Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open >

Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open

Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open

Old 03-03-2016, 12:47 PM

Quilt Addict Lisa - That is some fun material - so many options - so many fun ways to go with it.......

Janice - we aren't going anywhere (well no this month anyway) so don't stress. When you said you would do this - we told you that YOU come first.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:16 PM

Yikes Janice, I took care of my Dad's estate, know about those weird things that crop up. As quilt addict said breath take it easy. Family always comes first
Old 03-03-2016, 01:24 PM

All I mean by Romantic is soft, sweet and no bold fabrics. Usually I am 100% the opposite the brighter and bolder the better. Make any block you want, Duthchmans Puzzle, Sarah's choice anything as long as it's soft colors. I sent a sample of the pink and off white that I would love to see in the blocks. Didn't mean to cause a panic
Old 03-03-2016, 01:35 PM

Since we all know and understand that Janice is busy with family stuff, would someone mind sending me her address by PM? If not, I'll wait til I receive it from her. Either way is fine. Would like to get my bundle package in the mail today though.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:33 PM

Jclinganrey, check your pm!

I should have your email by tomorrow morning, if not sooner. Basically, nothing has changed between the last round and this one so you veterans will have zero surprises coming. My email is more for our first-timers but anyone who's been in a swap on the QB before knows the basic rules. Please be looking for the email tomorrow. My address will be at the bottom. It's an enticement to make you read the whole thing so don't try skipping down to the end for the mailing address. I'll know. Really I will!

Thank you to everyone who has joined Boom 16. Let's have fun!

Janice McC
Old 03-03-2016, 02:39 PM

Terriamn, no panic ...... yet lol lol lol.

I told you guys about the snow man fabric, really a departure for me all neutrally, and wintery, I don't even like pictures of snow and cold, but here it is, now really just HOW could I leave this in the remnant bin?????
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0080.jpg  
Old 03-03-2016, 03:43 PM

I just became aware that I never formally introduced myself.

I am Billi I grew up sewing and quilting with my mom and older sister. Mom was an excellent seamstress and owned her own business making custom drapes, bed spreads and slip covers. From a very young age all of us kids, even the boys helped out. Sometimes it was just extra hands were needed when the drapes were being fan folded in order to tack in the pleats and hang them, other times it was helping with the cutting or moving of heavy fabrics. As we got older we were helping with the construction on her heavy duty industrial sewing machines.

Later after she sold the business we started quilting for enjoyment. For several years we enjoyed playing in moms workroom, visiting (read) terrorizing quilt shops, and taking classes together. This was in the late 80's and early 90's. My mom and I even took a class from Eleanor Burns. Mom got sick late 90's and passed away 1999 and I had two small kids and lost all desire to sew anything. About 3 years ago I went with a friend to a quilt shop in the spur of the moment I bought a jelly roll and a pattern and made the quilt (pictured below) that started my obsession of making each of my 11 nieces and nephews a quilt to replace the ones I had made so many years ago. This one went to the oldest and his wife when I gave it to them he told me he still had the first one I made him. It's tattered and torn and put away with other childhood mementoes and he brought tears to my eyes. I still have three to go.

Anyway I don't know how I found QB probably researching something then I stumbled across boom 12 signups and joined. I have enjoyed everyone of them so much I found a way to justify joining this one and not create another UFO. For someone who only started sewing again 3 years ago I have ridiculous number of them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543955[/ATTACH]

I also tend to be overly chatty
Attached Thumbnails 20150305_122436-copy.jpg  
Old 03-03-2016, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I just became aware that I never formally introduced myself.

I am Billi I grew up sewing and quilting with my mom and older sister. Mom was an excellent seamstress and owned her own business making custom drapes, bed spreads and slip covers. From a very young age all of us kids, even the boys helped out. Sometimes it was just extra hands were needed when the drapes were being fan folded in order to tack in the pleats and hang them, other times it was helping with the cutting or moving of heavy fabrics. As we got older we were helping with the construction on her heavy duty industrial sewing machines.

Later after she sold the business we started quilting for enjoyment. For several years we enjoyed playing in moms workroom, visiting (read) terrorizing quilt shops, and taking classes together. This was in the late 80's and early 90's. My mom and I even took a class from Eleanor Burns. Mom got sick late 90's and passed away 1999 and I had two small kids and lost all desire to sew anything. About 3 years ago I went with a friend to a quilt shop in the spur of the moment I bought a jelly roll and a pattern and made the quilt (pictured below) that started my obsession of making each of my 11 nieces and nephews a quilt to replace the ones I had made so many years ago. This one went to the oldest and his wife when I gave it to them he told me he still had the first one I made him. It's tattered and torn and put away with other childhood mementoes and he brought tears to my eyes. I still have three to go.

Anyway I don't know how I found QB probably researching something then I stumbled across boom 12 signups and joined. I have enjoyed everyone of them so much I found a way to justify joining this one and not create another UFO. For someone who only started sewing again 3 years ago I have ridiculous number of them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543955[/ATTACH]

I also tend to be overly chatty
Love the blues in this one.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:19 AM

Good morning everyone.

I've emailed everyone in the two groups. Please review the email and then reply so I know you've received it and, hopefully, read it.

Also, I've established dedicated group threads. From this point forward, please post to those threads for the groups you are in. You are welcome to follow and post to the other group as well but information pertaining to each group will always be found in the dedicated thread. Please start posting there from now on and let's let this thread drift off into QB history. See you on the flip side!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...ml#post7483636

http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...ml#post7483640
Old 03-05-2016, 09:17 AM

Fabric washed.