Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4 >

Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4

Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4

Old 08-25-2020, 08:11 AM

((((((Hugs)))))) to all of my Boom sisters and all of the soon to be Boomers that will be added to my list! This feels like coming home. I got busy yesterday and got my fabrics cut, ironed and packaged up. Has anybody heard anything from Kass lately? I've just missed seeing her name while I was lurking and contemplating relocation or stay in place. I think stay in place is winning out since my youngest DD is now with me. Sure is nice to have some company after being alone for 13 years.
I think I'll take some pics of my fabrics today. You know how we do love those pictures!
Old 08-25-2020, 08:16 AM
Power Poster

I sent Kass a pm months ago, just to ask how she was doing. Never got a reply... I hope she is well and life is going smoothly for her. Working in the health care industry, I'm sure she's been busy!

So glad to have you back, Libster!
Old 08-25-2020, 08:24 AM

Well, time to try and get this posting pics thing down. This is one page of the quiet book I made (and am still adding to) for my great granddaughter who was hoping for a baby sister but got a brother. Let’s see if I can do https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...1&d=1598372982

i don’t think this is right, but you can see it in screen size!

And I have about 6 windows open just to get to this point!

if I keep editing, does that keep extending my editing time. I posted my pic somewhere else but I have no idea where. The Quiltingboard police are gonna post my mugshot soon!

Last edited by GramE; 08-25-2020 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Lack of understanding
Old 08-25-2020, 08:44 AM

Just sent Janice my info, fabric is in the washing machine and will type out notes today and get them in bags. So excited to be able to join in again.
Old 08-25-2020, 08:55 AM

Hi Everyone, I'm excited to join the group. My first time! I've been reading the posts from last Boomerang to get some ideas. I'll be deciding on my fabric today!

I'm working on a fall table runner. Even though it's still crazy hot here, I want to get that autumn feeling started.
Old 08-25-2020, 09:32 AM

Question.... The quilt shops and some quilting instructors now say not to wash fabrics as they are of better quality than years past. Also once washed you retreat with starch or the like. What is everyone's thoughts?
Old 08-25-2020, 09:48 AM

Every piece of fabric I buy stops at the washer before it goes any further into my house. I use color catcher sheets in the washer with them. You will be shocked to see what color those sheets are at the end of the wash cycle. Stuff that you think will never run, will. I don't know who invented those sheets but they deserve every cent that they cost.
Old 08-25-2020, 10:50 AM

Default Good topic!

Bugaroo, this is a topic that comes up in almost every Boom so it's a good one! For the purposes of this swap, The Quilting Board requires that fabrics, all fabrics, be prewashed. There are chemicals the fabrics that some people are more sensitive to than others. In order to save trouble, we all prewash and use products without strong aroma residue, including detergents and starches. Sensitivities exist to aromas as well. However, if i am quilting for myself, I generally don't prewash. I wait until a quilt is finished and then throw it in the wash as I like that crinkled look.
Originally Posted by Bugaroo View Post
Question.... The quilt shops and some quilting instructors now say not to wash fabrics as they are of better quality than years past. Also once washed you retreat with starch or the like. What is everyone's thoughts?
Old 08-25-2020, 10:53 AM

Welcome, MadeBySue! We love having new Boomers! Great idea to read over the Boom 24 thread to get an idea of what is expected and how this all works. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them!
Originally Posted by MadeBySue View Post
Hi Everyone, I'm excited to join the group. My first time! I've been reading the posts from last Boomerang to get some ideas. I'll be deciding on my fabric today!

I'm working on a fall table runner. Even though it's still crazy hot here, I want to get that autumn feeling started.
Old 08-25-2020, 10:55 AM

Default Early update

At present, we have 12 people signed up for the 3 month group and 4 for the 2 month group. It's super early so this is an excellent start! Remember our max is 20 people per group so each of you will be making 19 blocks if all 20 slots are filled.