Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 04-08-2010, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by AkAngel
Odessa,
I want to thank you for the great suggestion about how to make the swap a bit more time manageable with work, family and just life in general. I have everything ready to go out but I don't know why I hadn't thought about how to break it down in bite size pieces when I actually get to the assembling of the blocks. I think I just get so held up on looking at patterns and stuff, boy if I spent as much time into actually making the blocks and quilts as I do looking at patterns I'd get a lot done...lol
but thanks for the suggestions and you can believe I'm going to use them. I love this group someone always has great ideas and everyone is so helpful and supportive.
Thanks again,
Muriel
Glad I could help. I am DETERMINED to get my 1.0 blocks finished this weekend, then put away the bits of stash that are lying around. That way I can start afresh for 2.0. When the squishies start coming in, you'll feel as if you've hit the motherlode. Don't get discouraged, though, because 36 (well, 35 actually, since you don't count yourself! :oops: ) blocks IS do-able. You've just got to be persistent, organized, and determined.

And if you get stuck, just remember: every material has another one out there that will make it "shine". Your job is to find that material. Even if you end up doing "just a simple 9-patch", you're sure to have stretched those creativity cells in your brain. I am not certain I REALLY liked every block I've done for 1.0, but the recipients are genuinely happy to get them and for that I am grateful.

[I'll tell you a story: the first fabric I got for 1.0 was something I had never seen before, and it was sooooooo cute! I loved it, but everything I wanted to do with it was not possible. It is STILL at my house, and I still do not have a plan for it, but several ideas have come to me in the last day or two. I WILL get it done! -- and I will miss it when it's gone, as that piece of material has become my "friend" ... I sometimes ask it what it wants to be, or just tell it I will find it other fabrics to play with and I know it sounds nuts, but it is the process that seems to work for me. Don't worry. You'll do just great at this! I have confidence in you.]

Odessa
Old 04-08-2010, 08:58 AM

Is it okay that I don't send my fabrics out right away? My son is turning 4 on the 17th and I'm trying so hard to finish his bed quilt before then. I'm anticipating I have another 20-25 hours of handquilting to go on it, so all other projects are on hold until I get it done. I should be able to mail out my fabrics on the 19th or 20th if no one minds that they're a little late.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
Is it okay that I don't send my fabrics out right away? My son is turning 4 on the 17th and I'm trying so hard to finish his bed quilt before then. I'm anticipating I have another 20-25 hours of handquilting to go on it, so all other projects are on hold until I get it done. I should be able to mail out my fabrics on the 19th or 20th if no one minds that they're a little late.
Connie,

I don't mind at all!!! If everyone mails all the fabric out at once, some are going to have to wait anyway!

:lol:
Old 04-08-2010, 09:48 AM

Sew Cornie,
No worries on when they get out as long as it is not the end of June :-) You do not have to rush to get them out as soon as you get the list. Take a little time if you need it :-)
I have emailed the list so everyone please check your inboxes or spam and let me know you got the list :-)
Let the fun begin!
Hugs
April
Old 04-08-2010, 09:55 AM

And the fun begins.....DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN
Old 04-08-2010, 10:07 AM

Got it!!! Will mail Saturday probably.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:09 AM

Thanks for letting me know :-)
Hugs
April
Old 04-08-2010, 10:13 AM

Got it, my details are correct. Thank you so much April.
Yaaaayyy!!!!

Post office now closed over here, hoping to post tomorrow between client sessions, will let you all know.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:17 AM

Woohoo I can feel the excitement building :-)
Hugs
April
Old 04-08-2010, 10:31 AM

I got my list ...My information is correct.