to join 3.0 and our current members who are continuing on. Believe me though I am the first one who can understand when you can not continue in the next round because life does have a way of getting in the way lol

I love all of the blocks I am seeing-such a wonderfully talented group of people we have on this board.

I am also blessed to have made so many wonderful friends through this swap and as long as I can see and type and breathe I will run this swap (or as long as admin lets me :-) )

I also received a great block from Mistiliz yesterday-thank you so much. Will post a picture when my camera batteries are done charging.

I love all of the blocks I have received and can not wait to actually start producing some quilts lol

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hugs
April
Old 07-10-2010, 06:06 AM

Im good with what ever you want to do Just PLEASE, PLEASE , count me as one of those 24.