Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4 >

Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4

Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4

Old 09-06-2020, 09:26 AM

Hello new and familiar friends - I am originally from the East Coast and in 2003 DH and I sold our home and went full time RVing. Loved every moment. We have a son and daughter who have blessed us with grandchildren. The two teens still spend two weeks with us wherever we may be and I love it!
I was a full charge bookkeeper and when traveling picked up a variety of interesting seasonal jobs – working at Amazon warehouse was one!! I loved doing intricate counted cross stitch and embroidery. Arthritis but a stop to it. When we were one the road I started quilting.
We have a small house in Prescott Valley AZ where we are now located as we take care of my 93yo mother. We will take a few trips – one to Quartzite in January – where everyone loves on her and gives us a breather. One day we will get back on the road to explore.
I looked back and I started QB in 2011 so it was probably 2012 when I was in my first boom. It was before Janice took over and we would send out our F8 individually to each member. I had quite a few not return and it was very difficult doing while traveling. With this format we have been blessed with Janice all the work she does. I also have learned so much from everyone. Some fabric is a real challenge while others speak immediately to you. I am waiting to touch and play with your fabric
Old 09-06-2020, 09:26 AM

Terriamn I’ll be thinking about you and your move!

i love all the fabrics so far. I have the toughest time with soft florals so it’s good for me to get those. It stretches my creativity. Julia’s tree repeat will be fun too. I have fun playing with repeat fabric.

here is my fabric for the two month group. I will make a large applique peacock to go in the middle.

we have a heat warning today. We closed up the house at 7:30 am so hopefully the house will stay cool as we don’t have air conditioning. We woke up to ash on the car from the fires,. Weirdly, The ashy skies make beautiful sunsets. Im so thankful Our firefighters here in CA are some of the best in the world!

Attached Thumbnails 7f48571b-e1c4-46bd-9d7e-5918f2e1b9bc.jpeg  
Old 09-06-2020, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post

Love the fabrics! Julia, yours looks challenging! I bet our Kassaundra could have done something amazing with it. I’ll see if I can think like Kass...
Where oh where is our Kass? I agree - when looking at certain fabric we all wonder what would she do??
Old 09-06-2020, 09:42 AM

It is one of my favorite geometrical fabrics I have ever purchased and I have used it sparingly. To my it represents "lush" don't ask me why it does but it does. I see everyone is giving a bit of our quilting and family history here and how we came to the Booms.
I have been quilting around 30+ years now if you want to include the panel quilts I did before I started doing patch work which was about 29 years ago. I have 2 adult daughters and 5 grandchildren. I have been with my darling now for 29 close to perfect years. The sickness and health bit has been ours for sure. I have had 2 strokes early on and was disabled with serious lung disease. The cause was finally determined after some unusual testing. Turn out I have an autoimmune disease that is heredity. My blood doesn't clot correctly and sometimes not at all. So after many years of treatment I am as stable as I will ever be. I will have infusion therapy monthly for the rest of my life. In the mean time the years have not been good to my DH who suffers with dementia. and a couple other chronic illnesses.
Quilting is a benefit of major proportion , I am spoiled with all the fabrics and tools I need to spend every moment that I want quilting and sewing as much as I want. So I spend a good time of my day on the computer with my quilting groups and the rest of the time sewing. That of course leaves little time for much else. I do clean and prepare a meal from time to time. I love doing patchwork and always trying something new. and my newest quilting love affair is with Accuquilt Go! and ruler quilting. So the boom is another fun thing to enjoy with other quilters. Boom!

Last edited by juliasb; 09-06-2020 at 09:45 AM.
Old 09-06-2020, 11:14 AM
Power Poster

MJP, what wonderful fabric!
Old 09-07-2020, 10:02 AM

More beautiful fabrics, everyone! I've added them to the gallery.

I like the idea of Pumpkins for the 2 month group and Flurries (someone offered that Snowflake has a negative connotation in some circles these days) for the 3 month group. So, let's go with Pumpkins and Flurries for your groups.

I've been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off since 6 am this morning and now I've got a killer headache. I'm going to take a few hours off to tend to it and then I hope to get your emails out this evening. Bear with me if I don't get them out until tomorrow.. I'll probably answer your emails tomorrow.

Later Pumpkins and Flurries!

Old 09-07-2020, 10:21 AM

Mine are ready to go to the post office, as soon as Janice gives the word to mail.
Old 09-07-2020, 02:19 PM
Power Poster

Mine are ready, too.

Lol, I did wonder about being called a snowflake... Flurries is much better.
Old 09-07-2020, 02:59 PM

I've set up two new threads, one for each group. Please begin using the thread for the group you are in. If you are in more than one group, please make sure you post pix to the proper group. It's easy to mix them up, especially in the beginning!

The dedicated Pumpkins thread...
Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group

The dedicated Flurries thread...
Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Emails were just sent. Anyone who doesn't receive an email, let me know but not before you check your spam folder please. Sometimes they end up there for no reason I know.

I'm off until tomorrow. It's been a very full day and I'm off to watch some college football soon.

Last edited by Janice McC; 09-07-2020 at 03:12 PM. Reason: additional info