Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 8.0 Now closed for Signups >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 8.0 Now closed for Signups

Boomerang Friendship Swap 8.0 Now closed for Signups

Old 08-28-2012, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
So I don't forget Nexxus, Happy Birthday this coming weekend. I do not usually get on the computer during the weekend because so busy quilting and such, so thought I better say it early.
thank you Quiltermomma. For some reason I had totally forgotten about it until my best friend reminded me at dinner on Sunday. I try to forget them...LOL...I don't even remember how old I am.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:01 PM

I have some extra fabric from my swap, if anyone is interested in an extra swap let me know.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:04 PM

Melinda, I know what you mean, I can't remember how old I am either! But my son who is going to be 35 in a few months told me I am no longer 39! Darn kids have to go a ruin it for me!

Happy birthday, you better pamper your self for the day~
Old 08-28-2012, 02:09 PM

I sent out a lot of blocks going home... If you get a block with a postage stamp and a metered stamp, this is what I have to deal with all the time! The young man at the post office today tried shoving the envelopes through the little slot at an angle... needless to say I had to pay extra for all but 2 of them!

maybe I will just deliver them on Monday mornings when the girl who is very sweet is working!

I hate giving up and letting them win, but I am tired of fighting them and might just do swaps where hostess exchanges blocks, and I get them all at the same time! Frustrating for sure!
Old 08-28-2012, 02:20 PM

Hi again Ladies
Just to let you know I got 3 more F8 in the mail today..that makes 23..WoooHoooo...I received f8 from the following Ladies
girlscouts1
sheriR
Linda58
Hope ya all have a great day!!!
Kathy
Old 08-28-2012, 06:46 PM

Hey does any one remember what page the instructions are on for mail merging the excel spread sheet to make labels...I always forget,,,I tried tonight but there must be a step I am not doing correctly...Thanks for any help I was trying to mget in mail today but no time to print all the adresses and return addresses so until I figure this out they will sit.. Thanks...I need step by step instructions I have microsoft word and excel
Old 08-29-2012, 06:18 AM

Happy Birthday Nexxus!! Hope your day is wonderful!!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:32 AM

Hope you have a great birthday Nexxus!!
Old 08-29-2012, 10:54 AM

Instead of using the microsoft mail merge, I go to www.avery.com and do it online. Select "design and print online" and then choose labels. Just put in the template number for your labels (it should be somewhere on your package) and search that number. It will bring up lots of different styles of labels you can use. On mine, I used one that let me upload a graphic. I chose a quilt block and was very pleased with the way it printed. It asks if you want to do a mail merge and then asks for the file name. You then move over the fields that you want. Even though it only showed 3 lines, since I wanted to include the board name and group (which I added on my spreadsheet), I just put in spaces after the name until it went to the next line. I then added the graphic and printed them. Very easy. I also did a sheet with my own name, board name, address, & state with a different graphic. Again, super easy to do. Hope this helps if you don't here from anyone else.

Originally Posted by daisey View Post
Hey does any one remember what page the instructions are on for mail merging the excel spread sheet to make labels...I always forget,,,I tried tonight but there must be a step I am not doing correctly...Thanks for any help I was trying to mget in mail today but no time to print all the adresses and return addresses so until I figure this out they will sit.. Thanks...I need step by step instructions I have microsoft word and excel
Old 08-29-2012, 12:01 PM

This is what I got today...
Annaquilts
girlscouts1
Linda58
nanakathy55
ok darla
sheri R

I am hoping to get mine out on Tuesday. Thanks for all the fun I can have after the holiday weekend