Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 8.0 Now closed for Signups >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 8.0 Now closed for Signups

Boomerang Friendship Swap 8.0 Now closed for Signups

Old 08-01-2012, 06:38 PM

Barbara, keep working on it and trust in hope that it will come back. Lost mine 10 yrs ago to nerve problems and it was a whole lot of work, terrific OT help and belief. Today you would never know and I am sewing and stitching again. Don't give up and try. I am happy your doing well enough to write us! Keep watching, its inspiration.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:12 PM

I love the critters~ so cute. I once told a girlfriend that if you can think of it I guarantee they have put it on fabric!

I have my fabric cut and bagged, ready for the addresses. I am going with Christmas-themed quilt. The colors are not your typical Christmas Green and Red, but still will work. I will post pic's as soon as I find my camera~ my sewing room is a mess.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:52 PM

So...for those wondering what to do with their Boom squares when they get them...here is a sneak peak of my work in progress for the Boom Swap 7.0. Got my last square yesterday and have gotten this far in 2 nights. I have 2 squares left over that will be showcased on the back side.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]353029[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails boom-squares.jpg  
Old 08-01-2012, 08:01 PM

Beautiful! Loved the colors!
Donna
Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
So...for those wondering what to do with their Boom squares when they get them...here is a sneak peak of my work in progress for the Boom Swap 7.0. Got my last square yesterday and have gotten this far in 2 nights. I have 2 squares left over that will be showcased on the back side.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]353029[/ATTACH]
Old 08-01-2012, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
mmmmm since I do live in Possum Trot...this could very well be the fabric I send out to 15 lucky people...could be could be ... guess we'll wait and see now won't we my little pretties

[ATTACH=CONFIG]353002[/ATTACH]

Possum Pleasure Quilt...has a nice ring to it

Are y'all up for a challenge
that is cute fabric of the possumms even though i dont like them one chace me once,and ihave one hangin around my barn
Old 08-01-2012, 08:15 PM

Iam sending out all shades of purple ,would likes yellows an green,goin to send sample of colors iam usein,well have them ready thiso week
Old 08-02-2012, 05:16 AM

All -- if you have special requests for colors, please help us remember by putting a note in the package when you mail it out. I know I won't remember all of the special requests without a visual aid (ok a note) to keep with the f8. This will really help me and I'm sure it will really help everyone else too.

If there's no note, then I take it to mean you have no preferences/scheme and we can do whatever colors go nicely .
Old 08-02-2012, 07:31 AM

I would like to be in the Lump of Coal group please. I am not sure I am ready for the Emerald or Diamond group yet lol. Ok, Rubies for me thank you very much.

That quilt is beautiful and who snuck into my yard to photograph MY animals? Next thing you know I will find my turkeys all over the internet too! You have to stop chumming for critters my dear. Then they will be to full to wander back over here.

Off to work on my amish block. Then to write those notes, goal of the day. My poor little fingers will be worn out writing to all of you. I can't wait to get my packages and see what everyone is working with. Its fun I think stepping outside of the box. I am struggling with some dumb bee fabrics my sis gave me to work with for her. Its one of those one of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesnt belong. Argh.. and she wants all of those things in that quilt. Another challenge. (hey .. on the backside?... nah..but how does one put primaries and then one random baby pink in a quit and make it work. .time will tell) Have a wonderful day .. back tonight to see whatis up. You guys are addicting. Thanks. An addiction I can handle.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:45 AM

Your possum fabric is just adorable!! What a fun quilt you will have!!!

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
mmmmm since I do live in Possum Trot...this could very well be the fabric I send out to 15 lucky people...could be could be ... guess we'll wait and see now won't we my little pretties

[ATTACH=CONFIG]353002[/ATTACH]

Possum Pleasure Quilt...has a nice ring to it

Are y'all up for a challenge
Old 08-02-2012, 10:36 AM

MoonWork ... I'm up for some Possum Stew! I've got some lovely woodsy batiks and some northcott stonehenge fabrics that would really blend nicely with those critters!

And if you really were not head-over-heels with sending possum fabric and getting Possum Stew in return ... then I guess you'll just have join TWO groups!