Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 8.0 Now closed for Signups >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 8.0 Now closed for Signups

Boomerang Friendship Swap 8.0 Now closed for Signups

Old 08-16-2012, 10:27 PM

dear Lord I hope she grew them in her garden.. I was trying to picture them growing on the kitchen window sill and suddenly that was one big window. i know I know, those are trick quarters. Like doll house sized right? like in those old fashioned post cards where dogs look like dinasaurs? yeah, trick tatters.. or trick bucks which are the only kind I have right now.. hey where did you goooo??

quiltermomma you cant fool me, you just want that candy and figure if I tossed in that mutt you would get your candy faster. ok. ok to faster candy... you did want me to eat it for you right?
Old 08-17-2012, 04:28 AM

My fabric is ready to go, and I am laughing so hard I can't thread my sewing machine (ok, that is hard for me to do even when not laughing) Moonwork - my fabric has ladybugs on a black background! Some unlucky person is getting 7 5' by 5' charms of it though, as the length of the piece was short.
Judging by the number of projects Quiltermomma has going right now, how about sending her some caffeine, too? But Elizabrat honey, you stay away from that, ok? Oh wait... then I won't get to laugh so hard....
Old 08-17-2012, 06:37 AM

No trick on those spuds, honest. They are truly that big. And the green peppers. Lots of large tomatoes, just waiting for those, all still green and fried green tomatoes just isn't my thing. Our garden is all natural which I love, no sprays for bugs etc. Hubby is a fanatic at it. This year we used fish emulsion to fertilize about a month ago. I was floored when he brought those spuds in the kitchen last night. Wanted to make curly fries but they won't fit in the machine. He says this week end they're all going to be dug. Both of my sons are coming home next week-end for a 4 day mini trip so can ship some off with them to Denver, CO and Bellingham, WA.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:55 AM

And CA, dont forget CA.. I so wish I could eat a potato. Its off the list too much potasium.. sure miss those. oh heck send one it would make a GREAT conversation piece and I know my sons could inhale that. Wouldnt have to make anything to go with it. oh oh feed a family of four Latkes.. yum on one potato!! um.. curly fries ? machines? they have a machine to cut your fries? wow. where have I been? (at the chopping board, peeling, slicing, cutting, cubing but never ever curling) I think it would take several batches for your one monster potato. Take it to the fair. That is fair material. Oh forgot your sending me one!
think you can use a little less fish emulsion next year.. that or start selling them at your own fruit/veggie stand. big bucks for the tourist attraction. Curiosity, do you live on a farm/ranch? in the country? must have great soil..
Old 08-17-2012, 07:28 AM

Nope, I love Butterfinger Candy bars, they have that yummy milk chocolate on the outside with a special surprise on the inside, just like the Caramellos or Rolos. Ohh Ohh Ohh, another one I really love is the Skor bar. Toffee in the center of that one. See, then each of our blocks will have the special surprise because we know what the outside is (our fabric) then the surprise when it comes back home.
Originally Posted by goldendog55 View Post
QuilterMomma, Wouldn't we all hate to be in a 'ButterFingers' group? Who knows what the blocks would look like?
Old 08-17-2012, 07:33 AM

WOW, there huge, my garden didn't do well at all, I usally have cumbers coming out my!!! but not this year, a few but even the tomatoes & peppers arn't doing to well. Now as for my spuds, haven't checked them yet, but sure there not doing so well either.??

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
No trick on those spuds, honest. They are truly that big. And the green peppers. Lots of large tomatoes, just waiting for those, all still green and fried green tomatoes just isn't my thing. Our garden is all natural which I love, no sprays for bugs etc. Hubby is a fanatic at it. This year we used fish emulsion to fertilize about a month ago. I was floored when he brought those spuds in the kitchen last night. Wanted to make curly fries but they won't fit in the machine. He says this week end they're all going to be dug. Both of my sons are coming home next week-end for a 4 day mini trip so can ship some off with them to Denver, CO and Bellingham, WA.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:34 AM

Oh I love all these as well, the heath bar was one of my favorites. Of coarse my Dr wouldn't agree!!!

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Nope, I love Butterfinger Candy bars, they have that yummy milk chocolate on the outside with a special surprise on the inside, just like the Caramellos or Rolos. Ohh Ohh Ohh, another one I really love is the Skor bar. Toffee in the center of that one. See, then each of our blocks will have the special surprise because we know what the outside is (our fabric) then the surprise when it comes back home.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:36 AM

Fair time is over here, had not a clue what was waiting for us underground, or I probably would have.He said he didn't even mix it to the strength your suppose to. That stuff works, 1 cup to 10 gal. There's a guy here that does all organic hay, oats etc. and feeds cattle so he can sell the beef that way. Gets high dollar per pound for that cow, but I bought some "fish" from him. We live in a very little speck on the map town, between 2 larger ones. Ralston is a big population of 105 people but we absolutely love it. I don't know acre or not but our house and shop are on land that is about 9 city lots. Not alot for around here, but plenty for us to take care of. The soil is mostly sand, nice for growing but sure sucks up the water. Oh well, what do you do to have the quiet life. And yup! many years ago in my buy every new kitchen gadget they came out with stage, low and behold an electric curly fry machine. Had to have it and still use it alot, specially when kids come home and grandkids, they love 'em! Thank heaven for our big commercial fryer, it'll be used next weekend for sure.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:37 AM

Would love to be visiting for those curly fries homemade. Oh darn!
Old 08-17-2012, 07:40 AM

We'll make some when you get here!!