Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 04-30-2010, 08:17 AM

Hi Everyone,
Sorry it has taken me so long to come and update what I've received. I have been on "vacation" yesterday and today!

I have received things from the following:
Aardvarq - F8
Janecat - F8
Salmonsweet - The MOST beautiful block! "Crossed Canoes" I LOVE this pattern!!!! You make beautiful blocks!
tink121272 - a most BEAUTIFUL Churn Dash block! It will go great with my crossed canoes from salmonsweet!
mishnjim - the most adorable baby bud block!
sewcornie - F8 and a beautiful Churn Dash block! Great color choices!
CraftsbyRobin - F8 and a LOVELY 9 patch block. I love the color you chose to go with my f8!
buddysmom - the most beautiful pieces block! I LOVE it soooo much!!!

I realize some of these might be duplicate postings. I had lost my sheet and found it again so I was just updating whatever I needed to update on it!

Thanks so much everyone! You're all doing the most wonderful job!!
Old 04-30-2010, 10:09 AM

I have been out of town for the last week and when I got home I had TONS of squishies:
Buddy's Mom
Goldendog
Janecat
Karen
Kathy N
Kbunn
LovingIsabella
mishnjim
PurpleMem
SewCornie
Star
Suedonnie

I received BLOCKS from Oatw13 & Jetnica!! They are my first ones!! Yippy! I love them both. I will post pics later! Thanks!!

I am SO glad I joined this swap!!
Old 04-30-2010, 10:12 AM

I received an F8 from Aardvarq beautiful!

I also got a gorgeous block back from Jetnica!!! Oh it is perfect!! Will post a pic this afternoon!!
Old 04-30-2010, 10:49 AM

Received a F8 from janecat and a finished block from tink. Am good to go.

I still have all those finished blocks ready to go home and payday is on Monday so ... most likely I will be hitting up the post office on Tuesday.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have had such fun doing this I already have my material chose for my next several swaps. White, R&W&B, Blur, Brown. Only question is, which one will I use when.

ReRe
Old 04-30-2010, 11:00 AM

Today's mail run found 4 more squishy envelopes ....
2 F8's ... from Aardvarq and JaneCat
2 blocks .... from ReRe and Tink121272

from Tink
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28202[/ATTACH]

from ReRe
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28203[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-28202.jpe   attachment-28203.jpe  
Old 04-30-2010, 11:51 AM

I'm pretty sure I posted about receiving squilshes, but I couldn't find it so I'm posting again:

F8s this week from:
Kbunn
CraftsbyRobin
Aardvarq
Kathy N

Blocks this week from:
CraftsbyRobin
Mishnjim
Kathy N

This is so happy-inducing!! =) I will sew what I have this weekend hopefully, and send out more finished blocks on Monday.

CraftsbyRobin - 9 Patch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29385[/ATTACH]

mishnjim - ???
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29386[/ATTACH]

Kathy N - Around the Block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29387[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-29385.jpe   attachment-29386.jpe   attachment-29387.jpe  
Old 04-30-2010, 12:14 PM

All these blocks that have been posted are so wonderful! Thank you everyone for sharing your talent and skill. This is such a great swap to be in.

F8 from Aardvarq today - I love it.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:46 PM

Today I received a F8 from JaneCat and it is just beautiful; I can't wait to work with it.

Have to tell you all what happened when I went to the Post Office this afternoon to mail my F8's. I had taken so much time to press the fabric, cut it, fold it, insert into zippy bags, address envies, etc., etc., etc. I took all 35 to the post office in a big cloth bag, but had not sealed any of the envelopes (thinking if it was too thick to make the 1/4" allowance, I would come home, remove from the packaging, press the snot out of each one, re-package, then return to mail them all). Smart, right?

Wellllllllllllll.........I grabbed ONE envelope and went in, requesting the amount for mailing. The lady behind the counter told me 98 cents. I was a little flabbergasted, since that meant the envelope had to weigh more than 3.4 oz. each! Well, I bought 35 stamps at 98 cents each. Makes sense, right?

I left, and got about 1/4 mile down the street and was stopped at a light and decided to look at the stamp. It was lovely and I of course did not have my glasses on so I could not see the price on it right away. Here I am, angling the card with all these stamps on it to determine where the pricing was and then I saw it: they all had little AIRPLANES on them next to the price.

Ding! The light bulb above my head went on -- these were all AIR MAIL stamps! Then I grabbed the envelope I had taken with me and sure enough it was the only one that had to go overseas! Yikes!

Fortunately, Essexville is a tiny little town, so I turned around and went right back to the post office. It took 2 ladies working the computer to figure out how to void out the transaction and then refund my money before we determined that I only needed ONE airmail stamp and 34 regular, first-class stamps.

Then, of course, when I told them how it was that I had brought them that one particular envelope, I make the statement, "what are the odds?" Well, DUH! The odds are one in 35, you idiot!

If I wanted to take a mass mailing again with only one envelope that had to go overseas, I would NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS be able to pull out just that one overseas envelope without pawing through the whole stack!

I just thought you might all get a chuckle out of my trials and tribulations at the local post office. I know I did!

Happy weekend everyone!

Odessa
Old 04-30-2010, 12:52 PM

Odessa that is funny!! LOL!!
Old 04-30-2010, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Karen
Odessa that is funny!! LOL!!
So glad I could make your day. :lol: I just seem to go through life, finding silver linings wherever I am ..... :idea: