Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang Friendship Swap 8.0 Now closed for Signups

hi 'elisabrat' i know how you feel about working out the colours etc,

how about marking the pattern, if it says 'fabric A', 'fabric B', 'fabric C' and you are using 3 different colours or patterns...
    mark next to 'fabric A' blue with a colour pencil and the same with the others with red or green pencil (obviously with your proper colours lol...) i would even go right through the pattern and mark all the way through to the end with the pencils, just so you know you have got it right...
    it would save yourself a lot of time and fabric!!!
    if it's fabrics with large, med & small patterns to it, then mark 'fabric A' = lg, 'fabric B' = med, 'fabric C' = sm...
    and so on...

if you don't want to 'mark' your book, then maybe take a photocopy and alter that...

i hope this helps, (or at least makes sense!!) it sure helps me!!
    good luck!!
    xxxx
    Jacquie xxxxx

Quilters aren't greedy, they're just materialistic.

"Don't be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Another question... I was writing my note today and wondered, do we request any scraps back? I don't care either way. But, it there was a piece I could use in a scrappy border... that would be fun.
    "Wimpy Christian's won't survive spiritual warfare"- Carman

Blog Entries
    Elisabrat, Sometimes when changing colors is giving me fits, I draw the pattern on graph paper and then color it with crayons so I can "see" how to cut each piece. That is especially helpful when I am reversing dark and light values.
    http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/bibliostone/library/
    Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.
    -- Eleanor Hibbert,
    British author

Elisabrat,
    Me too, send me the practice blocks! Love it, you won't have any problems in this swap. Everyone appreciates a nice block!
    Life is Good!

Visit my blog, closed the website:

http://charlottescreationsanew.blogspot.com/

I have all my material ready to go. This will be fun. I used some different materials. My main is material from Australia...Babuska dolls. I will need the scraps back from that. My other it doesn't matter but I will put a note in with the material. I just love what anyone comes up with. I am looking forward to getting everyone else's material to work on. Let me know if you need your scraps back.
    Last edited by urgodschild2; 08-03-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Quote Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
    mmmmm since I do live in Possum Trot...this could very well be the fabric I send out to 15 lucky people...could be could be ... guess we'll wait and see now won't we my little pretties

Attachment 353002

Possum Pleasure Quilt...has a nice ring to it

Are y'all up for a challenge
    Oh I love the possums. I would love to work on this. I have kangaroo material that I h aven't decided what to do with yet. Google Australian Possums. I saw a dead one down there and I couldn't figure out what it was. It doesn't look like our possums at all. They are furry little critters.

Barb
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Name:  DSC_0146.JPG
Views: 147
Size:  1.31 MB
    this is my babuskha fabric that I got in Australia. I got there last 3 yards. So not enough for everyone to play with but a few of you. LOL.

I am willing to exchange with those in other countries too.

very cool fabric!
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

That is so cute! My best friend just showed me her nesting dolls she received from her sis in Russia. And here to post.. babuskas! I wonder if you needed more if you could find it on Ebay? Seems Ebay has everything these days.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Today I hired the neighbor girl to come and help me organize my sewing room! Yippie, I found my Camera, found my fabric for the swap so I got some pictures. The Room looks so nice now I have to start a project soon.

While I am recovering from "heavy" sewing(I still have a 5 lb limit on lifting) I am doing some decoupage. It is turning out so cute. I am making a piggy bank for my GD, she will be 3 in October and she is learning to count money!

The funny thing is she already understands Pennies are the ones she does not want but she still thinks nickles are worth more than dimes... Anyway I thought It would be fun to make her a bank.

With my limitation I can make blocks, sew small pieces together, but I want to finish my Quilts!

ElizaBrat, with all those extra pieces make a scrappy quilt. But I am sorry you have memory loss, there is nothing worse than know you know but not being able to remember what it was! Mine is just Aging, the older I get the more I forget what I went down stairs for!

All my Squishes are ready for the mail!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Quote Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
    Name:  DSC_0146.JPG
Views: 147
Size:  1.31 MB
    this is my babuskha fabric that I got in Australia. I got there last 3 yards. So not enough for everyone to play with but a few of you. LOL.

I got some good fabric that will go nicely with your "girls." Looking forward to see if you are in my group.

I have not tried ebay to look for this material. good suggestion. I saw it here on one of the swaps as someone in Australia had it. When I was there visiting my daughter, I checked all the patchwork shops that I could get to and no one had it. I finally found it on line and had to have it delivered from Sydney. It is very pricey.......about 22 per meter. I have never bought on ebay so I will check that out.

Barb

Blog Entries

First time Boomer!

Love the fabrics and blocks that are being posted. You guys are FAST!!!

I can't wait to send you this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Blog Entries
    I love the Fruit, and the dolls, it is going to be so fun playing with all the fabric. I forgot to post my picture after I whined about losing my camera! so here it is, a nice Christmas quilt is what I have in mind.
    Name:  P8030010.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  1.05 MB

Blog Entries
    I did notice how many cats are here, we should create a cat lovers quilt. I bought some really cool cat fabric a while ago but don't have enough to do anything except us as an accent color.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Fraew, I think you're copying my fabric. now what's the chance of that? (must be great minds think alike)heehee Everyone's fabrics looks very interesting indeed!! How fun

urgodschile that is amazing fabric , I love it! So viberant!
    Long Arm Quilter and Fabriholic.
    Life cant get any better than that.

Mary Beth I am sending Christmas fabric with cardinals on it too! Love Cardinals..I love Owls the most though!

yosamitesa,
    I got the fabric with all the words on it this weekend to go with yours, so if I am in your group I will ask you not to send that one! LOL

Does anyone know a quick way to load the pictures, I am not very good at it since the site changed,,I would like to send pictures of my fabrics and my finished booms!

I love your fabric's, I can't wait to get started.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Urgodschild ... I've got some lovely golds to pop those dolls!

Fraew ... I might have to nibble on yours
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

FYI- I've been purchasing fabric on Amazon.com. It usually comes from fabric stores and has been very good quality.
    I have found some really fun fabrics that I haven't purchased also. Need to spend some time seaching for a fabric for this swap as I am away from home and all of my stash until mid Oct. Check out Amazon ladies.
    Linda58

"A human being has a natural desire to have more of a good thing than he needs." --Mark Twain

Amazon is great but the shipping is high to me...also look at thousands of bolts and fabric .com..after 35.00 shipping is free. I just got some timeless treasures egyptiasn fabric for 8.00 vs 12.00 in quilt shops..also thousands of bolts I can afford to but my brand name backings,,

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast